It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter has locked all blue check mark (verified) accounts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Nothing further yet, but it appears all accounts with a blue check mark (verified) on Twitter have been locked out.

Could be a huge hack!

Kinda strange with all the big accounts not being able to post.

Twitters response

twitter.com...
edit on 7/15/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Could be a huge hack!

A lot of checked accounts have been tweeting something along the lines of “send me bitcoin and I’ll send double back”. Obvious scam is obvious, but dumb people fall for it, hence the temporary locking of the accounts.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Here's the current story

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Could be a huge hack!

A lot of checked accounts have been tweeting something along the lines of “send me bitcoin and I’ll send double back”. Obvious scam is obvious, but dumb people fall for it, hence the temporary locking of the accounts.

Not sure what that would have to do with locking verified accounts down.

Many are using older unverified accounts to post now. No blue checks are coming up with any new tweets.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I just heard on the radio there was a huge hack. All kinds of celebrities and politicians accounts are being held Ransom.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Could be a huge hack!

Yeah, apparently whoever hacked it is ending those scam tweets, so Twitter locked the verified accounts.

All of them? That's crazy.

Interesting. Twitter

This person suspects it's from the "back end" (Twitter itself).

Twitter2

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The checked accounts have been “hacked”, so it’s the scammers who are sending out the tweets. Loving down the accounts stops the scam from spreading, which stops more people being scammed.

Many are using older unverified accounts to post now. No blue checks are coming up with any new tweets.

Which, to me, sounds more like a breach of some kind in their verification database.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Could be a huge hack!

Likely because the hack only targets verified accounts (from what I understand), and there is no way for twitter to know whose account has actually been hacked, so they cut them all.

Bet I know one person really not happy: POTUS.

edit on 15-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The checked accounts have been “hacked”, so it’s the scammers who are sending out the tweets. Loving down the accounts stops the scam from spreading, which stops more people being scammed.

Which, to me, sounds more like a breach of some kind in their verification database.

Thats crazy. So there was some kind of breach available that allowed a hack of every single verified account at the same time.....

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If they deleted every blue check mark user the average intelligence level of twitter posts would skyrocket.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Bill Kristol posted an hour ago. When did this happen?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Too bad.

Parler works great!

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Does vomit count as a post?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Thats crazy. So there was some kind of breach available that allowed a hack of every single verified account at the same time.....

Checked accounts. Not all accounts. At least, that’s how it looks at the moment.

You’ve also got to remember that you haven’t been able to apply for a checked account for 2 or 3 years, so database security is probably a tad out of date and a security hole would less likely be patched as it’s not a “priority”.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Aaaaand, they're back.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Aaaaand, they're back.

Nope....not yet. Folks are just retweeting old tweets. No new verified account tweets.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In 2020, this hack makes perfect sense...

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
In 2020, this hack makes perfect sense...

You mean somebody trying to prove that electronic voting is not safe or accurate, like everyone thinks it is?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2020 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join