It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer Uses Emergency Alert System for Mask Mandate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has done it again !

She has used the emergency alert system to transmit her whimsical dictator directives.

This one was for the mask thing.

Definitely a modern day Brownshirt tactic !!

God help the USA if Democrats get more power next year !!

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) used the emergency broadcast system again Monday to order residents to wear masks.

Cell phones went off at 4:44 p.m. with an “Emergency Alert.”

From the Governor’s Office: Fight COVID by wearing a mask. Michiganders are REQUIRED by executive order to wear face coverings in public indoor and crowded outdoor spaces. Business must refuse entry or service to those who do not wear a face covering (with limited exceptions). More info: Michigan.gov/MaskUp.

Whitmer has regularly used the system, typically used to issue Amber Alerts for missing children, to reinforce her orders.

In March, the governor took over television stations to issue a “Michigan coronavirus emergency alert broadcast” to communicate the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” shutdown order.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Uses Emergency Alert System for Mask Mandate

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Aren't the executive orders just for government workers?

They are not law, I know that much.

I dont believe this will be enforceable.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Somebody should find her cell phone number and send Whitmer some emergency alerts.. along with all sorts of words and images.

link   
No police are taking calls for breaking the rule and you can shut your phones emergency thing off as I did. Was getting to be one every couple of days.

+4 more 
link   

Whitmer has been drunk on power since she first heard about covid... and has been abusing her power and oppressing people ever since. I understand other cities/states are petitioning to remove their elected leaders from power. Where does Michigan state stand on that issue with their crazy governor?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I need another hit because those last tabs took me to another reality and i want to go back home.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Somebody should find her cell phone number and send Whitmer some emergency alerts.. along with all sorts of words and images.

I wonder how many accidents she caused with all her "alerts" 🥴

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Comrade you must remember the Party comes first. We must all be faceless. We are not individuals. We are part of the Party, it is bigger than ourselves comrade. All shall be one faceless conforming people serving the Party. Individual, expression or thought must be extinguished comrade. You must install the contact tracing software comrade and report to the Party those you see breaking the rules of the new normal comrade. We are living in the new normal, all who dissent shall be quarantined.

edit on 15/7/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I need another hit because those last tabs took me to another reality and i want to go back home.

ROFL!!! That's priceless!

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Seriously? It's worth getting upset about? It was about 2 in the afternoon and only takes a second to dismiss it. Yeah the noise is annoying but not worth complaining about. Considering all the people I've seen with no masks in certain establishments, maybe some needed a reminder about the new rule in effect.

There was also an amber alert a short time later that came through. We had one in the winter maybe it was the previous winter, later at night from the gas company as well. I usually turn them off, you can cancel all but Presidential alerts.

Just seems like a minor thing to get riled up about. Everyone is just so on edge lately, tempers flare over anything it seems.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Seriously? It's worth getting upset about? It was about 2 in the afternoon and only takes a second to dismiss it. Yeah the noise is annoying but not worth complaining about. Considering all the people I've seen with no masks in certain establishments, maybe some needed a reminder about the new rule in effect.

There was also an amber alert a short time later that came through. We had one in the winter maybe it was the previous winter, later at night from the gas company as well. I usually turn them off, you can cancel all but Presidential alerts.

Just seems like a minor thing to get riled up about. Everyone is just so on edge lately, tempers flare over anything it seems.

I got them both on my phone also.
Whitless has issued more executive orders than any other governor in the country since the Convid started, far and away more than any other state except Colorado.
Absolute abuse of power by that psycho.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

It would be minor if it weren't being done by a person who has violated our state laws and in general is power-drunk, hell-bent on destroying our state's economy. She is out of control and needs to be stopped by any legal means necessary.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Aren't the executive orders just for government workers?

They are not law, I know that much.

I dont believe this will be enforceable.

You are correct (same for federal EOs) - most people are unaware of this...

Just like most people are unaware that Congress' legislative authority is exercised over two separate jurisdictions... a) 'Exclusive', which includes DC, federal property and areas where legislative jurisdiction has been formally delegated, and the territories, and b) legislation that applies to the States and the people thereof.

Most of their laws are territorial in nature, and technically don't apply to the States and the people thereof.

Of course, good luck arguing that in court.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
#QueenGretchen stikes again.

I am a native born US citizen who happens to live outside of the US now (thankfully, sad to say). What I don't understand is why

18 U.S. Code Title 18, section 242 regarding the deprivation of rights under color of law is not all over social media and not being trumpeted from every rooftop.

This is what justice.gov says about the statute:

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.

This is what fbi.gov has to say about it:

This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

This law further prohibits a person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation or custom to willfully subject or cause to be subjected any person to different punishments, pains, or penalties, than those prescribed for punishment of citizens on account of such person being an alien or by reason of his/her color or race.

Acts under "color of any law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the bounds or limits of their lawful authority, but also acts done without and beyond the bounds of their lawful authority; provided that, in order for unlawful acts of any official to be done under "color of any law," the unlawful acts must be done while such official is purporting or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. This definition includes, in addition to law enforcement officials, individuals such as Mayors, Council persons, Judges, Nursing Home Proprietors, Security Guards, etc., persons who are bound by laws, statutes ordinances, or customs.

Punishment varies from a fine or imprisonment of up to one year, or both, and if bodily injury results or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire shall be fined or imprisoned up to ten years or both, and if death results, or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Below is the text of the section. Interestingly, where quoted on the justice.gov webpage, the phrase ", or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, is omitted with ellipses, and both the FBI page and the justice.gov page make it clear that this is not only directed toward people under color of authority against aliens or based on color or race, but is about any official enforcing an unconstitutional law under color of authority.

Seems that this nails exactly what's going on and means that a lot of mayors, governors, and even LEOs should be facing prison time.

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

there is a petition going around to limit her emergency powers but this state doesn't seem to get it together . One problem we have is we get lousy choices to vote for . Michigan has far to many corrupt officials and nothing gets done . The roads still suck and the one's they fix don't last very long . At least the Kawam is still in prison

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has done it again !

She has used the emergency alert system to transmit her whimsical dictator directives.

This one was for the mask thing.

Definitely a modern day Brownshirt tactic !!

God help the USA if Democrats get more power next year !!

Yeah, that was sweet having the television, 2 tablets and 2 phones all going off at the same time for her latest "orders." I also heard the Michigan legislature are still looking for their gonads.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

What constitutional rights are being deprived? If none, that code would not apply.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
She has extended the emergency until August 11 now. How many extensions is this, and didn't the legislature have to vote on extensions?
Where is my right to representation?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Here’s a problem I foresee. Familiar with the tale of “The Little Boy who Cried Wolf“? The emergency alert systems are not to be used for just ANYTHING. It’s not like posting a Tweet. Real time, major warnings is its purpose. If the system is used for non time sensitive messages (wear a mask, social distance), folks will begin to not see the system as one for emergencies—-Amber Alerts, tornado warnings, flash flood warnings, the Chinese are nuking us, etc. The masses just become inured to The alert and dismiss it, turn it off or get annoyed and pay no heed—-if you “cry wolf” enough times when there is no wolf attacking your sheep——when it REALLY does happen, no one will pay you any mind.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Whitmer has been drunk on power since she first heard about covid... and has been abusing her power and oppressing people ever since. I understand other cities/states are petitioning to remove their elected leaders from power. Where does Michigan state stand on that issue with their crazy governor?

Whitmer is also a member of the 5 governor group who created and murdered thousands of Covid-19 patients, by sending them to Nursing Homes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join