It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Face Masks DON'T Work, According To SCIENCE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So what really need is an SCBA to be in public?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
This thread deserves to go in the hoax bin!!!

Wearing a mask is to help stop a person spreading the infection if they have it, more than stopping a person from getting it.
People should stop thinking youtube and facebook posts are science fact, 99.9% of the time they are just propaganda and opinion.

Do you feel that same way about the typical cold and flu?
I agree that youtube isn't a doctor, but here in case you were wondering:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com

jamanetwork.com

So you can read and research the studies themselves, and while you read those just remember that N-95 masks are better the a piece of cloth over your face.

Something else to think about what was stopping you from wearing a mask before? I mean if you were worried that you might get something weren't you allowed to just put one on? So then why should society as a whole be forced into having to do that if we had the choice to do it before? Just member that 90 and 100 year olds have survived this infection, so why shouldn't you?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Just member that 90 and 100 year olds have survived this infection, so why shouldn't you?

Just remember children and teenagers have died from this infection.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yes, people have survived the infection.

People have also died of it.

The idea of masks is to lesson the chance of more people dying of it.

Are you so selfish that you can't see that?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Did you even read your own sources? They're not determining whether masks are effective or not. They're comparing N95 masks against surgical masks and find little difference between the two. These studies in no way determine that masks are ineffective.

Also, only a first degree ass-hat would try and draw a comparison between the common cold and COVID. The mere fact that people need to be 'forced' to do something that is for the common good is appalling. People should WANT to do this to help stop the spread until we can get a vaccine. But this is the only-I-matter age apparently.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Yes, people have survived the infection.

People have also died of it.

The idea of masks is to lesson the chance of more people dying of it.

Are you so selfish that you can't see that?

Anyone who has had kids understands this behavior. It's being obstinate for the sake of being obstinate. These are the same people that refuse to use their turn signals, throw cigarette butts and trash out of their car windows, leave their shopping carts in the middle of parking spots, don't hold doors for the people behind them, don't put the toilet seat down, talk on their phones in public places... you get the drift.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Did they, or was other factors not being addressed.

a reply to: neformore

Really? less that 1% of the population has been effected by this, and even less have died. Those that did die have had other health issues that would have made any health compromises potentially deadly. Do you know of any cases where that cause of death was "Just the covid"?

a reply to: jtma508

And we are being told to wear what exactly, cloth over our faces. N-95 masks and surgical masks are only effective in hospital conditions. If you had read the reports you would have noticed that these tests were not done in real world settings. Have you use a N-95 mask while cutting a bunch of drywall? I have, they're good but they still don't keep out all the dust after a short while, so how do you think they will work against a virus? Now what about the cloth over your face that governors are telling people to wear?

So I ask this question a lot because it applies the this forced masked order everyone is being given; "If the state demands that people hand over there children in order to prevent them from getting the covid, will you comply?" After all like you said people should want to protect their kids right?

a reply to: jtma508

And yes, I'm the bad guy for questioning the removal of simple liberties. Wearing a mask because you feel ill is your choice, but forcing healthy people to give up surrender that choice because a very small amount of people could be sick doesn't make any sense. Why not ban sex? I mean a larger percentage of people die from HIV/AIDS complicated illnesses each year than from the covid. Don't you want to prevent HIV/AIDS?

***************************************************************************************

You posters can call me all the names you want, but just wait until you have to wear a badge stating that you've been tested or not. They already have you all wearing masks without questioning it.
edit on 17-7-2020 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join