It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Face Masks DON'T Work, According To SCIENCE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
so I decided to put this in the MP because it will get messy eventually and I dont want it to be closed due to that because it has facts in it.

now im going to try and put a bit of the transcript because some cant watch the whole video, so here we go.

Ben Swann as most of you know is a journalist or a reporter who makes his own investigation and backs up his claims with facts.

in this segment he will present studies that have been made in regards to wearing masks, and if it was effective to prevent the spread of a virus.

he is trying to prove his point from studies conducted from 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, and yes even in 2020.

a number of controlled studies has been done that looked at this issue whether not wearing N95 medical face masks or cloth masks actually reduced the risk of a virus.

so what did these studies find out? all those studies found out the same thing, these studies were looking into N95 mask, not just clothes on your face.

the study used only N95 masks in regards to spreading a virus and here it is

this one was in 2019
and all of the studies prior to it was the same.

here is from 2020

I've just summarised a bit but gave a general idea

here is the video

I dont know about you guys but I really trust Swann because of his history in investigations

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The guys in Vegas would say you are trying to make the point the hard way.

Think of it like this. You are trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

If masks worked then hospital personnel wouldn't be getting coronavirus.

The only way to avoid it is to lock yourself in a bunker similar to the way you'd do if there was a nuclear fallout. We're all out there sucking in each others germ whether a mask is on or not.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Watching later. Why don't they just show the size of the virus compared to the holes of the mask using simple concepts like a golf ball being thrown through an NFL goal post. I think that would help people understand how futile that goalpost is stopping that golf ball.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If mask work, why didn’t they issue them to prisoners instead of releasing them?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ben is GREAT! He does his homework. I've been following him since he was originally with fox. I wish i could have donated to his ventures after he left but I was unemployed.

This man should be given the chance of earning everyone's respect because he'll probably do just that.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

In before:

He's just a political operative.
The numbers, cases are up, look at the numbers
You are literally killing old people
Masks are the right thing to do to protect others
Multiple links to crap that doesn't support wearing maks, but has great headlines
You and Ben are both dumb
Well, some guy in Texas thought it was a hoax and died
Trump
It's common sense
Other countries are fine, stupid Americans are just won't do what's right
Trump again
Fauci is a GD saint and you should listen to everything he said, but only the past 8 weeks

Maybe this will help avoid the usual arguments and they can skip to the part where they fail to produce evidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Imagine if you're cut open on the operating table, and some nurse suddenly sneezes into your gaping chest cavity... I wonder what would prevent such a mistake from happening, I wonder what last resort piece of PPE would make the risk much, much, much lower. Sneezing into their arm works, sneezing into their hand works, sneezing into a tissue works.
Is there something else that can prevent such a scenario from happening when reaction time is slow to do so?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Imagine if you're cut open on the operating table, and some nurse suddenly sneezes into your gaping chest cavity... I wonder what would prevent such a mistake from happening, I wonder what last resort piece of PPE would make the risk much, much, much lower. Sneezing into their arm works, sneezing into their hand works, sneezing into a tissue works.
Is there something else that can prevent such a scenario from happening when reaction time is slow to do so?

We should make it law that nobody with gaping wounds in their torso is allowed in public.

Get it on Whitmers desk. She seems to be the one passing all the smart policies.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

In before:

He's just a political operative.
The numbers, cases are up, look at the numbers
You are literally killing old people
Masks are the right thing to do to protect others
Multiple links to crap that doesn't support wearing maks, but has great headlines
You and Ben are both dumb
Well, some guy in Texas thought it was a hoax and died
Trump
It's common sense
Other countries are fine, stupid Americans are just won't do what's right
Trump again
Fauci is a GD saint and you should listen to everything he said, but only the past 8 weeks

Maybe this will help avoid the usual arguments and they can skip to the part where they fail to produce evidence.

I know what you're getting at but what to do?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If masks worked then hospital personnel wouldn't be getting coronavirus.

Ya, or, if they weren't somewhat effective, they all would of caught it

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

this is about covid19 , are you talking about covid19?

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The virus is spread in water droplets/spittle, not just by individual little bits of its RNA.

The droplets spread on surfaces, which then can be transferred by direct transmission.

By wearing a face covering, the risk of accidentally spraying droplets is lessened. Water droplets are wicked into the mask.

I don't know why people can't understand that.

I guess its just their stupidity.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If you can't make the connection then you clearly can't comprehend what the masks are for.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here again, whatever a persons bias, there are multiple studies to reinforce that bias. Links to a litany of studies have been posted on ATS showing that masks can be moderately effective. Now Ben Swann points to another group of studies saying masks have little to no effect in helping to reduce the spread.

Pick what confirms your bias and run with it folks.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well, lucky for me (and anyone with a weak stomach), I don't walk around in public with a gaping chest cavity, or have operations performed on public street corners.

Imagine if you were on a construction site and you weren't wearing your safety goggles and a fragment of iron popped off a beam and flew into your eye.

Certain jobs call for certain PPE.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

They all probably of already caught it. Or like the flu, they were immune to it and showed no effects.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

WhoTF spits 6' when they talk? And don't say Lou Holtz, we can go ahead and put him in a mask.

ETA: Go to the 1:02 mark for proof.

edit on 15-7-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join