It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
walmart because they require masks which may help prevent a virus, but you didn't boycott walmart for bad employee practices and destroying local markets before?

What bad employee practices? Where I live the local markets shot themselves in the foot long before we had a Walmart.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And they could not make it across the channel???

Silly "Germans".

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yep, looks like those germans must be lighter and fluffier than the average germ.
:wink:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lucky for Europe that Hitler lacked the technology required to reduce the Panzerwaffe to aerosol particles, because clearly that would have been quite the game changer for the war.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: carewemust
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.
Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

No, I don't. Could you be more specific?

I think you know exactly what he means.

I'm just an ignorant foreigner, and I'd him to explain what he's talking about.

90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. You get "Murica" 24x7 whether you like it or not. You aren't the least bit ignorant.
Perhaps. But since our pal here decided to post a 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink', I'm curious to see if he actually has the cojones to explain his remark.

He's talking about the fact that Wal-Mart is greasy AF...as is a disproportionate amount of its Shoppers..for some reason...

What's the big deal? Us Canadians know that too...

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For all the nonsense about making people wear masks or voluntarily wearing masks why are these businesses not setting up hand washing stations that are mandatory or making people wear gloves? Where is the national push to wear gloves in public? When was the last time you went into Walmart or any store for that matter and not touched anything? How many people do you see in a public restroom not wash their hands or cover their cough, pick their nose or butt, and then not sanitize their hands after?

You would think that a retailer that sells groceries and everything else under the sun that involves people touching the products would not overlook that aspect of hygiene. This is a big factor why I just laugh at the masks because there are so many other ways that the virus can be spread that have not been addressed at businesses like this.

I wear masks basically just so I don't have to worry about being hassled but I have little confidence that they are doing anything except annoying the person wearing them.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think we all had horrendous stocks of nasty gas and other biologicals laying around from WW1 ready to unleash should the Nazis ever have been silly enough to play that game.

Probably still do if we are honest aka what's underneath Porton Down or the likes.

Lucky for the USA Germany never perfected atomics first or V missiles capable of reaching the East coast.

Lucky for all of us really, but i digress.
edit on 15-7-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: carewemust
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.
Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

No, I don't. Could you be more specific?

I think you know exactly what he means.

I'm just an ignorant foreigner, and I'd him to explain what he's talking about.

90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. You get "Murica" 24x7 whether you like it or not. You aren't the least bit ignorant.
Perhaps. But since our pal here decided to post a 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink', I'm curious to see if he actually has the cojones to explain his remark.

He's talking about the fact that Wal-Mart is greasy AF...as is a disproportionate amount of its Shoppers..for some reason...

Um...sure.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, at least Walmart also offers curbside pickup and delivery... So customers do have some options. It's much better than places with no options.

I suspect this is purely for liability purposes. At some point, businesses have to take potential lawsuits into account as well. And with the face mask crazy going around, yeah, I see potential lawsuits coming.

Liability? LOL

So now we can assume what person or what store we think we were exposed to COVID or any other cold virus and sue that person or store? Yes, a person can file a lawsuit for any reason, but how the hell would you prove that, LOL

I'm suing ATS for carpal tunnel syndrome.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm getting ready to head out for groceries, and Walmart is my second stop. This week. Next week, I guess I'll get a few things curbside, maybe, and they can stay inside their smelly, greasy, plague-riddled store safe in the knowledge that I won't be going in there.

They're already discriminating against the handicapped here by requiring those entering the store to walk this maze through the parking lot that makes zero logical sense whatsoever.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I had to do ASDA today, Walmart own that over here, have to say it was not the chore it seems to have become over the past few months, no queue, everbody had a mask on and the shelfs were chock full for once.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Liability?

LOL So now we can assume what person or what store we think we were exposed to COVID or any other cold virus and sue that person or store?

There are plenty of means of finding out someone has tested positive at an establishment someone has visited -- from new reports, to NextDoor, to word of mouth, to signs on doors of closed establishments. With so many social distancing and self-isolating and limiting their exposure, many people could pinpoint the only possible sources the were infected.

Yes, a person can file a lawsuit for any reason, but how the hell would you prove that...

Civil lawsuits only require a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond all reasonable doubt. It would be possible for many people to establish that preponderance of evidence, as noted above. In theory, the plaintiffs would have to prove some negligence on the part of the establishment, but that's only in theory... if the jury is filled with the pearl clutching "you're gonna kill me" types, then that may just go out the window in deliberations.

And that's assuming it even goes to trial. It's common for large corporations to settle before it gets that far, if only because a settlement might actually be less than the costs of a trial.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And specifically to Georgia I found this

georgia.gov...

All Georgia residents and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings as practicable while outside their home or place of residents, except when eating, drinking, or exercising outdoors.

When you leave your home, wear cloth face coverings wherever and whenever practicable. Covering your nose and mouth greatly reduces your chances of spreading the virus and provides some protection for the wearer. Use face coverings if you'll be indoors or around other people where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies).

Sorry, neither a web post/page or a Governors declaration can override State Law.

So, apparently from this declaration made by the State of Georgia in April it IS legal to wear them in public. Maybe you could find a better interpretation of the law you are citing for us.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Bluntone22
Remember Folks, it's a private business, they can make their own rules, if you don't want to wear a mask it's YOUR choice.
You can STAY home and order, or shop elsewhere.

A private business cannot require one to break State Law.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
It's just a mask i don't see the big deal. It makes everyone more comfortable.

Really? It makes me want to puke my guts out.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So, do you actually have a medical condition that precludes you from wearing a mask, or is this just a matter of assuming a fake ailment in order to weenie-out on the rules?

You do realize that it is a violation of HIPPA rules to even ask me that, no?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog
I was in Target the other day, watching as two women were trying on designer masks and putting them back on the rack. I left laughing my ass off.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

HIPAA

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Charliebrowndog
I was in Target the other day, watching as two women were trying on designer masks and putting them back on the rack. I left laughing my ass off.

That would be like them trying on - never mind, the mind picture grosses me out just thinking about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
OK, I will now be taking the picture of any Walmart employee not properly wearing a mask and contacting management about it. At least half the local Walmart employees do not properly wear masks. If I have to wear one, so do they.

Agreed, I work there.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join