It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Next up...

From the 1918 Spanish Flu.

edit on 7/15/2020 by Klassified because: oopsie

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm totally cracking up over here.
People are losing their minds over this.

Remember Folks, it's a private business, they can make their own rules, if you don't want to wear a mask it's YOUR choice.
You can STAY home and order, or shop elsewhere.

link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Most States have similar laws... check yours...

This is an interesting point and I have wondered about it a bit as well. A quick search brought this to my attention

www.abajournal.com...

There is still an anti-mask law on the books in Florida, although it is more narrowly tailored now. It is part of a Florida law dealing with “criminal anarchy, treason and other crimes against public order.”

The law now has an intent requirement. It applies if the wearer has an intent to deprive people of equal protection of the law, to interfere with a person’s rights secured by law, or to threaten or harass another person. It also applies to people who wear a mask to evade identification in a court proceeding that is reasonably likely to stem from the wearer’s conduct.

The law also lists exemptions for people wearing traditional holiday costumes; people in trades in which the mask is worn for protection; people using masks in theatrical productions, including use in “Gasparilla celebrations” and masquerade balls; and people wearing gas masks in emergency drills.

And specifically to Georgia I found this

georgia.gov...

All Georgia residents and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings as practicable while outside their home or place of residents, except when eating, drinking, or exercising outdoors.

When you leave your home, wear cloth face coverings wherever and whenever practicable. Covering your nose and mouth greatly reduces your chances of spreading the virus and provides some protection for the wearer. Use face coverings if you'll be indoors or around other people where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies).

So, apparently from this declaration made by the State of Georgia in April it IS legal to wear them in public. Maybe you could find a better interpretation of the law you are citing for us.

link   
OK, I will now be taking the picture of any Walmart employee not properly wearing a mask and contacting management about it. At least half the local Walmart employees do not properly wear masks. If I have to wear one, so do they.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.

Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

I was going to say the same thing. Walmarts are pretty nasty without Covid. Had a relative get a disease after working there, got it on their hands from the carts. Pretty gross.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
Well, I heard on the radio this morning that some republican is trying to get a bill passed that she can't use that system anymore. I hope it passes.

And yeah, damned if I do, damned if I don't. I have COPD, so the mask sucks. But I try to wear it over my mouth at least. Cause, I don't want any hassles from people

Like the guy that got shot yesterday in Grand Ledge. He stabbed someone over the mask issue. Crazy video.

link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
OK, I will now be taking the picture of any Walmart employee not properly wearing a mask and contacting management about it. At least half the local Walmart employees do not properly wear masks. If I have to wear one, so do they.

You beat me to it. Exactly what I was thinking.

link   

That Georgis law does not apply to medical use masks. You still have the first one.

Incorrect... the exceptions are:

(b) This Code section shall not apply to:

(1) A person wearing a traditional holiday costume on the occasion of the holiday;

(2) A person lawfully engaged in trade and employment or in a sporting activity where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession, or sporting activity;

(3) A person using a mask in a theatrical production including use in Mardi gras celebrations and masquerade balls; or

(4) A person wearing a gas mask prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises or emergencies.

None of those apply to me or private individual citizens...
edit on 15-7-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And this is an interesting topic Jag. It used to be that public spaces were owned by the public, that is tax payer funded property. The city square, the neighborhood playground etc. But more and more, corporations have been buying up those public spaces making THEM the ''law'' over the use of those spaces.

That and the fact that businesses have also trended to turning their properties into ''gathering places''. The ''mall'' for instance. A McDonald's eating room. I've seen numerous McDonalds where old people come out of their small apartments in the morning and gather for coffee and breakfast with a lot of other old folk sharing the space. It's not a public space but a private space created by a corporation to entice a constant flow and return flow. In a way they have encouraged this concept of a community kitchen or dining room.

And in the end it is exactly what you pointed out, a privately owned space subject to the rules that corporation sets down.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Your copy is out of date.

1-31 (4) A person wearing facial covering for medical
1-32 treatment;

SB 482

EDIT
Oopse, that is a proposed change to the law and still a just a bill. My bad.

edit on 7 15 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 15 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Me too. COPD. Since childhood which was ages ago. I also have serious sinus things going on and a nose that has always been sensitive to any form of restrictions and irritations. It runs a lot and restrictive anything brings that to bear.

So what do I do for a mask? I have a grinding hood I wear. Clear plastic visor that covers my whole face. My warm breath does not fog the visor but goes straight down onto my chest. If I'm walking with no one around, swish, up come the visor until someone is near me and swish, down it comes again.
'
That form of face covering seems to be acceptable to most stores and businesses as I have seen those visors more and more being worn by clerks and others in the properties I need to access.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah thanks to Dumb Bel Edwards, our state now requires masks everywhere. Luckily the grocery store i use isn't enforcing the measure. They let us be adults. Same with most other stores around here.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Let's talk about closing the barn door after the horses are twenty miles away...

They can require this as they choose. I can choose to do my shopping elsewhere, and will do so. My few hundred dollars a month may not sound like much, but I won't be the only one.

Ah, Wal-mart, what must Sam be thinking?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's just a mask i don't see the big deal. It makes everyone more comfortable. I feel soooo oppressed urma gaaahd

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.

No, I don't. Could you be more specific?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Same here... I haven't shopped at any of them since the new Kroger Marketplace opened up about 4 or 5 years ago. I definitely haven't missed them.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ok karen.

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

No, I don't. Could you be more specific?

One is loaded with uglies that are better off with their faces covered.

You darn Canadians.

link   

(2) A person lawfully engaged in trade and employment or in a sporting activity where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession, or sporting activity;

None of those apply to me or private individual citizens...

Would you not say that when you enter a store that you are lawfully engaged in trade? Sounds like it to me. And while what you highlight about Georgia law suggests the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, I can see where, in a private business, as Jag pointed out, that that ''safety clause might simply be made for the safety of all within the place of business at the discretion of that business.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In PA the mask requirement has been in effect for months. I quit wearing them a few months ago after recognizing how blatantly useless they were. I was hoping to start a trend. I was like the lone stranger then. Everyone else was masked.

By the end of June mask wearers were an extreme minority in most stores. Particularly Walmart. Then on July 1st Mr. Rachel Levine and Governor Wolf refreshed the mandate . I went back to Walmart and now I was the only one maskless again.

The human mind is a funny thing. The mandate in these stores never changed. They were willing to risk their lives yesterday, But suddenly people went from using common sense to being scared again in less than 24 hours. All because the TV told them so.

We are a gutless, spineless society any more. Masks are useless, especially those cheap cloth bandannas and snot rags folks are sporting. That's not an opinion...it's a medical fact.

The only time I wear a mask is when I go to the doctor or dentists. Not because they work, but as a courtesy to other folks frightened about their demise by the silent wind of doom......

edit on 15-7-2020 by Frodolives because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join