It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
OK. Here is how I see it.....

I deal with folks who come from all walks of life.

I try to deal with each individual as they are.
What I see is, folks that are older, are the one that fight with you, and argue.

What are they doing? They are expressing anger, but the truth is, as I see it, they are scared.

I see the younger generation acting Macho. Were Not afraid. But, I think they really are afraid of the unknown. They are following their herd..... Be Cool. We are in control. NOT!!! Remember how you felt at this age. You were above it all.

I don't think this Covid thing is a Hoax..

What I do believe is there are certain groups that are trying to take advantage of our fears.

We all need to use COMMON SENSE. Don't believe what the Talking Heads tell you.

We're here on the internet.

Do your homework. Look into things YOURSELF. Get the FACTS.

OUR COUNTRY DEPENDS ON YOU TO WEED OUT THE BS, AND UNDERSTAND THE FACTS>

LOVE ATS. HOPE IT IS ALWAYS HERE FOR US.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Herda reply to: burdman30ott6

Heard that on one of the News Channels.

Could you be that Talking Head? Or are you like me, and really liked that analogy?

edit on 16-7-2020 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
A) You are asserting that just because one has to be circumspect about their spending, they are 'filthy'.

Um, have you ever been inside a Walmart? Is there some manner of Devilry going on between American Walmarts and Canadian Walmarts like between American 7/11s and Japanese 7/11s, where the Japanese 7/11s are like gourmet food stores compared to the day old fried burrito and cheap bottle of hooch American 7/11s?

Nope, Wally world is the same in Çanada.

As I said earlier greasy at.

Not sure how someone couldn't notice...lol

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. JFK

Is your constitutional right not to wear a mask more important then doing whats best for your community and those around you?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Dumbasses being too arrogant to wear a mask is part of the reason why the united states is a mockery and our infection rates are astronomically higher than anywhere else.

But we're #1 m i rite bois!?

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
www.gov.uk... ur-own

Uk exemptions

young children under the age of 11
not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
to eat or drink, but only if you need to
to take medication
if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering

If you get asked to remove your face garment in a shop, ask for hand gel or a washroom to clean your hands, also ask for a replacement if you only had the 1 mask stating face mask protocol.

When removing a face covering:

wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
only handle the straps, ties or clips
do not share with someone else to use
if single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
if reusable, wash it in line with manufacturer’s instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
1. What is a face covering?
In the context of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a face covering is something which safely covers the nose and mouth. You can buy reusable or single-use face coverings. You may also use a scarf, bandana, religious garment or hand-made cloth covering but these must securely fit round the side of the face.

Face coverings are not classified as PPE (personal protective equipment) which is used in a limited number of settings to protect wearers against hazards and risks, such as surgical masks or respirators used in medical and industrial settings.

Face coverings are instead largely intended to protect others, not the wearer, against the spread of infection because they cover the nose and mouth, which are the main confirmed sources of transmission of virus that causes coronavirus infection (COVID-19).

If you wish to find out more about the differences between surgical face masks, PPE face masks, and face coverings see the MHRA’s (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) regulatory status of equipment being used to help prevent coronavirus (COVID-19).

2. The reason for using face coverings
Coronavirus (COVID-19) can spread predominantly by droplets from coughs, sneezes and speaking. These droplets can also be picked up from surfaces, if you touch a surface and then your face without washing your hands first. This is why social distancing, regular hand hygiene, and covering coughs and sneezes is so important in controlling the spread of the virus.

The best available scientific evidence is that, when used correctly, wearing a face covering may reduce the spread of coronavirus droplets in certain circumstances, helping to protect others.

Because face coverings are mainly intended to protect others, not the wearer, from coronavirus (COVID-19) they are not a replacement for social distancing and regular hand washing. It is important to follow all the other government advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) including staying safe outside your home. If you have recent onset of any of the most important symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):

a new continuous cough
a high temperature
a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
you and your household must isolate at home: wearing a face covering does not change this. You should arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19.

3. How to wear a face covering
In addition to the guidance below the UK’s Health and Safety Executive website provides guidance on wearing face coverings.

A face covering should:

cover your nose and mouth while allowing you to breathe comfortably
fit comfortably but securely against the side of the face
be secured to the head with ties or ear loops
be made of a material that you find to be comfortable and breathable, such as cotton
ideally include at least two layers of fabric (the World Health Organisation recommends three depending on the fabric used)
unless disposable, it should be able to be washed with other items of laundry according to fabric washing instructions and dried without causing the face covering to be damaged
When wearing a face covering you should:

wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on
avoid wearing on your neck or forehead
avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
change the face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
When removing a face covering:

wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before removing
only handle the straps, ties or clips
do not share with someone else to use
if single-use, dispose of it carefully in a residual waste bin and do not recycle
if reusable, wash it in line with manufacturer’s instructions at the highest temperature appropriate for the fabric
wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser once removed
4. When to wear a face covering
Different regulations exist for wearing face coverings in different parts of the UK about which you can find out more on devolved government websites:

Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales
In England, you must by law wear a face covering in the following settings:

Public Transport
Shops and Supermarkets as of 24 July 2020
Measures can be taken if people do not comply with this law. Transport operators can deny service or direct someone to wear a face covering. If necessary, the police and Transport for London authorised officers can issue fines of £100 (halving to £50 if paid within 14 days). Shops and supermarkets will be expected to encourage compliance with the law (as they would do more generally) and can refuse entry. In both cases, if necessary, the police have the powers to enforce these measures, including through issuing a fine of £100 (halving to £50 if paid within 14 days).

You are also strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in other enclosed public spaces where social distancing may be difficult and where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.

5. Exemptions to wearing a face covering where they are mandated
In settings where face coverings are mandated in England, there are some circumstances, for health, age or equality reasons, whereby people are not expected to wear face coverings in these settings. Please be mindful and respectful of such circumstances noting that some people are less able to wear face coverings.

It is not compulsory for shop or supermarket staff to wear face coverings, although employers should consider recommending their use where appropriate and where other mitigations are not in place. For example, there will be times when screens or visors are in use, or when a staff member is not in close proximity to people they do not normally meet, and so wearing a covering for staff will not be necessary. Employers should continue to follow COVID-19 secure guidelines to reduce the proximity and duration of contact between employees.

You do not need to wear a face covering if you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes:

young children under the age of 11
not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others
to avoid injury, or to escape a risk of harm, and you do not have a face covering with you
to eat or drink, but only if you need to
to take medication
if a police officer or other official requests you remove your face covering
There are also scenarios when you are permitted to remove a face covering when asked:

If asked to do so by shop staff for the purpose of age identification
If speaking with people who rely on lip reading, facial expressions and clear sound. Some may ask you, either verbally or in writing, to remove a covering to help with communication
For exemptions in different parts of the UK please refer to the specific guidance for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

6. Face coverings at work
There is no universal face coverings guidance for workplaces because of the variety of work environments in different industries. The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has p

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Also nice to know its only guidance only, which means if you get fined and you go to court, it'll most likely get thrown out as no crime has been committed, because no law has been broken.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
All stores require masks by me. a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
In my country, masks in stores became mandatory a week ago. Before, hardly anyone had a mask on. When we heard it was going to become mandatory everyone whined and complained about the masks and their right to not wear one, etc... and now, one week later, everyone has a mask on their face, no one stopped shopping as they said they would, no one is even talking about it anymore.

Give it a week and it became the new normal...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Neither. I'm not on TV nor do I watch TV news (or even have cable to do so.)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

Dumbasses being too arrogant to wear a mask is part of the reason why the united states is a mockery and our infection rates are astronomically higher than anywhere else.

But we're #1 m i rite bois!?

Actually. the amount of testing of asymptomatic people is the major reason our infection rates are so high. We have suspected since February that many cases were asymptomatic; now we have proof. Virus-related hospitalizations are not up overall (the reports of high bed usage are due to procedures we delayed for a few months because we were skeered of the WuFlu), and neither are deaths.

If the goal is to reduce the number of known infections, stop testing. If the goal is to discover the truth about the virus, stop panicking and look at the data objectively. If the goal is to create mass hysteria, please, everyone keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Bloodworth

Married?
Kids?
Anyone that loves you?

From your answer I'm guessing no.

Did the virus suddenly decide to only attack married people and parents?

We need a negotiation team instead of a translator team... maybe we can reach an armistice with it.

TheRedneck

My single friends choose not to wear a Mask compared to the married with children crowd.

Some still dont belive in the masks but the risk of getting sick and having children and a wife is too great.

Some are just extremely stubborn and never do what they are told.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I will probably wear a mask anytime I'm in a store or around a crowd indoors for the next 1 or 2 years.

Good for you.

I will never wear one unless I have no choice, and even then, I'll pull it below my nose so I can breathe freely.

##YourFear

Married?
Kids?
Anyone that loves you?

From your answer I'm guessing no.

The mask does eff all to protect the actual wearer and I sure as hell doubt anyone wears their mask when they are in the presence of their wife and kids... it's sort of an accepted fact in my house that if one of us get it, we're all going to get it (especially between my wife and I as we share a bed for nightly sleeping and recreational activities.)

Not real sure how someone's position on not wearing a mask that does nothing to protect their house makes you think they live alone in said house.

I'd said its like 80 -30. 30% it protects the wearer.
80% it's to protect others.

And trust me if you get it, you will be praying for your family not to.
Everyone is effected different and knowing what loved ones can get it's hard to handle.
That's why when the symptoms get so severe the person leaves or stays in one room

Because they know first hand that they would want a loved one to go through what they are.

I was just pointing out that my single friends are less likely to wear a mask then the .married with children crowd.

Even the married who hate the idea of a mask.say the risk of getting sick is too much of gamble when married with kids.

This is why everyone gets to make their own choices and have to live with their own consequences whether good or bad

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
If you call that compliance... yuk yuk yuk...

Yeah, cause it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

My reply to you was intended to point out something that should be obvious to everyone, but which seems to have gone completely over everyone's head...

According to what we are being told, this is the single most intelligent virus we have ever encountered in history. I changes its modus operandi consistently; it is self-aware and completely cognizant of its surroundings; it has an exceptional grasp of human psychology; it can plan and execute long-range goals. We no longer need to wait on the aliens to land to find a superior intelligence... it's right here in a virus!

We know that trying to stop the virus using face masks is akin to hiding behind a tennis net during a gunfight... absolutely useless. We were told that in great detail some months ago, and warned that wearing a useless face mask would lead to overconfidence. Now we are being told that those tiny particles suddenly refuse to escape the netting many times their size. That sounds like the virus made a judgement call and decided to respect the artificial barrier we call a face mask.

We are told that in some states (Hello, Michigan!) the virus hides in the gardening aisles, but in other states the entire Walmart store is immune to viral infection... or was, until it decided that anyone without a face mask in a Walmart would be destroyed. We are told that this virus apparently hates restaurants, and will lie in wait for anyone entering one in order to kill themselves and anyone they know; it is not interested in grocery stores, however. I can only assume the virus has not discovered that humans are capable of preparing food at home. We are told that children are all going to die from education, so they must be kept home from school at all costs; yet, this is completely opposite from what we know from the scientific data: that being that children are pretty much immune to symptomatic illness form this virus and are not highly contagious either. Apparently the virus has decided to attack children now. Did we decrypt a secret communique form the viral forces?

We are even told that the virus is fond of jumping between people entering a store and people leaving a store, so we have to take extreme measures to ensure the two groups do not come into contact with each other. Even the six foot guideline is insufficient for this, and requires instead half the distance across the parking lot.

We are told that this virus likes to frequent beaches, and social distancing, while respected by the virus everywhere else, will attack anyone venturing onto a beach, even alone, and will punish that individual along with everyone they know. I can only assume it considers beaches to be of strategic value and therefore defends them.

We are told that the virus spreads through human-human contact... after being told there was no evidence of this. However, we have somehow discovered that the virus is incapable of traveling more than six feet from its host, and will even remain within six feet of the host when the host is moving. Pretty good intel work there, I must say.

It also seems some people in positions of power have decided to try and call a cease fire in our war against this virus. Some states have decided that we do not need to even attempt to use drugs which have been shown to have promise in treating it. Maybe we are violating the virus' civil rights by trying to cure it?

In short, this virus has singlehandedly broken every law of physics imaginable! That includes the very concept of the scientific method: we can throw everything we have at it, observe no real change in its behavior, and yet realize that we can pick and choose what did and did not work without further investigation. If we could communicate with it, I believe we would be able to discover the secrets behind zero-point energy, instantaneous space travel, and even be capable of defying gravity! Why we are not trying to establish diplomatic relations with this virus instead of fighting it, I have no idea.

Of course, there is also the possibility that we are all being lied to by the politicians and power-grabbers that keep feeding us this horse manure... but yeah, that's crazy talk. It's much more reasonable to simply assume that we are being invaded by a super-intelligent virus capable of rational thought and long-range planning, while all of our politicians have decided suddenly to be completely honest with us.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Our hospitalization rates due to Covid specifically are increasing in Florida. They’ve mandated masks because it’s either that, or shut everything down again. I assume more people are happy with this option vs. another stretch of closures, but they sure don’t act that way. So we will probably be closing again in a couple weeks I imagine as our hospital capacity is almost full (specifically due to Covid cases as reported by the hospitals) and people are still refusing to wear masks in large numbers.
edit on 7/17/2020 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

At present, in Florida, reports are that anyone who enters a hospital for any reason is given a test for the virus. If the test comes back positive, they are then classified as a COVID-19 case, regardless of the reason they entered. In other words, if someone had a cancer screening scheduled for any time between March and June, and were finally able enter a hospital for the procedure in July, they would be considered a COVID-19 case if they tested positive, whether they had symptoms or not and whether they were treated for the virus itself or not.

There are also reports out of Florida that the reason behind the number of cases suddenly spiking is that many testing centers are reporting only positives. Some have been showing 100% of all tests as being positive because they simply refused to report the negative tests. If that is true, then everyone is already infected and the masks do absolutely no good.

STOP BELIEVING THE LIES! Your neighbor is not a witch! She did not cause you to get warts using black magic!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: deadlysyn
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Racist dog whistle? Do you guys intentionally look for what you claim to be racism in everything, or does it come naturally?

Here's the quote:

originally posted by: carewemust
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March. Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

How would you interpret the comment? I've asked the OP repeatedly, but he seems to have weenied out on responding. Do you have a better explanation?

Yeah, the people who frequent Walmart tend to be of questionable pedigrees and either look better with their faces obscured, make a more healthful environment with their faces covered, or both...
Seriously dude, it takes a goddamn race baiter to read the quoted comment and immediately say "OMG, a racist dog whistle!" Visit peopleofwalmart.com sometime and tell me, what color are the majority of trailer park trash spectacles photographed inside of Walmart either looking skank, acting a fool, or otherwise appearing like someone you'd probably not want to occupy a close space with?

...says the guy with the Stars and Bars...LOL!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

My reply to you was intended to point out something that should be obvious to everyone, but which seems to have gone completely over everyone's head...

According to what we are being told, this is the single most intelligent virus we have ever encountered in history. I changes its modus operandi consistently; it is self-aware and completely cognizant of its surroundings; it has an exceptional grasp of human psychology; it can plan and execute long-range goals. We no longer need to wait on the aliens to land to find a superior intelligence... it's right here in a virus!

We know that trying to stop the virus using face masks is akin to hiding behind a tennis net during a gunfight... absolutely useless. We were told that in great detail some months ago, and warned that wearing a useless face mask would lead to overconfidence. Now we are being told that those tiny particles suddenly refuse to escape the netting many times their size. That sounds like the virus made a judgement call and decided to respect the artificial barrier we call a face mask.

We are told that in some states (Hello, Michigan!) the virus hides in the gardening aisles, but in other states the entire Walmart store is immune to viral infection... or was, until it decided that anyone without a face mask in a Walmart would be destroyed. We are told that this virus apparently hates restaurants, and will lie in wait for anyone entering one in order to kill themselves and anyone they know; it is not interested in grocery stores, however. I can only assume the virus has not discovered that humans are capable of preparing food at home. We are told that children are all going to die from education, so they must be kept home from school at all costs; yet, this is completely opposite from what we know from the scientific data: that being that children are pretty much immune to symptomatic illness form this virus and are not highly contagious either. Apparently the virus has decided to attack children now. Did we decrypt a secret communique form the viral forces?

We are even told that the virus is fond of jumping between people entering a store and people leaving a store, so we have to take extreme measures to ensure the two groups do not come into contact with each other. Even the six foot guideline is insufficient for this, and requires instead half the distance across the parking lot.

We are told that this virus likes to frequent beaches, and social distancing, while respected by the virus everywhere else, will attack anyone venturing onto a beach, even alone, and will punish that individual along with everyone they know. I can only assume it considers beaches to be of strategic value and therefore defends them.

We are told that the virus spreads through human-human contact... after being told there was no evidence of this. However, we have somehow discovered that the virus is incapable of traveling more than six feet from its host, and will even remain within six feet of the host when the host is moving. Pretty good intel work there, I must say.

It also seems some people in positions of power have decided to try and call a cease fire in our war against this virus. Some states have decided that we do not need to even attempt to use drugs which have been shown to have promise in treating it. Maybe we are violating the virus' civil rights by trying to cure it?

In short, this virus has singlehandedly broken every law of physics imaginable! That includes the very concept of the scientific method: we can throw everything we have at it, observe no real change in its behavior, and yet realize that we can pick and choose what did and did not work without further investigation. If we could communicate with it, I believe we would be able to discover the secrets behind zero-point energy, instantaneous space travel, and even be capable of defying gravity! Why we are not trying to establish diplomatic relations with this virus instead of fighting it, I have no idea.

Of course, there is also the possibility that we are all being lied to by the politicians and power-grabbers that keep feeding us this horse manure... but yeah, that's crazy talk. It's much more reasonable to simply assume that we are being invaded by a super-intelligent virus capable of rational thought and long-range planning, while all of our politicians have decided suddenly to be completely honest with us.

TheRedneck

Its like vaping...its was impossible to know the effects of something so new that it would take a few years to have an understanding.

This virus is very new and different. Most of what you are hearing are theories.

Do you want to gamble or take precaution. Up to everyone

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join