It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart will require shoppers wear mask July 20th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wal-Mart took a knee and will now require masks.

www.cnn.com...

"About 65% of Walmart's more than 5,000 stores, including its Sam's Club locations, are located in areas where there is a government mandate on face coverings."

"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20," Walmart US chief operating officer Dacona Smith and Sam's Club chief operating officer Lance De La Rosa said in a blog post Wednesday. "

I didnt see that one coming or at least not yet.

Thoughts?
edit on 15-7-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

All the Walmart’s in my area have had this requirement for a month or so.

I guess corporate is late to the party.

Funnest damn party I’ve ever been to. 👎

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Governor Half Whitmer made it mandatory to wear masks in any business on Monday here in Michigan.
I don’t agree with it but I will comply for now.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Here in Britain, where I feel everything is over and have been living like that for a couple of months now, they are introducing mandatory masks in supermarkets.
I hate it with a vengeance but I also noticed that I am tired of fighting and bought the cheapest black masks I could find. They will do absolutely nothing and I don't even give a damn.
The alternative is to have food delivered, but there are no slots.
I have been through turmoil about so many things to do with this overreaction to a virus that I just haven't got much fight left.
I tried, I sensibly argued, I shouted back at people, I explained but to no avail. I literally haven't got enough energy thanks to my M.E.
So I will wear these useless pieces of visible oppression, but at least they are black. If this becomes a forever situation I will invest in more rude or scary face coverings. That's all I can do now.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Four Walmarts within 5 miles radius of my place. All have required masks since late March.

Masks should be required 365 days a year in one of them, if you get my drift.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I work at walmart until sound gigs start back up. They have hired outside security to enforce the mask mandate decreed by dictator cuomo.

link   
Wally World can kiss off. They don’t need my folding money.

link   

Well, at least Walmart also offers curbside pickup and delivery... So customers do have some options. It's much better than places with no options.

I suspect this is purely for liability purposes. At some point, businesses have to take potential lawsuits into account as well. And with the face mask crazy going around, yeah, I see potential lawsuits coming.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

i heard a vaccine is going into the final phase of clinical trials... they have to make sure everyone is used to being denied service for not complying with their masters' orders. that way "no vaccine, no service" will be accepted easier.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The article said 65% already had states that require masks so it's not a big surprise.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

The article said 65% already had states that require masks so it's not a big surprise.

Those who don't like it, can go to Meyers or Target in the states that don't require Mask wearing.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Governor Half Whitmer made it mandatory to wear masks in any business on Monday here in Michigan.
I don’t agree with it but I will comply for now.

Yep. Then we got that ridiculous "extreme emergency" alert (EAS) on our phones Monday to remind us that the order is in effect. That pissed me off so I reported it to the FCC. They of course said it's the carrier's responsibility to broadcast messages by government agencies following FCC rules. So Verizon will be getting the same message. Not that it will matter, they all ignore us.

Our WalMart went full-on masks required last week. Menards did some time ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wal-Mart took a knee and will now require masks.

www.cnn.com...

"About 65% of Walmart's more than 5,000 stores, including its Sam's Club locations, are located in areas where there is a government mandate on face coverings."

"To help bring consistency across stores and clubs, we will require all shoppers to wear a face covering starting Monday, July 20," Walmart US chief operating officer Dacona Smith and Sam's Club chief operating officer Lance De La Rosa said in a blog post Wednesday. "

I didnt see that one coming or at least not yet.

Thoughts?

I'm just going to refuse and inform anyone who tries to stop me of two things...

1. I have a medical condition that precludes me from wearing anything that restricts my breathing.

They cannot question this, as it would be a violation of HIPPA...

2. Georgia State Law makes it a misdemeanor to wear a face mask.

Most States have similar laws... check yours...

Next?
edit on 15-7-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Walmart is government run, taking in so much welfare money. Nobody cares about welfare people. Wear it, don't wear it. Who cares.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I have been through turmoil about so many things to do with this overreaction to a virus that I just haven't got much fight left.

That's exactly what they wanted.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Well it is illegal to wear a mask hiding your identity if you are carrying a concealed firearm.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Who cares. I'd rather do without than go to walmart or Sams.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Local grocery has a kid telling you to wear a mask at the door. Has a radio to call the in the enforcers if they refuse. I told him he should hire Santa a local biker to make people obey.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

That Georgis law does not apply to medical use masks. You still have the first one.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

In my area people are still not complying. They just say they can't for medical reasons and you can't ask them what kind of medical reason because of the HIP Law.
edit on 15-7-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join