It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat run states banned a drug that AASP says saves lives of people with COVID 19

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: Byrd

So... I don't assume I know more than any given physician or lawyer or professional repair person, etc, etc. I find that I save a lot of time and money and mistakes if I follow the recommendation the the experts give me.

Byrd, I'd be dead if I had trusted them that much. I have ran into really apathetic, ignorant physicians. For example, people who can't be bothered to look at your chart, choose a drug that's been proven to be ineffective (MDR), order invasive exams and procedures when other physicians respond with concern and sometimes flatout refusal to the proposals, etc.

I've ran into others who have saved my life. However, I swear that one has to go through about a dozen to find even one who is really on top of their game. Truly caveat emptor.

I'm a transplant recipient (first one in 1990). Have had to deal with them more than alot of people.

You are correct about trusting a Doctor blindly. That is exactly why I am seriously ill right now, but will get better.

My Family Practice doctor told me my ongoing problem was anxiety and he upped my anxiety meds and was getting ready to send me to a psychiatrist. That was until I landed in the hospital for 6 days with a health issue that was life threatening (not anxiety) that directly caused 2 other severe issues because the first issue was left untreated. He felt really really bad about it and could barely look me in the face on my last visit. I am now going to have to have a serious operation that does not have the kind of success rate that others have demanded before they take hydroxychloroquine. But it's that operation without a great success rate or possible sudden death from the issue he diagnosed as anxiety.

If I will take that risk with an operation that has a far greater success rate than death rate, but does have a higher death rate than the average operation - you bet if I catch COVID 19 I'll go where ever I have to in order to get hydroxychloroquine which has a far greater success rate than death rate.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

So... I don't assume I know more than any given physician or lawyer or professional repair person, etc, etc. I find that I save a lot of time and money and mistakes if I follow the recommendation the the experts give me.

Byrd, I'd be dead if I had trusted them that much. I have ran into really apathetic, ignorant physicians. For example, people who can't be bothered to look at your chart, choose a drug that's been proven to be ineffective (MDR), order invasive exams and procedures when other physicians respond with concern and sometimes flatout refusal to the proposals, etc.

I've ran into others who have saved my life. However, I swear that one has to go through about a dozen to find even one who is really on top of their game. Truly caveat emptor.

I'm a transplant recipient (first one in 1990). Have had to deal with them more than alot of people.

You are correct about trusting a Doctor blindly. That is exactly why I am seriously ill right now, but will get better.

My Family Practice doctor told me my ongoing problem was anxiety and he upped my anxiety meds and was getting ready to send me to a psychiatrist. That was until I landed in the hospital for 6 days with a health issue that was life threatening (not anxiety) that directly caused 2 other severe issues because the first issue was left untreated. He felt really really bad about it and could barely look me in the face on my last visit. I am now going to have to have a serious operation that does not have the kind of success rate that others have demanded before they take hydroxychloroquine. But it's that operation without a great success rate or possible sudden death from the issue he diagnosed as anxiety.

If I will take that risk with an operation that has a far greater success rate than death rate, but does have a higher death rate than the average operation - you bet if I catch COVID 19 I'll go where ever I have to in order to get hydroxychloroquine which has a far greater success rate than death rate.

All banter and back and forth aside, I do wish you a speedy recovery and hope all goes well for you. I’ve seen first hand what mis-prescribed drugs can do to someone as Dr’s used my mother as a guinea pig in the mid-90’s when anti-anxiety/depression meds started booming. We no longer talk due to her being so far detached from reality that she became a threat to the safety of myself and my wife. In fact, a situation just popped up last week that made me double down on this and increase security measures in regards to my home and workplace, as well as doubling checking Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

My Doctor should be interested in following my wishes no mater if my wishes are politically, scientifically or even religiously based.

My wishes are that my doc prescribe me as much opiates as I feel that I need.

Why wont they do that?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Why wont they do that?

You're not doctor-shopping properly.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

And you didn't change doctors? Ask friends for recommendations?

Yes, there are bad physicians out there, just as there are bad pilots, bad truck drivers, bad mechanics, bad ... everything.

You know, I've had the same experience with car mechanics, with computer repair folks and every other profession on the planet... I would bet this is true for you, too.

You have a very complex medical history and a lot of complex drugs. My husband is in a similar situation, and you can bet that I show up with charts and printouts and lists of possible medicine conflicts when I talk to them or to a new doc (he has Parkinson's on top of a lot of other medical conditions. And it is sometimes hard to get a male physician to listen to a woman.)

HOWEVER... I'm not going to try treatments on him that are not recommended and not coordinated by his physicians. If I feel something is wrong (now he's having blood pressure issues) I work it through with all the doctors. I make note of advice from caregiver groups that I interact with (lots of good stuff there) but I don't rely on the meds used for their Parkinson's to work on my husband's complex case.

If he gets Covid (please, NO! I'm taking ll the precautions we can) I will get all the physicians involved and will make sure the treatment is in alignment with his current meds and everything else. I'm not going to blindly ask for whatever drug has been promoted as "the best" by people who have never seen my husband or dealt with his medical issue.

(whew. Long and ranty, I guess, but things are getting a lot worse here in Texas.)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

All banter and back and forth aside, I do wish you a speedy recovery and hope all goes well for you. I’ve seen first hand what mis-prescribed drugs can do to someone as Dr’s used my mother as a guinea pig in the mid-90’s when anti-anxiety/depression meds started booming. We no longer talk due to her being so far detached from reality that she became a threat to the safety of myself and my wife. In fact, a situation just popped up last week that made me double down on this and increase security measures in regards to my home and workplace, as well as doubling checking Florida’s Stand Your Ground law.

Sorry about your Mom and thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I'm not going to blindly ask for whatever drug has been promoted as "the best" by people who have never seen my husband or dealt with his medical issue.

Same here.
My mother has complex medical issues and meds as well. We are here in florida. lucky for the two of us we both work at home.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a beautiful attempt to “discredit” the source as some type of zealot. This thing called objectivity seems to be more and more rare... a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
What a beautiful attempt to “discredit” the source as some type of zealot.

They are zealots. You don't like it? Tough.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My Doctor should be interested in following my wishes no mater if my wishes are politically, scientifically or even religiously based.

Why wont they do that?

Because they make you feel good, and thats bad!! The worse think about opiate addiction is running out. Addicts with supply, and something to do in life, can function ok.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Why wont they do that?

Sorry, bro, Florida ruined it for everyone.

Jumping on vonclod’s post about functional addicts, there’s 100% truth behind that. During the days when Florida was pill mill capitol I was ingesting a LOT of pills for a good 2-3 years. Being in the music and restaurant business I was surrounded by drug users and have only known a couple of people who ended up losing everything as a result of their use. My own use, somehow I avoided mental addiction and only dealt with physical withdrawals. Started with the usuals, percs, vics, lorecets, whatever was around and ended with methadone, which I was getting handfuls of for free. That whole time I never missed a day of work, a studio session, a gig or an important meeting. I only stopped because I could tell I was teetering on the edge of full blown addiction and it wasn’t something I was interested in. One week of feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck and it was all done with.

I’m all set with that stuff these days. Between research chemicals and fentanyl, I’m ALL SET. My wife’s graduating class (South Shore, Massachusetts) is losing someone like clockwork, 1 every 2-3 months and has been for the last 5-6 years. They all started with prescription pills and turned to heroin when it got harder/too expensive to keep up with the pills. Fentanyl is dropping them like flies. You’d think we’d have a bigger drug problem here in Florida after the pill mills, but it’s certainly not the case. We just have tons of rehab centers around for people to fly out of state and enjoy our weather while getting sober.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Why wont they do that?

Sorry, bro, Florida ruined it for everyone.

Jumping on vonclod’s post about functional addicts, there’s 100% truth behind that. During the days when Florida was pill mill capitol I was ingesting a LOT of pills for a good 2-3 years. Being in the music and restaurant business I was surrounded by drug users and have only known a couple of people who ended up losing everything as a result of their use. My own use, somehow I avoided mental addiction and only dealt with physical withdrawals. Started with the usuals, percs, vics, lorecets, whatever was around and ended with methadone, which I was getting handfuls of for free. That whole time I never missed a day of work, a studio session, a gig or an important meeting. I only stopped because I could tell I was teetering on the edge of full blown addiction and it wasn’t something I was interested in. One week of feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck and it was all done with.

I’m all set with that stuff these days. Between research chemicals and fentanyl, I’m ALL SET. My wife’s graduating class (South Shore, Massachusetts) is losing someone like clockwork, 1 every 2-3 months and has been for the last 5-6 years. They all started with prescription pills and turned to heroin when it got harder/too expensive to keep up with the pills. Fentanyl is dropping them like flies. You’d think we’d have a bigger drug problem here in Florida after the pill mills, but it’s certainly not the case. We just have tons of rehab centers around for people to fly out of state and enjoy our weather while getting sober.

I was an addict about 20 years back, I certainly do not recommend it. The reality was though, if I had what I needed, I went to work..close to full time, and cared for my quadriplegic wife, to boot.

With the amount of Fent on the streets..I sure would not want to be taking my chances these days. With our roughly 3 mill population, we run over a hundred od deaths a month here.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

And you didn't change doctors? Ask friends for recommendations?

Yes, there are bad physicians out there, just as there are bad pilots, bad truck drivers, bad mechanics, bad ... everything.

You know, I've had the same experience with car mechanics, with computer repair folks and every other profession on the planet... I would bet this is true for you, too.

You have a very complex medical history and a lot of complex drugs. My husband is in a similar situation, and you can bet that I show up with charts and printouts and lists of possible medicine conflicts when I talk to them or to a new doc (he has Parkinson's on top of a lot of other medical conditions. And it is sometimes hard to get a male physician to listen to a woman.)

HOWEVER... I'm not going to try treatments on him that are not recommended and not coordinated by his physicians. If I feel something is wrong (now he's having blood pressure issues) I work it through with all the doctors. I make note of advice from caregiver groups that I interact with (lots of good stuff there) but I don't rely on the meds used for their Parkinson's to work on my husband's complex case.

If he gets Covid (please, NO! I'm taking ll the precautions we can) I will get all the physicians involved and will make sure the treatment is in alignment with his current meds and everything else. I'm not going to blindly ask for whatever drug has been promoted as "the best" by people who have never seen my husband or dealt with his medical issue.

(whew. Long and ranty, I guess, but things are getting a lot worse here in Texas.)

I hope you both pull through this okay.

I think burned out physicians = bad physicians....and the burnout rate is pretty high for this profession. I have had to go through many more physicians to find good ones than I've ever had to do with any other profession.

www.ama-assn.org...

edit on 16-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I am really sorry that happened to you. I hope that if you have the operation, it goes well and you recover quickly!

Where would we go to get hydroxychloroquine, however? Are you in the States?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I am really sorry that happened to you. I hope that if you have the operation, it goes well and you recover quickly!

Where would we go to get hydroxychloroquine, however? Are you in the States?

Thank you

I don't know but I'd sure find out as quickly as possible. Yes I'm in the states.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree although I do try to avoid suppositories . 😬

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I'm 100% pro-choice on pretty much everything.

Want to get an abortion? Get one. Want to ingest chemicals? Knock yourself out.

So you're in favor of me not being forced to wear a mask. Gee, thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
So you're in favor of me not being forced to wear a mask. Gee, thanks.

In public? Yeah. But your genius ass is referring to Walmart, right? Not public, so suck it up when you go for your industrial size container of trailer trash mix.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Except covid doesn't kill you - I've spoken with over 10,000 people, including insurance executives, doctors, nurses and hospital administrators in 4 states in the last 5 months and have only heard 5 personal stories of covid deaths - 1 was a brain tumor + covid and 4 suffered from Pneumonia over 70 + covid.
edit on 18-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join