It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat run states banned a drug that AASP says saves lives of people with COVID 19

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer
Hope this place is still around by then..should be interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which explains your unfamiliarity with the topics .

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Which explains your unfamiliarity with the topics .

More like my ambivalence.

Be sure to drink your oval'quine.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Would you rather the doc put you on a drug that had a 13% death rate or the drug that had a zero death rate?

I would rather my Doctor and I to be able to use what ever drug we think is best for me individually rather than what some bureaucrat 100s of miles away and whom I've never met thinks what is best for me.

I guess I just like freedom more than I do Science and Life.... which I do like very very much ... just not as much as freedom.

You do know, don't you, that the doc is going to go with whatever the research says, because that's what they're trained to do. So no matter what the politics of the state are, the docs who have been keeping up with the studies are not going to use HCL. And they'll probably protest if you request it.

So you agree than; States don't need to be regulating the use and distribution of HCL.

I think that both they and the Federal government should oversee and regulate the use of pharmaceuticals. And I think they need to agree on a policy. This patchwork bit is causing a lot of problems. Other nations have an overall national policy, and I'm for that.

My Doctor should be interested in following my wishes no mater if my wishes are politically, scientifically or even religiously based.

That would be a violation of medical principles; of the Hippocratic Oath. For instance, you're not going to find physicians supportive of treating a diabetic child with herbal remedies or with prayer. So, no, they will generally try to work with you but they're not going to let your dictate their prescriptions.

When did people start to so blindly follow what people in a position of authority tells them? It would be foolish to disregard what the authority figure informs you about; but it is equally foolish to blindly follow what they have to say.

I generally go along with whatever someone who's an expert (based on years of study and so forth) say. So when the auto mechanic says my car needs a master cylinder, I don't try to tell him that he should replace the air filter instead. If I think he may be over-selling me, I'll take the car to another ship. If the air conditioner repair person tells me the system isn't cooling because it's got a cracked coil, I listen to him.

So... I don't assume I know more than any given physician or lawyer or professional repair person, etc, etc. I find that I save a lot of time and money and mistakes if I follow the recommendation the the experts give me.

So... I'd bet that even if you lived in a "prescribe everything" zone, that you might that there are a number of things your physician won't prescribe for you, no matter how much you might want them.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well then tell me what your exact feelings are on effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine .

Were the clinical trials done fairly and represented honestly ?

Has the media coverage been honest ?

We already know you don’t care who takes it that position is settled .

Let’s expand your input with one simple word .

Why?

Do you have a reason or does the topic go beyond your humorous, entertaining and enjoyable 110% cynical attitude ?

Which causes you to step it up a notch to full-blown Catastrophizing ?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So, can a doctor prescribe this? easy question, that will determine the validity of this thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer.

Instead of asking that stupid question why didn't you look up the answer for yourself and post it.
You just enjoy injecting needless criticism to stir the pot.
edit on 15-7-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Needless off-topic BS....
edit on 15-7-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
So, can a doctor prescribe this? easy question, that will determine the validity of this thread.

Yes, certainly. They would prescribe it as appropriate... though perhaps not for Covid-19. Just as they can prescribe an opioid... but they're not going to prescribe one for a case of measles.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
the law was put into place to STOP it's use for COVID 19 patients.

And we all are quite clear that the laws were enacted because President Trump said the drug worked.

Maybe. But my strong hunch is that it's primarily to protect pharmaceutical profits.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

So... I don't assume I know more than any given physician or lawyer or professional repair person, etc, etc. I find that I save a lot of time and money and mistakes if I follow the recommendation the the experts give me.

Byrd, I'd be dead if I had trusted them that much. I have ran into really apathetic, ignorant physicians. For example, people who can't be bothered to look at your chart, choose a drug that's been proven to be ineffective (MDR), order invasive exams and procedures when other physicians respond with concern and sometimes flatout refusal to the proposals, etc.

I've ran into others who have saved my life. However, I swear that one has to go through about a dozen to find even one who is really on top of their game. Truly caveat emptor.

I'm a transplant recipient (first one in 1990). Have had to deal with them more than alot of people.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Well then tell me what your exact feelings are on effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine .

Why do you want my opinion? I'm some guy on the internet without a medical degree. You want me to give you investment advice next?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Instead of asking that stupid question why didn't you look up the answer for yourself and post it.

Guess what, Chuckles? I did, since the Original Poster was too lazy. And guess what else? They ended up changing their Original Post because a bunch of wacko creationist doctors aren't exactly a good source.

Thank me very much. PM me for the address you can send a fruit basket to.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I value your input why don’t you think more highly of yourself ?

I’m good with that by low sell high . Lol

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I value your input why don’t you think more highly of yourself ?

My medical opinion is take a lot of it daily.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I've heard from good authority that rectal injection is the most effective way to use / treat the virus.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

My next step is to proscribe 'quine boofing.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Just as they can prescribe an opioid... but they're not going to prescribe one for a case of measles.

Missing the good old days where a bottle of Laudanum fixed everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlesT

Guess what, Chuckles? I did, since the Original Poster was too lazy. And guess what else? They ended up changing their Original Post because a bunch of wacko creationist doctors aren't exactly a good source.

Thank me very much. PM me for the address you can send a fruit basket to.

What did you find on their site that supported your assertion? All I found were articles that opposed government-mandated vaccinations and nothing at all about creationism guiding their policies. What I did find was a lot of articles declaring that government needs to stay out of the doctor/patient relationship, which leads to the OP that it should be the doctor's opinion if hydroxyclroquine would be beneficial to their patient or not.

I did do a search for "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons" creationism and came up with some dead-end links supposedly routed through reddit and amateur science blogs, and I did find a wikipedia article listing a single member as a creationist.

On their mission statement page I found no mention of God, creation, evolution, or Christian.

But by all means, please show us what you found. Show us where they are a bunch of 'wacko creationist doctors'

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Linked it already. It was in their dog s*** 'medical journal'.

edit on 16-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join