It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat run states banned a drug that AASP says saves lives of people with COVID 19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Byrd

Yet, because of their hatred of President Trump and for no other reason at all Democratic run states have banned physicians from prescribing the drug for COVID 19 and they have enacted penalties for physicians who prescribe it and pharmacists who dispense the drug for that use. How many lives could have been saved if it were not for hatred driven policies?

Perhaps you should look at the scientific papers?

The article you quote cites this study from the Ford Hospital System, which reported a death rate from HCQ+AZT of 20% (here's the study: www.ijidonline.com...(20)30534-8/fulltext) and a death rate from HCQ alone of 13% (half the number of deaths from UN-treated patients). Now, compare 13% deaths to ZERO deaths with the same type of patient (larger study) with Biocom's itolizumab (source: finance.yahoo.com...)

Would you rather the doc put you on a drug that had a 13% death rate or the drug that had a zero death rate?

The issue is that it is less effective than other treatments, as has been proved. It is better than NO treatment, but not as good as other drugs. I notice you don't even consider other drugs in clinical trials-- like remdisivir, which has a far lower death rate (8%) than hydroxychloroquine (source: www.nih.gov...)

So if you're a doc and treating patients, would you rather give them a medication where only 87% of your patients live or the one where 92% live or the one where 100% live?

If you go with something that kills more patients, then you're not using science... you're using politics or another emotional factor to guide your answer.

I'd rather be allowed to choose what drug to use with my MD. Actually for me I WANT to be put on it immediately if I catch COVID 19 because I am ill right now and high risk. My risk of dying from COVID 19 is quite high. But due to the Democrats I will be denied that freedom and have a much greater risk of dying from the disease than the drug.

When I finally recover from my illness, I will go back to taking care of my grandchildren while my daughter works, I'll go back to volunteering at the homeless shelter, I'll go back to volunteering at the womens drug rehab center. But who cares really, certainly not those who would deny me a drug that has a better chance of saving my life than the virus does of ending it.

But Democrats don't want me or my physician to have that choice because they hate Trump. They would rather let me die to spite Trump. We all know that is the real reason, I'm shocked that anyone would believe otherwise as the evidence is quite clear. They will do absolutely anything to destroy Trump, anything at all.

I read all that, but all I got from it was “Does not computer. Internal CPU not programmed to receive information against popular conservative talking points. System reboot activated. ConservativeParrot.exe initialized. System online. Reeee. Reeee. Reeee.”

(Don’t worry, I give sh!t to Dems too, there just aren’t as many on ATS)
edit on 15-7-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I heard 1,000,000 tiny violins playing when I read that.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Would you rather the doc put you on a drug that had a 13% death rate or the drug that had a zero death rate?

I would rather my Doctor and I to be able to use what ever drug we think is best for me individually rather than what some bureaucrat 100s of miles away and whom I've never met thinks what is best for me.

I guess I just like freedom more than I do Science and Life.... which I do like very very much ... just not as much as freedom.

You do know, don't you, that the doc is going to go with whatever the research says, because that's what they're trained to do. So no matter what the politics of the state are, the docs who have been keeping up with the studies are not going to use HCL. And they'll probably protest if you request it.

So you agree than; States don't need to be regulating the use and distribution of HCL.

And since they don't need to be regulating in this manner; than it probably is a over reach in power for them to be doing so.

Your doctors are more interested in you living than they are in your idea of freedom (in part because they don't want to be sued for medical malpractice.)

My Doctor should be interested in following my wishes no mater if my wishes are politically, scientifically or even religiously based.

If I where to believe my Doctor was not interested in following my wishes (s)he wouldn't be my Doctor for very long.

My Doctor provides me recommendations; it is my choice to follow the recommendations or not. It is their job to carry out my decisions.

When did people start to so blindly follow what people in a position of authority tells them? It would be foolish to disregard what the authority figure informs you about; but it is equally foolish to blindly follow what they have to say.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Didn’t they put that law into place to stop doctors from hoarding it for themselves?

Before I get called a democrat or libtard, again, I think both the D’s and R’s are corrupt and there isn’t a politician on this planet that I trust.

Yes, then Gretchen removed that ban after receiving a lot of backlash. The Henry Ford Hospital study was peer reviewed and there's no reason to poo-poo it by the crowd that hates to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Of course the Ph(D)emocrats have agendas that include total chaos and financial breakdowns 😎

Also, Rouge officials at the CDC have enabled the ability to pump up Covid-19 death counts as high as possible. We've all seen the directive to hospitals and coroners.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you won't believe Yale or the Henry Ford foundation.

Your histrionics have obviously affected your cognitive abilities, I already told you I don't care if the drug works or not, I just want to know if you're citing a group that promotes creationism and anti-vaxxing.

You tell me with proof please. You are the one claiming this so you prove it and I don't think their stances on those subject, even if you are correct, which you must prove as it is your assertion, invalidate the Yale Study, the Henry Ford Foundation, the India study or any of the other studies cited.

Your bias has obviously affected your cognitive abilities when you find a study that sites Yale, The Henry Ford Foundation and a major study done in India to be worthless if citied by people you loathe for whatever reason. You are trying to say the article is totally worthless because you don't like the messenger and so throw away all the research from Yale, etc because you hate the messenger? That's true intellectualism, isn't it?

This is no different than anything people on the right do with people on the left. Literally, no difference. If someone on the left puts out a report it’s automatically discredited by the right because of where it came from.

We live in an age where information is openly used against us. Those who buy into that information on either side, just because it’s going against their opposition, are allowing it to continue simply because it’s backing your side.

This crap, from both sides, is just splitting America apart, which is as un-American as you can get.

There is a difference in Augusta’s current narrative .

You can’t use the beliefs of one group to discredit the findings of many other groups .

There’s a term for what he’s doing it’s called “ Nutpicking”.

It’s when you pull one crackpot out of a group of people and represent them as the entire group .
edit on 15-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
There’s a term for what he’s doing it’s called “ Nutpicking".

Do you mean 'nitpicking'? I don't pick my own nuts, it's disgusting, that's why I have a personal assistant.

Oh, and once again, I don't really care if the drug is safe or not, I have no concern one way or the other in the studies. Take it if you want, chug it like it was Natty Ice.

edit on 15-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yet, because of their hatred of President Trump and for no other reason at all Democratic run states have banned physicians from prescribing the drug for COVID 19 and they have enacted penalties for physicians who prescribe it and pharmacists who dispense the drug for that use.

It's not just about hatred of trump. It's the ignorance of those who are pushing beliefs that are completely false.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No I’m quite certain about my terminology .

Nutpicking is the fallacious tactic of picking out and showcasing the nuttiest member(s) of a group as the best representative(s) of that group — hence, "picking the nut".
This fallacy is committed when an arguer cherry picks a poor representative of a group to use as an ad hominem against them.

After all as fallacies go you are certainly the king ! Lol

NUTPICKING

Personally I do care whether people live or die unfairly .

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Every drug that has proven to be effective has been attacked....this is because covid =cancer and they know it very well....once the cure for and truth about covid/cancer are full blown mainstream knowledge this entire game is OVER.

There is only one TRUTH.....just one....no room for fence sitters.The People who lie about test results need to be Jailed.....their supporters online who bang their drums also need to be remediated.

There is no debate.....the remedies either work or they do not work.

There is zero room for debate only room for truth or lies which are criminal actions.

There cannot be 2 opposing Scientific views....simple...one is lieing one needs to be remediated and disenfranchised completely with predjudice.

The bug dies or the bug does not die.

If you want to stick a fork in it.....just research Pleomorphic Bacteria and jam it up their Tailpipes....it shuts em all up fast....including the 2 arse-Clowns stalking your thread right now .....they DO NOT WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY LEVELS OF DISCOVERY.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Yet, because of their hatred of President Trump and for no other reason at all Democratic run states have banned physicians from prescribing the drug for COVID 19 and they have enacted penalties for physicians who prescribe it and pharmacists who dispense the drug for that use.

It's not just about hatred of trump. It's the ignorance of those who are pushing beliefs that are completely false.

Actually.....I hate to burst this huge bubble of skewed dissonance .....but.....it has to happen now......this is about ....wait for it......

CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

If you use Political and Fiscal and Criminal and Bastardized Legal and CORRUPT msm AND WEAPONISED oNLINE INFLUENCES AND other nefarious methodologies to UNDERMINE DISTORT DISTRACT DISILLUSION OR DISENFRANCHISE the TRUTH.....about a remedy for Covid OR ANY MALADY OR ILLNESS....you are GUILTY of committing or participating in or enabeling CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

There is zero middle-ground here.

If the drug kills the bug it kills the bug.

If the drug kills the Bug ----- but you or your cohorts say it DOESNT or we are NOT SURE then you are committing crimes against Humanity.

You arent holding an opposing opinion or view....you are flat out lieing....you arent supporting conflicting scientific data or findings whatsoever...There are NOT 2 SCHOOLS OF DATA.......the Bug dies or it does NOT DIE.

OneTruth4All......nothing else will do.

In the olde days Pre-Trump no one could sue Politicians or Governers or others who made weaponized oppositionally defiant decisions....maybe this has changed....because you see....its IMPOSSIBLE....for States to have different truths regarding anything concerning a remediation for a Global Pandemic...not possible....there is ONLY ONE TRUTH.

This is not a Political debate but State Governers opposing Trump are treating it like that.....this is a Global Pandemic and State managers have an obligation to not project their Political preferences via distorting reality to suit themselves,playing the I will do what I want and know is wrong and you may sue me if you can Card....

The drug kills the Bug or it does not...no middleground.....because the Opposition by Proxy is actioning Humanitarian Terrorism.....you see there is NO OPTION for any State to come up with oppositional findings when a drug kills the Bug....no wiggle room no Window of Opportunity to muddy the Waters.

And it they do they have commited a crime against Humanity within the legal purview of America.

Identifying a cure or remedy for a Global Pandemic is not a debate it is a fact finding Mission that culminates in ONE SINGLE TRUTH.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Trump Administration took action this morning to reduce the power of the CDC in reporting covid-19 data.

The CDC was blindly accepting huge covid-19 numbers that did not make sense, such as those coming from some hospitals and testing centers in Florida this week.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No I’m quite certain about my terminology .

Well, that's a new one that I plan on using moving forward however it wouldn't have applied to the Original Post as it was written prior to editing, it only had the nutty source as the sole option.

Personally I do care whether people live or die unfairly .

Then chug some 'quine with your malt beverage of choice, I'm not stopping you.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yet, because of their hatred of President Trump and for no other reason at all Democratic run states have banned physicians from prescribing the drug for COVID 19 and they have enacted penalties for physicians who prescribe it and pharmacists who dispense the drug for that use. How many lives could have been saved if it were not for hatred driven policies?

The article you quote cites this study from the Ford Hospital System, which reported a death rate from HCQ+AZT of 20% (here's the study: www.ijidonline.com...(20)30534-8/fulltext) and a death rate from HCQ alone of 13% (half the number of deaths from UN-treated patients). Now, compare 13% deaths to ZERO deaths with the same type of patient (larger study) with Biocom's itolizumab (source: finance.yahoo.com...)

The issue is that it is less effective than other treatments, as has been proved. It is better than NO treatment, but not as good as other drugs. I notice you don't even consider other drugs in clinical trials-- like remdisivir, which has a far lower death rate (8%) than hydroxychloroquine (source: www.nih.gov...)

So if you're a doc and treating patients, would you rather give them a medication where only 87% of your patients live or the one where 92% live or the one where 100% live?

If you go with something that kills more patients, then you're not using science... you're using politics or another emotional factor to guide your answer.

I'd rather be allowed to choose what drug to use with my MD. Actually for me I WANT to be put on it immediately if I catch COVID 19 because I am ill right now and high risk. My risk of dying from COVID 19 is quite high. But due to the Democrats I will be denied that freedom and have a much greater risk of dying from the disease than the drug.

When I finally recover from my illness, I will go back to taking care of my grandchildren while my daughter works, I'll go back to volunteering at the homeless shelter, I'll go back to volunteering at the womens drug rehab center. But who cares really, certainly not those who would deny me a drug that has a better chance of saving my life than the virus does of ending it.

But Democrats don't want me or my physician to have that choice because they hate Trump. They would rather let me die to spite Trump. We all know that is the real reason, I'm shocked that anyone would believe otherwise as the evidence is quite clear. They will do absolutely anything to destroy Trump, anything at all.

I don't believe that any state has or has tried to ban Chloroquine outright or any other FDA approved drug, for that matter. That would run up against the supremacy clause of the Constitution.

However, some states have passed regulations restricting the prescribing of Chloroquine unless you have some disease it is being prescribed for--whether that's COVID-19, Malaria, Lupus, or whatever. In other words, you can't get a prescription for the stuff to PREVENT you from getting COVID-19 in those states. By the way, those states include the Republican-run states of Ohio, Missouri, Texas, and Idaho. The purpose of those regulations is to prevent people hoarding or stockpiling it, which could prevent people who actually have a disease from obtaining the medication. There is even less reason to believe that Chloroquine can prevent COVID-19 than there is that it can cure it:

www.nejm.org...

Chloroquine can still be prescribed by your doctor off-label for COVID-19, if you test positive for the disease. You still have that choice. No Democrat or Republican has removed that option if you want it and can convince your doctor to prescribe it.

Personally, however, I think you would be an idiot to choose Chloroquine over Remdesivir, if you were actually diagnosed with COVID-1.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

I don't believe that any state has or has tried to ban Chloroquine outright or any other FDA approved drug, for that matter. That would run up against the supremacy clause of the Constitution.

However, some states have passed regulations restricting the prescribing of Chloroquine unless you have some disease it is being prescribed for--whether that's COVID-19, Malaria, Lupus, or whatever. In other words, you can't get a prescription for the stuff to PREVENT you from getting COVID-19 in those states. By the way, those states include the Republican-run states of Ohio, Missouri, Texas, and Idaho. The purpose of those regulations is to prevent people hoarding or stockpiling it, which could prevent people who actually have a disease from obtaining the medication. There is even less reason to believe that Chloroquine can prevent COVID-19 than there is that it can cure it:

www.nejm.org...

Chloroquine can still be prescribed by your doctor off-label for COVID-19, if you test positive for the disease. You still have that choice. No Democrat or Republican has removed that option if you want it and can convince your doctor to prescribe it.

Personally, however, I think you would be an idiot to choose Chloroquine over Remdesivir, if you were actually diagnosed with COVID-1.

I brought that up earlier in the thread (it was put in place to prevent hoarding) but nope, apparently it’s just Democrats hating Trump.

Thought this was old news anyway, wasn’t that restriction put into place months ago?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

...but nope, apparently it’s just Democrats hating Trump.

What do you expect from the Original Poster? They registered less than a year ago and are good for one of these garbage-y threads a week.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, a "doctor" cannot prescribe it?

I don't believe that

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, that's a new one that I plan on using moving forward however it wouldn't have applied to the Original Post as it was written prior to editing,

now I understand you must’ve missed thread after thread including several by me coming to the same conclusions as the OP.

I would’ve figured you would’ve been more up-to-date .

Just got by huh ?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

now I understand you must’ve missed thread after thread including several by me coming to the same conclusions as the OP.

Yeah, I typically don't read your threads.

(post by Drucifer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join