It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat run states banned a drug that AASP says saves lives of people with COVID 19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
So if you're a doc and treating patients, would you rather give them a medication where only 87% of your patients live or the one where 92% live or the one where 100% live?

Math is hard.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
it's interesting that the "pro-choice" party is so "anti-choice" in regards to so many topics.

By "interesting" what I really mean is "no surprise"

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
it's interesting that the "pro-choice" party is so "anti-choice" in regards to so many topics.

I'm 100% pro-choice on pretty much everything.

Want to get an abortion? Get one. Want to ingest chemicals? Knock yourself out.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Would you rather the doc put you on a drug that had a 13% death rate or the drug that had a zero death rate?

I would rather my Doctor and I to be able to use what ever drug we think is best for me individually rather than what some bureaucrat 100s of miles away and whom I've never met thinks what is best for me.

I guess I just like freedom more than I do Science and Life.... which I do like very very much ... just not as much as freedom.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm 100% pro-choice on pretty much everything.

Want to get an abortion? Get one. Want to ingest chemicals? Knock yourself out.

Good we need more people like you.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Instead you have partisan propagandists spreading hysteric nonsense.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
originally posted by: [post=25303719]AugustusMasonicus

Wow, you are one confused boomer. Once more, since it isn't making it through your Miracle Ear, I don't care if the studies are correct. I don't care if you take the drug. I don't care if it keeps you alive or it kills you. Is this getting through?

Yep thanks for the confirmation that you don't care if it kills people not to get the drug.

edit on 7/15/20 by The2Billies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

That is one of the many costs of freedom

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yep Yale spreads partisan propaganda, so does the Henry Ford Foundation, don't forget Johns Hopkins and the Journal of Virology.

This is all just a bunch of right wing propaganda that the drug saves lives and Democrat run states have forbidden it's use. Right.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So if you're a doc and treating patients, would you rather give them a medication where only 87% of your patients live or the one where 92% live or the one where 100% live?

Math is hard.

Yes. I know.

Of course, to get away from a political bias, they could also check results from other countries (where available in English. Medical Stuff is hard enough to read in English, but impossible in other languages if you're not really fluent.)

I found this article from great Britain that reviews some clinical trials and is dated to last month. They review stuff that is reported elsewhere as working; they also report on large studies that indicate HCQ isn't (as I said) terribly effective.

...which people with a political dog in the fight might not like to hear. Article from The Guardian

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Byrd did the reading work for you regarding the studies (I know, reading is hard, not enough remedial classes for adults, amirite?)

It's not a golden drug, it offs WAY more patients than Covid does. Pick your poison indeed here.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
Yep thanks for the confirmation that you don't care if it kills people not to get the drug.

You're good for a daily reeeeeeeeeeeeeee, that's for sure.

But I do care, I care a lot if say, you die. Who would make me laugh with silly comments if you dropped dead from not ingesting your preferred chemical of choice?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Would you rather the doc put you on a drug that had a 13% death rate or the drug that had a zero death rate?

I would rather my Doctor and I to be able to use what ever drug we think is best for me individually rather than what some bureaucrat 100s of miles away and whom I've never met thinks what is best for me.

I guess I just like freedom more than I do Science and Life.... which I do like very very much ... just not as much as freedom.

You do know, don't you, that the doc is going to go with whatever the research says, because that's what they're trained to do. So no matter what the politics of the state are, the docs who have been keeping up with the studies are not going to use HCL. And they'll probably protest if you request it.

Your doctors are more interested in you living than they are in your idea of freedom (in part because they don't want to be sued for medical malpractice.)

edit on 15-7-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Yep Yale spreads partisan propaganda, so does the Henry Ford Foundation, don't forget Johns Hopkins and the Journal of Virology.

That was more targeted at you since you're good for a bunch of whiny simp conservative threads every day.

This is all just a bunch of right wing propaganda that the drug saves lives and Democrat run states have forbidden it's use. Right.

Once more, Miracle Ear, if the drug works or doesn't work is not of concern to me, take it regardless. As a matter of fact, take it anyway in copious quantities.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
While we can all debate the veracity of the organizations and foundations cited in the OP, we cant refute the OP's premise. That is: The democrats, by and large, hate Trump so much that they will automaticaly disagree with him.
These libs make Pavlov's dog look logical. They would rather see the country go up in flames rather than see it succeed under Trump.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yet, because of their hatred of President Trump and for no other reason at all Democratic run states have banned physicians from prescribing the drug for COVID 19 and they have enacted penalties for physicians who prescribe it and pharmacists who dispense the drug for that use. How many lives could have been saved if it were not for hatred driven policies?

Perhaps you should look at the scientific papers?

The article you quote cites this study from the Ford Hospital System, which reported a death rate from HCQ+AZT of 20% (here's the study: www.ijidonline.com...(20)30534-8/fulltext) and a death rate from HCQ alone of 13% (half the number of deaths from UN-treated patients). Now, compare 13% deaths to ZERO deaths with the same type of patient (larger study) with Biocom's itolizumab (source: finance.yahoo.com...)

The issue is that it is less effective than other treatments, as has been proved. It is better than NO treatment, but not as good as other drugs. I notice you don't even consider other drugs in clinical trials-- like remdisivir, which has a far lower death rate (8%) than hydroxychloroquine (source: www.nih.gov...)

If you go with something that kills more patients, then you're not using science... you're using politics or another emotional factor to guide your answer.

I'd rather be allowed to choose what drug to use with my MD. Actually for me I WANT to be put on it immediately if I catch COVID 19 because I am ill right now and high risk. My risk of dying from COVID 19 is quite high. But due to the Democrats I will be denied that freedom and have a much greater risk of dying from the disease than the drug.

When I finally recover from my illness, I will go back to taking care of my grandchildren while my daughter works, I'll go back to volunteering at the homeless shelter, I'll go back to volunteering at the womens drug rehab center. But who cares really, certainly not those who would deny me a drug that has a better chance of saving my life than the virus does of ending it.

But Democrats don't want me or my physician to have that choice because they hate Trump. They would rather let me die to spite Trump. We all know that is the real reason, I'm shocked that anyone would believe otherwise as the evidence is quite clear. They will do absolutely anything to destroy Trump, anything at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yes. I know.

Of course, to get away from a political bias...

You can't. People have their heads so far up their own asses politically they're coming out of their own mouths.

If Joe Biden told Miracle Ear that the hydroxy worked she'd immediately switch gears and find something wrong with it. This isn't about helping people, it's about divisive rhetoric to play political one-upmanship. If you point out their partisan asshattery they automatically think you're on the other side. That's my favorite part.

I suck those salty partisan tears up with my 24kt straw.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
While we can all debate the veracity of the organizations and foundations cited in the OP, we cant refute the OP's premise. That is: The democrats, by and large, hate Trump so much that they will automaticaly disagree with him.
These libs make Pavlov's dog look logical. They would rather see the country go up in flames rather than see it succeed under Trump.

Thank you.

Discrediting the source when one can not discredit the content is what Democrats do when they can't discredit the information. It is a boiler room, and common talking points tactic.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you get sick, your doctor is infinitely more qualified than you, me, or any dumbass partisan BS.

I would recommend you don't listen to any recommendations from idiots on the internet....wait....except from me. I know everything.

edit on 15-7-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
While we can all debate the veracity of the organizations and foundations cited in the OP, we cant refute the OP's premise.

Actually, Byrd showed you might be slightly better off with a different drug.

I personally don't care which one you take.

That is: The democrats, by and large, hate Trump so much that they will automaticaly disagree with him.

Kind of the same thing Conservatives do with Democrat politicians on points they disagree on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join