It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok So We Gonna Act like Tucker Carlson Is not A Thing??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Spider879

Nike lost 3/4bil subsequent to that decision. Im not thinking it pays that well.

Really?? will check that later.

www.cnbc.com...

Nike reported an unexpected quarterly net loss and a sales decline of 38% year-over-year.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Hahaha
The ref should have stopped this 3 rounds ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

fun facts
more young white males than black males commit more crimes

Good point.

So why are more young black males in jail or prison?

That is where the system is unfair for sure, conviction rates, and time served.

Most are forced to plea out.

Sheeeh be quite when you say that, speak softly and in hushed tones.. you'll be dragged for saying things like the "system" cuz they say it doesn't exist, and it is only a figment of ones imagination...nothing to see here🤔

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

I'm far more alarmed at the massive percentage of newscasters and their staffs who are proven major donors to the Democrat Party and various progressive lobbyist groups. Seems to me one can harbor what modern sensibilities might consider "racist views" and still provide a pretty unbiased, fair account of the news of the day... not so sure the same holds true where people who are financially invested in a particular political ethos and who will directly benefit from any harm done to that ethos' opposition.

In the same way as I assume you wouldn't take your political news of the day directly from Donald Trump, I can't understand how anyone could trust political news of the day when the narrative is controlled and delivered by individuals deeply invested in the Democrat party.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I know..tread lightly

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Spider879

Nike lost 3/4bil subsequent to that decision. Im not thinking it pays that well.

Really?? will check that later.

www.cnbc.com...

Nike reported an unexpected quarterly net loss and a sales decline of 38% year-over-year.

I just read causes due to cancelled sporting events, but the causes could be more complex.
www.denverpost.com...
In any case I'm not caping for them and their overpriced footwear.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Wish you would've read my earlier post, as well!

There are absolutely problems with the left/far-left, so please let's not make this about that. One problem at a time

Your issues with leftist newscasters may very well be valid, but that is not what my post was about, nor this thread.

In shifting the focus, you have managed to ignore addressing the issues that exist in this case.
edit on 15-7-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

There's also the matter of a company employing spokesmen who are decidedly critical of the United States and claim unfairness/inequality is rampant here while honking for merchandise manufactured in Chinese sweatshops by Uygher slave labor in a country that none of America's "woke" dare criticize and, conversely, actually run major block for (see James, Lebron... outrage over Rocket's admin criticism of China's chokehold on Hong Kong.)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yeah using slave labor in one area of the globe while being woke and supportive in another..so yeah they can fukouttahere!! cynical assholes.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

...and this is one of the reasons I'm fond of you. We frequently disagree on things, but we also have found common ground where core matters are discussed.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...and this is one of the reasons I'm fond of you. We frequently disagree on things, but we also have found common ground where core matters are discussed.

Same here.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

" Yeah using slave labor in one area of the globe while being woke and supportive in another.."

Hmm... How Many Industrial Nations other than the U.S. , Japan , Korea , Australia , Canada ,Italy , And Mexico use Cheap " Slave " Labor from the CCP in China to make their Goods ?
edit on 15-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Hi there,

I don’t feel it’s completely irrelevant.
I used to digest and regurgitate Fox News .
Until I thought about how nothing on the channel is news, just entertainment.
I lump them together now with the other channels, it’s all the same, with different spin.

Playing for a demographic. They are the only ones who play for this demo, so they lock up the ratings. At least for cable news.

edit on 15-7-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Tucker is laughing

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

People are legally allowed to think despicable thoughts. Why would you care what they think?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Okay, that makes sense.

I lump them together now with the other channels, it’s all the same, with different spin.

Definitely agree with you there, every one of them seems to be pushing some agenda, which makes it hard to trust anything they say.

I also see this problem happening on a personal level. I feel like I'm constantly bombarded by people telling me what I should and should not think, which makes me distrust them. What we need is to get our facts straight, to see things as they really are. Then people can come to their own conclusions, and I trust that they will be the right ones. I don't think there's really a huge divide between the left and the right. I think people would largely be in agreement with each other, if we could just get to the bottom of what's really going on in the world. (Much easier said than done, of course)
edit on 15-7-2020 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

People are legally allowed to think despicable thoughts. Why would you care what they think?

I think there's two answers to your question here.

In general, I care what people think because thoughts influence actions and intentions. If we want equality for all people, if we want a more harmonious and peaceful world to live in, I think we need to find a way to work with such despicable attitudes/thoughts/beliefs, a way to free people of them. I definitely don't think ignoring them is the answer.

More specifically, in this case it especially matters what the person thinks if they're a writer for a popular news program, because they have some degree of influence over the audience. We certainly don't want those "despicable thoughts" spreading to more and more people. I fear this is what is happening with Fox News in some instances.

(post by PartyCow removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So we are going to police thoughts? But not actual cops. A citizen based patrol. Maybe their uniforms can be brown. Or just the shirts.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join