It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not sure what party to join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Im aiming for a career in politics, but i cannot decide on which party to join. I was a huge supporter of Lib Dems but i have been finding myself drifting away from them. Im really not sure what party to join, the best thing i could do is just get lots of information of parties before making my mind up.

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Well I think looking through The Big List might be of some benefit, I've recently been looking through the New Party web site and I can honestly say they look interesting.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ive looked into the new party, very interesting stuff and i have applied to become a writer for them

EDIT

Membership to the new party is free
if your interested in them, i'll join up now before you have to pay.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by infinite]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Ive looked into the new party, very interesting stuff and i have applied to become a writer for them

EDIT

Membership to the new party is free
if your interested in them, i'll join up now before you have to pay.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by infinite]

I had a quick look at their site, and will have to read further, but they do seem like a common sense party. Good on you for your affirmative action!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
cause im looking for a career in politics, this will be a good start for me

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

cause im looking for a career in politics, this will be a good start for me

As a side line or as main career?

I'm going through the New Party website for like the hundredth time now and I'm nearly ready to sign up, the policy looks good and the ideals strong.
And its free

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
As a side line or as main career?

I'm going through the New Party website for like the hundredth time now and I'm nearly ready to sign up, the policy looks good and the ideals strong.
And its free

main career,
i want to become an MP one day

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

i want to become an MP one day

- You do realise infinite that (come my revolution) you have just barred yourself from ever being allowed to become an MP?

Rule 1) Anyone expressing an interest in becoming an MP and governing the people is demonstrating a highly questionable mentality and automatically barred from persuing said 'career'.

Sorry.

(*thinks*
oh my God, that's my revolution gone for a burton!

Damn!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
)

[edit on 15-3-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Rule 1) Anyone expressing an interest in becoming an MP and governing the people is demonstrating a highly questionable mentality and automatically barred from persuing said 'career'.

lol
oh really?

i thought my fellow UK politics buddies would be supportive of me.....may even vote for me

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
membership now complete.
i am a member of the new party now

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Welcome to the Party Infinite! Been a member myself for over 18 months. They used to be called the People's Alliance, but changed their name (for the better I might add, the Paople's Alliance sounds like a Marxist revolutionary Group!!)

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Welcome to the Party Infinite! Been a member myself for over 18 months. They used to be called the People's Alliance, but changed their name (for the better I might add, the Paople's Alliance sounds like a Marxist revolutionary Group!!)

thanx!

i would like to stand for them one day

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Whereabouts you from dude? I have looked into becoming an MP (as in reading up on the rules and what have you from the HoC website), and it seems fairly straightforward. Would like to do it myself one day.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Whereabouts you from dude? I have looked into becoming an MP (as in reading up on the rules and what have you from the HoC website), and it seems fairly straightforward. Would like to do it myself one day.

Canterbury, Kent
South East

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
you sound like an ambitous person, why not join a weak party such as the BNP or NF and mearly take them over and turn them into your own party, thats what I plan to do anyway.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101
you sound like an ambitous person, why not join a weak party such as the BNP or NF and mearly take them over and turn them into your own party, thats what I plan to do anyway.

Because the BNP and NF are neo-nazi hate parties and infinite is above such foolishness, and may i recommend that you look at the hateful policy and violent acts of both organisations.
Neither group will gain power as the british people know that we fought a world war against their kind.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101

I dont share the same views and ideaologies as the BNP and NF

top topics

join