It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama: Tuberville Gets It Done, Son.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.wvtm13.com...#

Couple of interesting things here to note... Sessions won 3 counties in Alabama. All 3 Counties were won by Doug Jones in 2018

Trump endorsed Tuberville over Sessions and Sessions pushed back at Trump a bit, including trying to play the Alabama doesn't take orders from Washington version of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy to try to goad Alabama voters into swimming against the tide. (Aww hell, it's 'Bama, so capitalize that and everyone in Alabama knows there is no swimming against the Tide, ya?)

Bottom line here, the media was woefully wrong about 2016 and wins like the one Tuberville just picked up (and I don't think anyone out there is willing to place even a buck on Doug Jones holding the Senate seat against Tuberville come November) prove that Donald J. Trump will most likely win 2020 taking the same states he took in 2016. His haters have grown louder, but they have not grown more numerous by any stretch. Yes, Jeff... Alabama did just do what the President of the United States, from his office in Washington asked them to do... I think what that proves is that Alabama takes orders from their consciences and from their brains, though. Perhaps had you done the same, instead of cowering like a school girl when your nation needed you to actually fill your position as Attorney General and bring your own agencies to heel where they belonged, we'd be seeing a very, very different discussion right now. You'd most likely be in Alabama campaigning for Roy Moore's re-election instead of trying desperately to regain a measure of the fame and clout you used to possess before your laziness, fear, and inaction pissed it down the drain, Jeff.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

sessions is a tool of the swamp.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Not anymore. Consider him “drained”.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Alabama has a hell of a lot of elections. I remember President Trump endorsing that guy (Ray Moore) who was accused of groping an underage girl. Wasn't that Alabama, just 2 years ago? What was that seat...Congressman, Governor?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dehydrated, even...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Alabama has a hell of a lot of elections. I remember President Trump endorsing that guy (Ray Moore) who was accused of groping an underage girl. Wasn't that Alabama, just 2 years ago? What was that seat...Congressman, Governor?

That was an interim election for this exact same senate seat. Roy Moore's accusers dropped all charges on him and he has a (currently paused) defamation lawsuit against his accusers.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Not anymore. Consider him “drained”.

He will just join up with Rick Wilson and the rest of the Global scum at the Lincoln Project.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Trump only endorsed Moore one week before the general election in an attempt to keep the Democrat out. That wasn't a case of Trump pitting one Republican against another or someone that Trump endorsed over a longer period of time.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Judge Roy Moore, and it was the interim election to replace Sessions after he was promoted to head DoJ chair polisher. Those allegations, incidentally, disappeared after the election, exactly as I and Judge Roy both predicted. They were a bunch of DNC-inspired hogwash to start with.

The only reason I didn't support Judge Roy this time around was that last time, he quit. Doug Jones didn't win; Judge Roy lost. The last couple of days immediately prior to the election, the radio was ringing off the damn dash with Jones ads, but nary the sound of "Vote Judge Roy" in earshot. So of course Jones pulled it off... after the entire financial might of the DNC smear machine in overdrive for months and a concession of silence by the accused, that's a no-brainer.

I voted Tuberville in the Primary, mainly because it was a race between him (the unknown), Sessions (the let-down), and Judge Roy (the quitter). Since then, I have a concern about Tuberville: he seems to be a state-hopper. I want an Alabama Senator who does for Alabama, not just a Republican rubber stamp. Even Trump can get it wrong sometimes.

So, choosing between a known let-down artist and a potential state-jumping rubber stamp, it all came down to who Trump asked for. I know he's done an overall great job, so when I'm that close his recommendation is enough.

Now the real battle begins... I would have thrown my support behind Sessions had he won, despite everything he hasn't done. The real battle is to get that lying, elitist, leftist excuse for an intelligent lifeform named Doug Jones out of the state... well, starting with out of office, we'll talk about his upcoming lynching in good time.

If he's smart, he'll just move on up to New York and keep using his tongue to polish Schumer's shoes... maybe he can get room and board that way. We don't want his happy little hiney stinkin' up our state.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I actually voted in the Dem primary as a lark, voted for Tulsi, so had to sit this one out. No regrets there I just wasn't that interested in choosing between Sessions, Moore, and a former Auburn coach, and I knew I'd vote for whichever if them won against Jones. I think Sessions lost mainly because of his ineptitude as AG. Failure to reign in the DOJ, and pretty much total failure. Hell General Flynn's new lawyer has exposed more DoJ corruption since she took over the case than the entirety of Sessions time as AG.

new topics

top topics

join