It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg Hospitalized For Infection

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Or Ruth America!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hope we can get a replacement this year...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex

Not with Mitch running the Senate, he already set a precedent that you don't confirm Supreme Court Justices during an election year.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Agree, her and Thomas both need to retire. Her due to age/health, and Thomas who hasn't engaged in arguments in years.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais

Not with Mitch running the Senate, he already set a precedent that you don't confirm Supreme Court Justices during an election year.

...only counts at end of second term when change of office is guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Agree, her and Thomas both need to retire. Her due to age/health, and Thomas who hasn't engaged in arguments in years.

Thomas is arguably the most consistent Constitutionalist on the court, he's engaged fully in arguments, he simply hasn't engaged in the BS circus some of the Justices have turned arguments into.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yeah, I strongly suspect that if Ginsburg dies soon, McConnell will have no problem at all voting on a replacement by the end of the summer.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Uh yeah I guess. There's also precedent of The Thurmond Rule.
edit on 14-7-2020 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Thomas is arguably the most consistent Constitutionalist on the court, he's engaged fully in arguments, he simply hasn't engaged in the BS circus some of the Justices have turned arguments into.

Ok I take that back, he actually asked questions at an argument this year.. first time in 4 years LOL. And then prior to that he went 10 years without asking a single question during arguments.

Sorry but I consider this shotty work, just like Ginsberg.

So like I originally said, hoping Ginsberg recovers but definitely time to retire.

edit on 14-7-2020 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Yeah, I strongly suspect that if Ginsburg dies soon, McConnell will have no problem at all voting on a replacement by the end of the summer.

A Black Conservative Female!

--------------------------------------------

Social media liberals are pretending like they care about Ruth Ginsburg's well-being.
edit on 7/14/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Uh yeah I guess. There's also precedent of The Thurmond Rule.

Unless the vacancy happens in very late October, I wouldn't hold your breath for any delay happening in the Senate. In fact, the mechanism exists for the GOP in the Senate to nuclear option any nomination they see fit to do, so long as two of the idiot RINOS (Murkowski, Romney, or Collins) don't screw the pooch on it. I'd say the vast majority of GOP voters would support using the nuclear option to fill any vacancy in the SCOTUS, particularly with the November elections being a bit in the air. That said, nothing would energize conservative and independent voters behind voting for Trump quite as much as an open SCOTUS seat with the potential for a proven panderer and progressive like Biden to take the presidency and fill the seat. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that an open SCOTUS seat in the current political environment and backed by footage of progressives rioting in the streets, tearing down landmarks, and behaving like animals from last month still fresh in voters' minds, would be about as beneficial to the GOP in November as the country's booming economy before the COVID manipulation happened was viewed to be.

You hand Donald Trump another guaranteed SCOTUS appointment days before the election and the clock is suddenly turned back to January, 2020... when all but the most die-hard MSM mouthpieces were even admitting that there was virtually no way he'd lose the election. SO there's always that...

For what it's worth, if Trump gets re-elected I also hope Thomas retires. Not because I think it is time, but because I'd hate to see him reach a point where he needed to retire due to health or just because he's looking to relax and enjoy his golden years and be stuck under a presidency that will make the wrong choice to replace him.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They're all openly or secretly wishing death upon her.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It's been time for her to retire for quite some time now. It's starting to get to the point that she seems to be spending more time in the hospital than on the bench. Something that wasn't considered in the constitution, but I do believe there should be an exception to the "for life" clause for medical reasons. I think there comes a time when any justice should be forced into retirement to focus on their health. As much as I don't like her or the agenda that she pushes, I don't wish for her death, but I think it's time for her to step down to focus on all these medical issues.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
a reply to: IAMTAT

They're all openly or secretly wishing death upon her.

Who is they? But kill cops is OK, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My hope and prayer, is that she can make/"makes" her "defense", a good one. Before the ultimate "judge". Because hell is forever! And "titles" don't mean Shi*, to God. She was given a "position" to do right, but she "educated" herself, into ignorance. Like "employees" of the IRS. She was a traitor, and didn't even know it. I can't feel nothing, for her kind.

I

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
There's some cruel MFs up in this thread.

Oh look an offended liberal. What are the odds?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

No, but we do wish she would retire and let someone capable (preferably a conservative) do the job.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

She's over 80 and on the "doorstep" of death already. There's no secret, open or closed, about it! She's in the Twilight of "life".. She ain't getting younger.
What "they're wishing" for? Is she doesn't die, as ignorant, as she lived... That's "love".

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

She's probably wishing, she retired herself. But not being able to burn, "good law", "The Bible", "logic" and The U.S. Constitution openly? ..She hung on! You gotta hand it to her. Even Satan "believes" in God. She to ignorant and a female... Enough said.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

You know? "They"? As "them people"? The "enemy"?
Pink flying squirrels, (probably void of reality) in general, or in gender.... I wouldn't take the comment to seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join