It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcissistic ‘no-win’ Mind Games

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I hope this video helps you as much as it has helped me.

I took a new job this year and was super excited to get through training and grow into my new role. Then I started dealing with my new direct supervisor.

It was clear to me within days something was very...not-right...with this individual. My enthusiasm was quickly deflated. Over a few weeks I asked other employees if they noticed the supervisor's quirks (to put it politely.) Everyone was well aware, and it has been a thorn in everyone's side.

I often describe my conversations with this person as if he were putting a ball in his hand--and then his hands behind his back--asking which hand the ball is in. Of course this is a no-win scenario, and you would be ridiculed and criticized for making your choice.

I came to realize my supervisor exhibits many traits of a narcissistic personality disorder.

So how to deal with it?? This video has helped me learn how to stop validating narcissistic individuals, and to stop seeking their approval; this ultimately weakens their toxic hold that they crave.

If you feel you are under the manipulative grasp of another person and suffer psychologically and emotionally as a result, I strongly urge you to watch this video, and start putting the advice into practice. It has worked for me.

Sadly, it seems as if much of the sickness in the world and its history can be traced to these types of people.

edit on 13-7-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hmmm.

I wonder sometimes...
Am I a Narcissistic person?

Have you felt like I crave a toxic hold on you personally?

Does me posting this mean I'm doing it?
Lmao

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Is it narcissistic to believe you can judge others narcissism?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Can the right foot trust the left foot to step down to the next ladder rung?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis
Yes.

Yes it can.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Is it Narcissistic to even bring up the topic of Narcissism? Like virtue signaling that you're not a Narc when you secretly are?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

What do you think Narc?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
I never claimed to not be a narc.

And I didn't bring up the topic.

Edit to add...
I may have missed the point.

edit on 14-7-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hi NB.
That's just it, eh ? One gets a new job, and then we seem to naturally want to do that job well, and hopefully earn the praise of our hierarchical superior. But then we remain suspended, in mid-air, wondering if our work is making the grade.

Through the years, and different jobs, with many different bosses: have observed that, quite unfortunately, many people with what seem to me to be, narcissistic and psychopathic tendencies, are attracted to positions of authority.

Have sought, and found solutions to deal with these types of situations.
But every man has his own row to hoe: except fishermen, whom sometimes hoe roe; and pimps, whom sometimes....never mind.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Does it take one to know one to the point of making a 30 minute video about damned if you do, damned if you dont scenarios?

Narcissists are supposed to be in love with themselves, like a following on social media, obsessed with whatever makes them great. I always thought it was looks, however.. if it's a personality, psychological complex, shouldn't there be overweight and unattractive narcissists out there?

For example, many women think a man who is very full of himself and into his looks is a narcissist. An overblown sense of self.
edit on 14-7-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
1 For a$ = "I am always right" : a=1
2 Print a$
3 If a (less than or greater than) 1 then gosub 1
4 next
5 end
edit on 7/14/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
2 Print a$
3 If a 1 gosub 1
4 next
5 end

I'm not sure which cool kid elite language this is in.

Narcissism suspcted.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: Gothmog
2 Print a$
3 If a 1 gosub 1
4 next
5 end

I'm not sure which cool kid elite language this is in.

Narcissism suspcted.

Basic
And I ain't no kid
Cool ? - Dang skippy

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing this. I actually had one of the worst meetings ever with my direct supervisor yesterday, who is a loose cannon, never takes responsibility for their shortcomings, blames others and is so insecure they always need to control the narrative (getting involved in meetings that don't concern them for example).

I'm looking for new jobs as a result of 3 years working with this person and not making any progress. I will watch this after work though. Thanks again and I hope everything works out for you at your workplace

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Try having one for a parent. My mom is like that. It's horrible. It's only gotten worse since she's started getting dementia.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I've been in the workforce since I was 16, and yeah, a lot of superiors are jerks.

This guy is different, in a whole other league. He seems to purposefully create situations so he can be condescending later. As I said, the whole staff has noticed this.

He will explicitly tell you to do something, then give a 5 minute speech about how it was stupid of us to do it. You get the same result if you deviate from instructions even slightly. He cannot be reasoned with even an inch.

I suspect some of the replies in this thread are from people who didn't watch or understand the content of the video fully.

It's a particular trait of some narcissists where they create these double bind scenarios so they can feel control over others.

If understanding how to deflect this disgusting behavior has helped at least one person then I am glad I decided to post this. The advice in the video is really effective. The key is to stop giving these people validation.

edit on 14-7-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
In a work situation, especially in this day and age if you don't have a few options elsewhere. Disengage emotionally and cash your check every payday till something better comes along.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

WOW, excellent video!

That was like watching 30 minutes of my ex wife being described, to a tee.

The first 4 years were okay. Then somehow, a light switch went off, and extreme narcissism permeated her entire personality.

Dealt with it for another 8 years after that (for the kids of coarse). Finally split up 6 years ago. Still dealt with the extreme narcissistic backlash all the way up until 3 months ago. Then I finally said ‘I’m done!’ Actually, my exact words were “You’re a fu##ing liar! I’m done”.

Haven’t and I’ll not speak to her since. THAT, was the last time we will have ANY verbal exchange. It’s futile with these people. Of coarse, my ex goes fully into the sociopath category. Which is worse than a narcissist.

Never heard the phrase ‘double bind’ before. Absolutely sums up narcissists. Screwed if you do and screwed if you don’t.

S & F

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
A true narcissist is very very rare .

As with everything else on the Internet the term narcissist is just a insult to be hurled at someone . A label to be applied in the attempt to vilify someone .

Anyone thinking they can diagnose someone over the Internet has diagnosed there self is delusional .

I did a joke thread on the topic while throwing their wild accusations back in their face . At a hateful lib bias little cesspool .

Look how it turned out .

People tend to throw that phrase around like it’s a insult.

I don’t see it.

As usually they just don’t know what I know.

Narcissism is great. and hardly a insult.

Because you know where you stand in the world.

On top .

You don’t have to worry about other peoples feelings. Pffffft

I love the attention

The total lack of empathy is a big plus. After you’re done crushing their feelings. You don’t give a damn.

After all you can’t be criticized if you’re always right.

The riffraff are so in all of you they stay at arms length.

All I see is pluses

Good times

Narc assist
A
Reverent
Creative
Apostle
Showing the
Simple minded
Infinitely
Superior
Talent.

My point
edit on 14-7-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Is it Narcissistic to even bring up the topic of Narcissism? Like virtue signaling that you're not a Narc when you secretly are?

No. They way you can spot a narcissist is if they claim to be an "Empath".

That's the dead giveaway .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join