It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Disallows Criticism of Communist China While Embracing Vilification of US LEOs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.lifezette.com...

The NBA’s “create your custom” jersey function on their website is getting a lot of attention…but for all the wrong reasons.

According to a new video, on the NBA site, the “create a custom jersey” function is very pro-China and very anti-cop. The video clearly shows that you’re not allowed to create a custom “Free Hong Kong” jersey, but you sure as heck are allowed to create a “F**ckPolice” jersey.

This is just 9 months after Lebron James saw a potential threat to his merchandise profit margin (merchandise which is made for pennies on the dollar in Chinese sweat shops) and publicly derided a Rocket's official who dared show support for the Hong Kong protesters (protesters who, unlike BLM are actually protesting fascism rather than stealing an opportunity to behave like children and animals with a free pass for chaos as the individuals stateside who James & the NBA support have done.)

Tell ya what, anyone who is interested in carrying out a little social experiment... since the NBA seems to believe they're fighting for the "little guy" and they frequently flap their annoying gums about "systemic injustice" and "economic inequality" let's play a little game of our own. Maybe all of middle class white America as well as any minorities who actually have embraced personal responsibility and made themselves successful needs to say "enough is enough" and cut off the NBA from the teat of the middle class entirely. No buying merchandise, no buying tickets, no buying league pass, no fawning over their oh-so qualified to talk about social and government matters individuals who's only claims to fame are above average height and the ability to demonstrate that a ball fits into a round hole. If the NBA is correct, then those they are supposedly fighting for lack the resources to keep the NBA afloat, BUT if the NBA is as full of horsecrap as they prove they are every time James or Adam Silver open their insipid, vapid mouths... well, the NBA will roll along unfettered and will have to find some other schtick to piss and moan about. I have no doubt the fools will claim "racism" is behind their league's troubles. Well, perhaps that might light a little fire under their weed-stupid asses and they'll move the whole shebang to mainland China where the CCP asses will be a lot closer so James and Silver don't have to reach as far to plant their lips on those red asses.

Hmmm... I wonder if the NBA's custom jersey shop would allow a "F**kTheNBA" custom jersey? Holy Hell, I just checked and by God they do... for now.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'll stop watching.

Oh, wait. I never did.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure purposefully undermining the stability of your country for the benefit of a hostile foreign power is treason.

If that war with China ever ends up happening these corporations may as well serve as their own prosecutor.

In the near future there needs to be a very deliberate purge of Chinese Communist influence in western corporations.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You mean like this?

That’s even taking it a step past the “add to cart” example in your link.

Link

Do you guys even bother checking things out before being outraged anymore? That’s a rhetorical question.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'll stop watching.

Oh, wait. I never did.

I was a legitimate fan when I was a kid and into the early 2000s. Have even attended some games in Phoenix, Denver, and San Antonio. The fiasco in Seattle opened my eyes to what a corrupt POS the commissioner's office was and is populated by and the artificial manufacture of Lebron James, a talented basketball player who would have maybe made the Dream Team in the 92 Olympics to give Magic and Bird a little bit of rest during games or to carry Jordan's bag for him had he come along a couple of decades earlier, into what they now project in an automaton voice is "THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER" over and over until enough folks repeat it sealed the deal for me.

All that said, I admit that I'd get a chuckle out of seeing the NBA fold primarily because this bastardization we see today isn't the real NBA. Or, more accurately, the NBA evolved beyond everything that made it great 30 years ago and before.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Try it with spaces

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Never really cared much about the MBL, NBA, NFL, NHL, or what have you. So, I'm way ahead of ya lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Try it with spaces

There’s a character limit.

*facepalm meme of Captain Picard*

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I would rather watch paint dry than watch basketball.
Or maybe even soccer.
edit on 13-7-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Warriors Jersey Attempt

Dude, I am literally trying it right now and I get a red text that says "We are unable to customize this item with the text you have entered. Please try a different entry."

What are you doing that allows it to happen? Is it specific to particular jersey styles?
edit on 13-7-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Try it with spaces

There’s a character limit.

*facepalm meme of Captain Picard*

WIthout spaces, it gives me the same "cannot use text you entered" for "F"HONGKONG, but no error for "F"POLICE

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you recall, the NBA shut-down the entire season when only 2 players had CoronaVirus. Made CHINA very happy to see the NBA get the USA "shut-down" ball rolling.

I hope the NBA is taking a YUGE financial hit, and gets $0 in U.S. taxpayer dollars. The entire league should move to China, as a matter of fact.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I never realized China owned the NBA. I'm guessing because all the merchandise is made there? Things make a little more sense.

Apparently some NBA players aren't too fond of the new communist basketball league ESPN had to do a piece shaming the players for complaining about accommodations lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It wont allow me to use F anything or anything sucks. It appears to have a naughty words algorithm.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'll stop watching.

Oh, wait. I never did.

Yeah, watching all those fit guys makes me feel insecure too.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33

I never realized China owned the NBA. I'm guessing because all the merchandise is made there? Things make a little more sense.

Those jerseys are made by the same slaves that make your jeans.

It's about enslaving eyes, not cheap labour.
edit on 14-7-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
These posts are why people think ATS is alt right.

Are you for free markets?
Should the NBA make efforts to ensure they are profitable or should they save the world?

Pick a side.

The NBA and any organisation should do their best not to alienate their customer base.

That's all it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I am alt-right. Did you have an actual point?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Yes!

Why are you against a corporation working in the interests of the shareholders?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Yes!

Why are you against a corporation working in the interests of the shareholders?

Same reason I am pro-tariffs... I'm a national protectionist. Also, you seem to be uneducated on the nature of professional sports leagues in the United States... the NBA League is legally a non-profit organization that has franchises which are operated like for-profit employees of the league. taxfoundation.org... They are 501c entities which means, by leftist logic, they are funded by the tax payers they do not pay taxes to. By actual logic, they are absolutely subsidized by the tax payers in each of their markets. Regardless, anyone who is subsidized and operating at the sole mercy of the US Congress as a "non-profit" that exhibits the audacity to bad mouth the individuals subsidizing their existence while censoring their own players and personnel against talking out about human rights violations of a foreign country can go screw as far as I am concerned.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join