It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- Questions. White House Insider's postings -PART- -28-

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
CDC Director: ‘I Think You’re Correct’ About Inflated COVID Death Statistics

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield acknowledged Friday that the number of COVID-19 deaths could be inflated where someone who had the virus actually died from something else, but it was recorded as a COVID death

He asked Redfield to comment on the “perverse incentive” and whether there is an effort “to try and do something different in a way that these deaths are recorded so we actually have better records and better numbers to go with.”

The CDC director said that the same thing happened in the early days of the HIV epidemic.

“I think you’re correct in that we've seen this in other disease processes too. Early in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack but also have HIV. The hospital would prefer the DRG for HIV because there is greater reimbursement. So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting though, ultimately, it's how the physician defines it in the death certificate,” Redfield said.

Gee, happened before? Really?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What about FUTA? That is also a federal company paid tax.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I don't think that's what Trump is talking about, employees don't care much about it. But it maxes out at the first $7k of gross wages.

So that's $42 per employee per year. Cut it. That will help small businesses a lot.

edit on 8/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: crankyoldman

You know that payroll taxes fund Medicare and Social Security, right?

You know that reducing payroll taxes doesn't help those who don't have a job, right?

I don't think Trump does.

That’s the point. It helps the ones still working. A 2 job family may be down to one job. The unemp benefits are for those without a job.

link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
I’m pretty sure there won’t be a Fed law to take the vax. It’ll roll out in groups. Prioritized by risk. I’m unclear if a/the vax will help someone already infected with the virus? Early stage? Late stage? Or is that too late for the vax and “treatments” must be used?

I’d guess the priority list would be;

1) infected (if it helps)
2) elderly (55+)
3) high risk from existing med issues
4) working adults
5) kids

We may see private entities require their employees to be vax’d:

- medical staff
- pro sports athletes
- college on campus students

Things like that.

Totally won't be mandatory.

But you'll need it for work - to earn money to buy food and pay for housing. Think that'll never happen? Nurses and doctors are required by hospitals to get them. Aaaaaaaand employees at many businesses are currently required to wear masks. A stick in the arm is only the next logical step, to them.

The grocery store will want to know you've had your vaccination - before they let you in to buy food.

To get your driver's license - yep, proof of vaccination.

To fly one will have to present their certificate they've been jabbed.

Oh, want to move to a country without mandatory vaccination? They're already talking about a "vaccination passport" to allow you to travel there.

Going in for life-saving surgery? You'll need to get the vax a week in advance please.

But it won't be mandatory.
edit on 1-8-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

link   

Not sure what you mean by "federal" but FUTA is def a federal company paid tax. Employees do not pay into this. Sometimes employees pay into SUTA depending on the state, but usually it's a really small portion, companies are responsible for paying the SUTA.

There's also Federal Income Withholding, determined by your W4 status, single married, step three dependents, etc. Is that not a federal tax? "Federal" by your standards?

There's also Local tax but that's not on the 941 and it's not federal. There's a lot of payroll taxes that's for sure, on both sides, for the employee and the employer.
edit on 1-8-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

True, lol.

But if you have several employees, that number can add up... and indeed the FUTA plus the SUTA can add hundreds of dollars to payroll, when it starts over in Jan again.
edit on 1-8-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

It helps the ones still working.

A bit. An extra $75 out of $1,000 (if they are done away with entirely). The next round of "free money" will cover that quite well.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Feds can't do anything about SUTA rates. And due to the current rate of unemployment, those premiums are going through the roof next year.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I just hit the taxable wage cap that shuts off taking SS out of my paycheck. That’s nice.

My job hasn’t shut down one day during the pandemic. Everyone working OT as well. 260+ employees. In the hot spot for Covid supposedly in AZ and only 9 positive cases for the staff. Last one was 3+ weeks ago. Only 2 of 9 had to go to hospital and both out after a couple days. They did have underlying medical conditions.

No mask requirement at work.

Sucks if you’re old and/or sickly. Those folks need to mask up and quarantine for the duration.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Did your company get a PPP loan?

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Meanwhile

noonegetsoutalive.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Did your company get a PPP loan?

Nope.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Dear Q,
Please drop something juicy. I am tired of reading about payroll taxes.
Your pal,
butcherguy

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't think Trump does.

LOL...Trump knows.

You're probably one of those people that think he was just a "reality TV star".

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If the unemployment was due to the pandemic, it shouldn't affect the companies rates. But I feel like it will be messy for employees who refused to go back to work due to feeling unsafe even when they were offered their positions- that will be a hot mess.

Yeah idk what will happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

If the unemployment was due to the pandemic, it shouldn't affect the companies rates. But I feel like it will be messy for employees who refused to go back to work due to feeling unsafe even when they were offered their positions- that will be a hot mess.

Yeah idk what will happen.

I’m about to post for 5 positions in my area of the company. I’m expecting to have a great pool of candidates.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If the unemployment was due to the pandemic, it shouldn't affect the companies rates.
The money has to come from somewhere. When the reserves fall, the rates go up. That's the way it works.

posted on Aug, 1 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm very happy to hear that you've been doing so well! And without a PPP loan. What is it you do exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join