It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I go to?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Not to mention, obviously he doesn't have island money.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: Arnie123

So he/she needs to just retreat from life completely? No! That is no life at all.
How do you know? To me, that's living.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: CharlesT

Not to mention, obviously he doesn't have island money.
What was the estimate on said savings?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

He's talking about living in a park so he could afford his medications.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
I've read through the entire thread and my comment to all is:
You're engaged in an intellectual exchange of ideas with an admitted schizophrenic and yet continue to hypothecate some scenario that makes sense.

ganjoa

That’s not entirely a fair point to make. I’ve known 3 schizophrenics in my life, my mother being one of them, in my experience, if they take their meds and pay attention to their mental health, they’re generally ok for the majority of the time. The ones who chose not to do so is a different story. Just because he’s schizophrenic doesn’t mean he’s incapable of making sense, he’s made plenty of it in this thread already. He may not be able to do so 100% of the time, but that doesn’t appear to be the case right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

So he/she needs to just retreat from life completely? No! That is no life at all.

That sounds like the justification of a person who cannot live without others meeting their needs and wants.

True peace in life can only come from within. Then we can begin to give in a truly unselfish way.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Canada isn't a great choice. Even if you could get accepted in and onto disability they only give $350 toward rent here in BC. It's a brutal life for a lot of disabled people here at the mercy of the housing market and many become homeless or choose between rent or food. That's provincial bare bones disability. Federal can be much higher if you put time in working before becoming disabled or if you were disabled at work. I think, if you have some marketable skill like gardening or farming, saving and going to a stable third world country would be a much better choice.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Definitely not Canada, I agree. Crazy cost of living. My friend was on disability here and used it to get her ass to Berlin where she found a shared home at a reasonable price, food is cheap, and she can work when her brain lets her. She lives well there on the meager amount that would have left her destitute if she stayed in Canada.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
I've read through the entire thread and my comment to all is:
You're engaged in an intellectual exchange of ideas with an admitted schizophrenic and yet continue to hypothecate some scenario that makes sense.

ganjoa
I might have the intellect of a schizophrenic but I'm far from stupid. I can talk about quantum and astrophysics all day. I would go to collage lectures on the subject for fun when I was 14. I might be a little crazy but I'm far from stupid and I'm probably more down to earth then a lot of people on this site. Stick me in a room with 10 people and play guess the schizophrenic and chances are you wouldn't guess me. For all outward appearances I don't stand out and from 8 years of being in the workplace I learned to hide my illness well. Sometimes I feel like a chameleon. I learned early on with this illness not to talk about it. If someone finds out I'm on disability I tell them I have multiple sclerosis. I don't tell people in my personal life I have schizophrenia. At lot of stigma and stereotypes go along with being labeled crazy. Your post is proof of that.
edit on 14-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thanks!
I'll be sure to give your opinion all the consideration it is due.
Just remember that whatever country you choose to reside, you'll always carry your state of mind with you.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

No...

I read the whole thread after my reply and i broke down.

Unbelievable, what total lack of empathy some people show...Beating the one who is already smashed to the ground... i... i am just unable to comprehend what is their motive behind this s***.

Hang in there wantsome. I would like to say to you, that it will get better, but maybe it won't... But i see where you are coming from. "A quality of a society is measured by how it treats the weakest ones."

Wishing you all the best, and huge amounts of strength to cope with your struggles.
-Fin

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=25302765]wantsome[/post

Not the Uk the healthcare here is rubbish , I once years ago asked a psychiatrist to explain this to me www.newscientist.com...

I have never seen a case of sudden adult touretts syndrome hit so fast as he mumbled that's impossible ? , I had to explain to him De-NIAL IS A RIVER IN Egypt
The security guard that was in the room with him was doing a very good job of not laughing and he will no longer take my calls

After 6 heart attacks in one year they still think i am fit for work , PM me what meds you need and i will see what i can do for you bud

Stoner w

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
After 6 heart attacks in one year they still think i am fit for work

Fit for work? I am amazed that you are alive Stoner W.... Good thing that you are

A couple of members have mentioned the bad state of UK healthcare. We here in Finland view UK as very advanced in every possible way. Well, the monarchy thing is kind of fart flavored but that brings more money via tourism than it costs to uphold.

Geez... Fix it. Somehow. Boris or someone i don't care. What i care about is the overall health of the fine people of UK.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

No...

I read the whole thread after my reply and i broke down.

Unbelievable, what total lack of empathy some people show...Beating the one who is already smashed to the ground... i... i am just unable to comprehend what is their motive behind this s***.

Hang in there wantsome. I would like to say to you, that it will get better, but maybe it won't... But i see where you are coming from. "A quality of a society is measured by how it treats the weakest ones."

Wishing you all the best, and huge amounts of strength to cope with your struggles.
-Fin
Thanks for the kind words. I've come to expect this kind of thing on the internet. I know a lot of people that think this stuff in real life but they don't have the balls to say it to my face. The anonymity of the internet brings out peoples inner sociopath.
edit on 17-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You could try Canada but I wouldn't recommend any of the larger cities, especially T.O. Dont know about Norway, and if you had money, probably Southern Mexico, also they manufacturing down there.

Obivously homework a good thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

The Uk health care is in no way advanced in any way Finspiracy ,A American heart doctor who i talked to online was shocked at just how bad the care and follow on support is here and how little we get told by the doctors , it took me 2 months to get a appointment to see a doctor when i phoned about chest pain if i had turned up at hospital i would be turned away in the last 4 months with this covid scare , My friends young son broke his leg and it took 1.5 days to get a plaster on it at the hospital .

Less than 1 in 10 people who phone a ambulance for a heart attack in the uk live , i waited 45+ minutes for a ambulance and i only stay 1-2 miles away 96 % of people who have had 6 heart attacks die within 5 years , even 1 heart attack only 75 % will be alive at the end of the first year and they want me to go back to work

For 20 years i have been asking doctors nicely can i have Valium [ diazepam ] to help me sleep as i can go days or weeks when i was younger without sleep i always get told NO ,NO ,NO yet they work 100% of the time every time even Xanax etc etc i get immune to after 3 days and the stuff you can order on the dark web is 90% rubbish .

Much easier to go to a veterinary surgeon or get steaming drunk like i did for decades

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm a dick about this subject. Straight up.

If someone walked up to your house and said..."I'd like to live here, I have no money, no job and no prospect of ever getting a job, but can I come live in your house and eat your food and contribute nothing. Would that be okay?? I'd really appreciate it."

"I'm a human being" only goes so far. Compassion, is only worth so many real dollars. In the end, EVERYONE has to contribute, no matter how small.

Failing that...you're on your own!

Laying down and looking for a handout is NEVER an option!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm sorry, but I'm a dick about this subject. Straight up.

If someone walked up to your house and said..."I'd like to live here, I have no money, no job and no prospect of ever getting a job, but can I come live in your house and eat your food and contribute nothing. Would that be okay?? I'd really appreciate it."

"I'm a human being" only goes so far. Compassion, is only worth so many real dollars. In the end, EVERYONE has to contribute, no matter how small.

Failing that...you're on your own!

Laying down and looking for a handout is NEVER an option!
Have you ever given a stranger the last dollar in your pocket before because they were in need? Probably not. I've never had much in life but I've done it. You know why I did it? Because if I were ever in need I'd hope someone would do the same for me. I'm not asking to move into your house and and raid your fridge. I'm a disabled person looking for a better standard of living. I know I'm useless maybe they should just use me as a human guinea pig. I think someone in history tried that once.
edit on 18-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Stay in the states and get a job pushing shopping carts, bagging groceries, or if you sleep 16 hrs a day and find yourself up mostly nights ask for a night stocking position or freight crew.

I say this because this would give you access to prescription care. I worked at Albertsons and had a co-worker who only worked there for that very reason. $1000's of dollars in meds a month were just like 40-50 bucks for her husband with our health plan.

Nothing you could do in the grocery biz requires much thought or effort, just repetitive motion and a fake smile. Now with masks you don't even have to fake the smile!

Bonus! Discounts on groceries, and Sometimes gas, plus the deli and bakery usually have good deals on close dated products that employees always get first dibs on. I have enjoyed many a 99 cent cake that would have cost me 14 bucks the day prior.

If you put in 6 hours a day 5 days a week I think you would be making close to 1200 a month to start and closer to 1600 within about a year. When your health bennies kicked in during the bi annual enrollment period you would be living happy and very well taken care of.

Here in bozeman, montana 1600 a month income covers $500 rent plus a car payment and insurance and groceries and cable tv and Internet and a 15% savings. No joke! Now, you wont be living high on the hog or dining at 4 star restaurants, but it definatly beats living in a park to afford your meds.

You can fish and hike and go floating the river or skiing or sledding, you name it! All within 30 miles of town. And after about 20-30 years once you are ready to retire you get to enjoy the last great place on earth even more.

If you can handle cold winters then get your but out here they are always hiring and any honest person willing to put in 4-8 hours a day 5-6 days a week no matter how mentally or physically disabled can excel in the grocery biz.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

This! # the system and use it to your advantage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join