It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I go to?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've been giving it some thought. I'm probably am going to stick around here. I might have to live in the park for a while until human services decides to help. I refuse to live in a bug infested apartment. I'd rather be homeless. My meds are my top priority. I would rob a pharmacy before I stopped taking them. At least I'd get meds in prison. It took me 5 years to recover from my last psychosis. I would do anything to avoid getting that sick again. With meds I've recovered to about 75% of my former mental health but my illness still impacts my everyday life. The medications I take are mind numbing. They make my thoughts slow and they make me sleep a lot. I sleep up to 16 hours sometimes. I'm having kidney problems because I can't wake up to go to the bathroom. These meds put me into a coma. It's took me 23 years to get this far in my recovery. I have a lot of insight and self awareness to my illness. Some schzophrenics never make it this far. Psychosis causes brain damage. The longer you have it or the more you have it the harder it is to recover. I got treatment early on before the illness did to much damage. I know schizophrenics that never recovered from psychosis. Once you're to far gone it can be impossible to come back from.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: glen200376
a reply to: wantsome

Why should some other countries tax payers support you?
I wouldn't be happy happy if my country let you stay here as a burden of the state.
You've no interest in coming to work and pay your own way and think a fake asylum claim will keep your sorry ass in a state that you think you deserve.
You moan about the amount of money America gives,that's GIVES you to live on calling it third world.
No country will have you and if you think they will then that's a delusion.

So in other words I'm a useless piece of S*** and need to stay where I am? duly noted
I never said that but I don't know how you think you're entitled to a nice free life in a country you have no ties too and have paid no taxes in.
Why should taxpayers of some random country pay for you?
Genuinely would like to know your thought process on this.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
What a RUDE thing to say....and if we HAD decent health care he wouldn't even have to be thinking about doing this

I wouldn't be happy happy if my country let you stay here as a burden of the state.
You've no interest in coming to work and pay your own way and think a fake asylum claim will keep your sorry ass in a state that you think you deserve.
You moan about the amount of money America gives,that's GIVES you to live on calling it third world.

yeah yeah I'm rude,it isn't me that's Willing to fill a fake asylum claim to get a nice little income and free medical care.
This is paid for by the taxpayer mostly who work their ass off for buttons though.
Why are you all excusing this criminal.
If it was a Mexican doing this too the US you'd all be up in arms.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

What do YOU have to offer another country other than demands?

sweet F all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So in other words I'm a useless piece of S*** and need to stay where I am? duly noted
I never said that but I don't know how you think you're entitled to a nice free life in a country you have no ties too and have paid no taxes in.
I don't feel entitled I just don't feel like my needs are being met here. I have a severe medical condition and I feel I'm being S*** on by my government. You try living with this illness and get jerked around by government agencies and see how you like it.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Don't let that post upset you. Some folks just weren't raised right.
Some of us weren't raised right?
You mean because I object to some random American expecting to pick a country to move to where they have to then supply him with medication,medical help and endless money.
Oh and this is untill he die in 60 years or so while he gives nothing back except his presence and wants.
If not thinking this is ok means I wasn't raised right then I wasn't raised right.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

And you think that a foreign government will just now down and give you what you want?
For example we have people living on the streets- where's the government with a home for them?
You would be at the back of the que and rightly so.
Get real no country wants to give you money for the rest of your days so suck it up and stop playing the martyr because my violin is all but worn out.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't feel entitled I just don't feel like my needs are being met here. I have a severe medical condition and I feel I'm being S*** on by my government. You try living with this illness and get jerked around by government agencies and see how you like it.
Going by your comments you must be around my age,mid forties yet you sound like a petulant kid."see how you like it boo hoo"
We all have wants and needs,our crosses to bear not just you.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Don't let that post upset you. Some folks just weren't raised right.
Some of us weren't raised right?
You mean because I object to some random American expecting to pick a country to move to where they have to then supply him with medication,medical help and endless money.
Oh and this is untill he die in 60 years or so while he gives nothing back except his presence and wants.
If not thinking this is ok means I wasn't raised right then I wasn't raised right.
I don't care about money I don't have any as it is. My priority is my medication. How far do you think you're going to get on $900 a month. Is a roof over my head and my medical needs being taken care of to much to ask for in America?

My family has fought and bled for this county in every war since WW2. Yeah well guess what my family pays taxes too. You better hope you don't get sick before you retire. My mom got cancer and had to quit her job at age 58. She ate through her life savings in a year. I watched her standing in the rain bald crying her eyes out as the bank tossed everything she owned on the curb.

Drink or smoke? Better eat your vitamins and jog 2 mile everyday. Even then cancer can still hit you. Better hope you have plenty of money saved. You'll find out the pain of what it's like to rely on the government. If any of your bad habits don't catch up with you the water will probably get you. I've been following for years the stuff they dump in our water ways and chances are you're drinking it.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If you can, and you have a fat wallet....... relocate to Brussels in Belgium

the City is sane enough to have outlawed 5G towers

the EU elites have created a sanctuary place in the midst of chaos & that status should endure ...

ETA

for a birds-eye look at the place...link>> www.bing.com...
edit on th31159473933714082020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wrong we have very good tap water in Scotland actually.
You think I have this opinion because I have money?
Wrong again,I don't have a pot to piss in even after doing a #ty job for 50 hours a week,a back breaking job might I add.
Oh and you medication won't put food in your belly so of course you need to care about money.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Wrong again,I don't have a pot to piss in even after doing a #ty job for 50 hours a week,a back breaking job might I add.
Oh and you medication won't put food in your belly so of course you need to care about money.
What you want a medal because you break your balls everyday?

I didn't ask to get schizophrenia and I'd trade places with you any day of the week not to have this illness.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Going by your comments you must be around my age,mid forties yet you sound like a petulant kid."see how you like it boo hoo"
We all have wants and needs,our crosses to bear not just you.

You’ve got a really sh!tty way of delivering a message, man.

It’s not like the OP is some lazy, welfare abusing freeloader. The guy tried to work, it can’t happen. It’s not like he WANTS to sit there and take other people’s money. As a taxpayer who has never once collected a government benefit, I’m disgusted with the decisions our “leaders” chose to spend money on while they pander back and forth how to resolve our healthcare issue.

I get your points, but as I said above, you have a really sh!tty delivery method. You’re painting this guy to seem like he just wants to leech off whoever he can when the guy has already put effort into doing it on his own and couldn’t make it happen. He didn’t ask for his situation. Sh!tting all over him and belittling him is just an asshole thing to do.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What happen you went silent all of a sudden?

My first job after getting out of the hospital was cleaning toilets. I spent a year cleaning s*** off of toilet seats. People messed with me because I was weird. Someone took a dump in the urinal because they thought it would be funny that I had to dig it out.

My boss gave me an opportunity because I was a hard worker and never missed a day or late. I ran a spot welding gun. It weighed 200 lbs and was suspended from a pulley system on the ceiling. I welded car doors for 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes the welding gun would spit molten metal in my face or it went down my shirt.

After that I advanced to metal finishing. I was sucking in aluminum and galvanized steel dust all day long.

I then moved on to hammer forming. I was making parts for the Ford GT and the Dodge Viper. After 3 months of doing it I was told by the inspector that I was as good at it as people that had been doing it 20 years.

I started out at $8 an hour. When I went on disability I was making $16 an hour in 2005. I was bringing in $900 a week. Now I get that in a month.

I was on disability before I started working.

So don't go nailing yourself to a cross thinking you're the only person to ever work hard.
edit on 14-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Are there any advocacy agencies in your area that specialize in psychosis, or general mental health?

You seem like the kind of person who would do well in a limited advocacy role (to your limits of course) for other people dealing with schizophrenia. You said you had early intervention, but you know yourself this isn't the norm. The world needs advocacy for schizophrenics, and communities rarely, rarely see a person with schizophrenia who isn't deep in psychosis.

They could also help with meds, insurance, sometimes housing. I see that you're on a precipice right now, but a future in advocacy could be so bright for you, and it's a huge hole that needs to be filled by people who lived experience, not just psych degrees.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You know there are free places to live in most cities ran by churches. Usually a "Mission" they provide access to food, shelter and health care. They will help get you on your feet again and help place you where you need to go.
BLESSINGS!

I've been giving it some thought. I'm probably am going to stick around here. I might have to live in the park for a while until human services decides to help. I refuse to live in a bug infested apartment. I'd rather be homeless. My meds are my top priority. I would rob a pharmacy before I stopped taking them. At least I'd get meds in prison. It took me 5 years to recover from my last psychosis. I would do anything to avoid getting that sick again. With meds I've recovered to about 75% of my former mental health but my illness still impacts my everyday life. The medications I take are mind numbing. They make my thoughts slow and they make me sleep a lot. I sleep up to 16 hours sometimes. I'm having kidney problems because I can't wake up to go to the bathroom. These meds put me into a coma. It's took me 23 years to get this far in my recovery. I have a lot of insight and self awareness to my illness. Some schzophrenics never make it this far. Psychosis causes brain damage. The longer you have it or the more you have it the harder it is to recover. I got treatment early on before the illness did to much damage. I know schizophrenics that never recovered from psychosis. Once you're to far gone it can be impossible to come back from.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You aren't alone in your situation. Even the most sane people, like me har har, have to contend with the daily adversities' life presents us with. The only difference is that you have been presented with special circumstances you have to overcome to cope with life's challenges we all have to confront.

I don't think you have to look for another country to make your challenges less demanding because you will just take your handicap with you and will be starting from scratch all over again. The grass isn't necessarily greener over the hill.

edit on 14-7-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Find yourself an acre or 2 out in the country somewhere. There is no better place than a secluded country home in one of several southern states you could choose. Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia. Louisiana or eastern Texas.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Find an island, spend your savings on renewable technologies, live your life in seclusion and away from all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

So he/she needs to just retreat from life completely? No! That is no life at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've read through the entire thread and my comment to all is:
You're engaged in an intellectual exchange of ideas with an admitted schizophrenic and yet continue to hypothecate some scenario that makes sense.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join