It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I go to?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Why should some other countries tax payers support you?
I wouldn't be happy happy if my country let you stay here as a burden of the state.
You've no interest in coming to work and pay your own way and think a fake asylum claim will keep your sorry ass in a state that you think you deserve.
You moan about the amount of money America gives,that's GIVES you to live on calling it third world.
No country will have you and if you think they will then that's a delusion.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hear Canada is the place to go.
Every Canadian says they pay little to nothing.
Good luck!

Just for clarity, we don't have universal pharmacare up here. You pay for drugs unless your employer has a benefits plan or you are over 65. Could be you're covered if you are on 'welfare' or disability, but I'm unsure.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Bro, it's a God thing.....stay stateside just a titch longer....
Especially now.......outta here in 3 months....you know.....right before the hurting part hits......
edit on 13-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

I wouldn't be happy happy if my country let you stay here as a burden of the state.
You've no interest in coming to work and pay your own way and think a fake asylum claim will keep your sorry ass in a state that you think you deserve.
You moan about the amount of money America gives,that's GIVES you to live on calling it third world.

So in other words I'm a useless piece of S*** and need to stay where I am? duly noted
edit on 13-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I think you should also factor in the weather. Places that are dismal and gloomy can negatively affect mood.

Also, don't treat migration as if you are being driven from one place to another. You probably need some positive motivation and if you treat it as an extended holiday and adventure, that's all good.

A friend of mine used to travel the world and he said of all the places he really liked the Greek Isles.

But they have been through some tough economic times and so things may not be the same as they were a decade or two, ago.

Australia is 'first world', has a good public healthcare system, and is mostly warm and sunny. You also won't need to learn a new language. Adelaide is my favourite Aussie city but Melbourne and Sydney are OK, too.

I live in New Zealand and it is a wonderful place for me, but may not be for everyone. The current NZ administration has made a big commitment to mental health care as a budget priority but politicians, and budgets, come and go.

We had a fairly strict lockdown here and all business has been pushed to the edge, so I don't know if the government will be able to honor its healthcare promises. At least we have nearly eradicated the virus. Few countries have been so blessed.

Anyway, the world is a wonderful place and I'd recommend that you travel to the places that you'd like to live, to see how things are. Remember that you'll need support, so if there are family or friends there, that's a plus!

Anyway, I wish you the best in your future adventures.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Your biggest challenge will be an income requirement. But overall, South America trends to be the easiest place to immigrate as an American.

wanderwisdom.com...

Quickly scanning that list, Belize could work.

edit on 13-7-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What a RUDE thing to say....and if we HAD decent health care he wouldn't even have to be thinking about doing this

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What do YOU have to offer another country other than demands?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Good luck. If you’re American and don’t already have a passport you’re pretty much screwed.

As of Monday, July 13, a total of 11 passport agencies and centers are in phase one, and 5 agencies and centers are in phase two of our three-phase reopening plan. Go to our Passport Agency and Center page for more information. You can apply at an acceptance facility or renew by mail now, but unless you have a life-or-death emergency, you will experience delays before receiving your passport and the return of your citizenship documents such as previous passports, and birth and naturalization certificates.

travel.state.gov...

Add to that that most of the world has closed travel for Americans because of our complete failure of a coronavirus response, and you’re not left with much.

I hear Idaho is nice if you have a shaved head.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

First of all, you are NOT a leech. You are a living, breathing human being. You have needs. You have things you want. Hopes and dreams....

I am sick too. Mentally. There is all kinds of stuff and even the doctors did not know for sure at the time. But yeah i am not dangerous, just like you are not dangerous. But my medication costs around 1000 euros, 3 months doses. I pay 4.50 euros myself and the rest is covered by basic insurance which everyone has here (Finland).

So, what if you take a good bite of "soviet style communism" as they say around ATS all the time? Norway is a fine choice too but you are going to need quite a chunk of money just for housing and food, the basic stuff...

Do i think that i am a leech? Nope. The government forced me to go to school. The government forced me to go to army. Now pay me.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Have you considered moving to a different state?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

germany is a good place to be. specially bavaria. you are welcome!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Well, having traveled the world for many years...if you think living in a 1st world country on what you call a "3rd world income" is hard...try living in a 3rd world country on NO income!

The definition of the word "hard" will take on a whole new meaning for you!!

Oh, and regarding one poster's suggestion of migrating to Australia...forget it! Australia is one of the most difficult countries to migrate too. You either need to either be a extraordinarily well educated and seasoned professional at a profession in strong need, or you will need to be a skilled migrant worker. Otherwise you can forget about Australia. I looked into it once myself, and I am in a highly skilled profession...and it was not even remotely possible. And when Australia deports people they don't care where they go, just so long as they're not in Australia. So, you could easily wind up in someplace like Indonesia, or Bangladesh (where most of the migrants come from), and your "new normal" will take the most horrific turn you could possibly even imagine!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The grass is always greener on the other side. When you get there it's likely that you will find there is no grass at all. Best you stay and make the best of what you have.

There's probably a Blues song in this somewhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

So in other words I'm a useless piece of S*** and need to stay where I am? duly noted
Don't let that post upset you. Some folks just weren't raised right.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Your biggest problem will be seeking permanent residence, there's also a good chance the oroces will be highly stressful too.

I hear you though, I'm in the UK our services aren't the best either but it isn't costing people $1000's for basic treatment that you do need.

This might not be what you want to hear but it would be easier fighting your battles at home so to speak, that said if you do have a bit money saved up there's options for travelling visas and working visas. The US has overseas territories too.

Permanent residence will be the issue though.

I'm not a danger to anyone or anything like that. I just want to be left alone in life. If it means going somewhere else so be it. I'm sick of being treated as a second class citizen. It's not easy surviving on a 3rd world income in the richest nation on earth. It doesn't make things better when I have it hanging over my head that human services could cut me off at any moment. They've done it 2 times already

Dreadful... And dangerous on their part. I imagine you might not get much love on ATS but for what it's worth you have my sympathies. I'll help you out on advice etc any way I can.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

I think basic medication that is needed is a human right, the OP is being failed by his government and medical services.

Pissing on his hopes of a peaceful life because he's going to leech your taxes is kinda retarded considering what OUR government gives away, ya know in foreign aid? To places like China? Why don't we give as much charity to English speaking countries? Is this man being failed on basic human rights?

We pay for literacy education in China, I'd rather personally pay for this chaps medication than tit jobs and other cosmetic surgeries done on the NHS.

I mean I'm in a similar boat as the OP, I wouldn't encourage him to come to the UK. Our mental health services are failing.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Asylum??? LOL!

C'mon man, that's really pushing it. To seek asylum in a country you have to be from a persecuted segment of society, and the country you are seeking asylum in has to agree with you. So, for example, if you were a Christian minority or refugee in a Muslim country which was actively performing genocide and ethnic cleansing of Christians, then you might get consideration from a sympathetic Christian country.

It's going to be pretty difficult (read: just about impossible) to seek asylum from a country like the USA.

What would the basis of your asylum claim be...that you don't feel you're receiving the appropriate level of free healthcare? I'm not certain, but I don't think that dog is going to hunt.

I say this not to "dash your hopes" as some here have suggested, but rather to put things into perspective so you don't wind up with a false sense of what is realistically possible. And, a claim of 'asylum' from the US is not realistic.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hear Canada is the place to go.

Every Canadian says they pay little to nothing.

Good luck!

Yeah I live 15 minutes away from Canada.

Don't come to Canada. You WILL end up homeless or basically homeless.

I spent my 20's working in provincially run homes for people who had mental health issues and needed housing. I'm not sure what standard of living you're used to, but this is less than ideal for individuals with mental health issues.

Also, you would get deported. Quickly. As soon as you needed the kind of meds you needed, you'd need to see a doctor to prescribe, that might go fine, but to get your scripts, you know they're expensive. As a non-resident, you have almost zero hope of getting coverage, public or private due to your pre existing condition.

You won't be able to get a job, because you're a non resident.

It would really be a sad situation for you I think. The homeless scene in Canada is cold, it's really bleak. And where it isn't cold (Vancouver), it's heroin city. Once a paranoid schizophrenic begins heroin use, the counter starts ticking until they're dead.

You seem to be very conscious of your condition, which isn't common, so as much as it sucks, be that squeaky wheel. Use every publicly available outlet to stay on top of it.

As crazy as it sounds in our connected society, mental health is a stop sign when it comes to immigration. You have to make the best of what's in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Most countries have far stricter immigration and asylum policies than the US does. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't get my hopes up of legally moving to another country based on your situation.

That is what I was going to say.

Unfortunately the vast majority of countries have very strict immigration policies. In your particular situation the countries that would fit your criteria won't allow you to immigrate. You could go on a vacation visa, but they won't allow you to immigrate.

I was in a foreign country that some people have mentioned on a vacation when I got sick. They have universal health care. I had to pay for my health care, it is not free for people who are not citizens.

You need to check out immigration laws of the various countries you are considering. You will find that the ones that you and others think are best have immigration laws that US citizens would consider draconian.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join