It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I go to?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm disabled and I'm sick of getting dumped on in America by the system. I have a little money saved up and I'm thinking of fleeing to another country. Our country seems pretty incompetent when it comes to just about everything. We have a virus raging out of control. We have disabled people not getting the help they need.

I have paranoid schizophrenia and bi polar. I got schizophrenia when I was 19 and been living with it for 24 years. I see and hear things that don't exist. My mind plays tricks on me. I can't trust my own perception of stuff. Although I have grip on it it's still difficult to live with.

My local human services has been jerking me around for years. They cut off my health insurance and I had to get my state rep involved to get it back.

Community run mental health services are a joke. The doctors are scumbags. My mom paid for my doctor and at points paid for my medication which is $1200 a month. It nearly bankrupted her. She know I need treatment as well as I do.

I rely on human services as part of my livelihood. My mom has cancer and my grandmother has Alzheimer's. I need a system I can rely on because the people that care about me and are willing to help me will soon be gone.

I''m thinking about fleeing to another country. One with a better standard of living. I don't want to end up homeless. People with schizophrenia have a high propensity of ending up homeless.

I don't think my medical need will be met in America. Any gap in insurance could set me back years mentally if I don't get my medication. I wouldn't be able to take care of myself and I have no one to look out for me.

I thinking about selling the car I inherit from my grandmother and funding it to get me somewhere else. Maybe Canada or Norway and try to claim asylum that my medical needs aren't being met.

I don't know if something like that would work but I figure why not. A lot of countries are taking people from the middle east.

Right wingers go ahead and call me a leach all you want. I spent 8 years in the workforce trying to make it. I had set back after set back. I worked because I wanted to. I went to state run rehabilitation services hoping they'd help me find a job. They did a psyche test and said I wasn't fit to work. I found a job on my own and I started out cleaning toilets. I worked my way up over 8 years to being a sheet metal model maker. I was making in a week what I now get in a month on disability. I had to quit. I had the full support of my doctor that is a MD in a hospital. Social securities medical examiner agreed to the disability. I had a federal judge rule on my behalf. I had school documentation going back to 3rd grade saying I was mentally unstable.

I'm not a danger to anyone or anything like that. I just want to be left alone in life. If it means going somewhere else so be it. I'm sick of being treated as a second class citizen. It's not easy surviving on a 3rd world income in the richest nation on earth. It doesn't make things better when I have it hanging over my head that human services could cut me off at any moment. They've done it 2 times already.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, for traveling now, one must fill out some forms for international travel. One question is: Are you mentally insane . ( ok, I'm tough on this ) but I agree with you about America. There is NO true hard core leadership these days there.
In my opinion and I don't live there, America is falling apart from its seams.

OK. Well, its too late to go to New Zealand . All the rich and those that had political connection got there before March 3rd.

I don't know if this will pan out. It would seem to me you are on SSDI, which would be about 900 bucks a month.
Try your best to go to Belize and be a house sitter for the rich foreigners there.

Let me know if this pans out out for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I got schizophrenia when I was 19
a reply to: wantsome

What transpired at that time?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I got schizophrenia when I was 19

What transpired at that time?
Schizophrenia is genetic and the genes lay dormant. Some people have it from the time their born other people don't get it until their older. When the genes become active the person gets sick.

They've done studies with identical twins where one twin gets it and the other don't. They don't understand why. They've seen it on MRI's. The person has a normal brain before the illness is triggered. Once triggered it starts in the back of the brain near the cerebellum and spreads to the rest of the brain like a wild fire causing a form of brain damage.

Schizophrenia and autism share the same genes. My moms cousin has a son with schizophrenia and my 1st cousin has a son with autism. So these genes are skipping around in my family. It was said that my grandfathers sister had schizophrenia too. But medical professionals didn't know as much back then.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
this is EXACTLY why we need some kind of universal health care system in america, like other civilized countries......I know some one who was type 1 diabetic diagnosed as a child and as an adult also had seizures gran mal ....he would have them about every 3 months ...... 3 times a year he would get a notice in the mail threatening to take him off disability and a friend would take him down there and be his representative...he was on medication but these conditions were never going to go away......

even with medication he would have seizures ever couple of months, he considered moving to england so he wouldn't have to keep going through this crap...people shouldn;t have to live like this

reply to: wantsome

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You have a PM.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hear Norway is nice

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
spectrum of the unknown about your case

1. you are born with the gene
2. you are born with the gene and a life's event triggered it ( generally this will happen when you are in the 4th grade in elementary school. Teachers will notice it that you no longer can learn and recommend to your parents that you be put into remedial ( or slow learners classroom ) which does not happen these days. That is why teachers today in the elementary level end us saying "fk it, it useless tying to educate students who can not learn like the fast learners ).

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
spectrum of the unknown about your case

1. you are born with the gene
2. you are born with the gene and a life's event triggered it ( generally this will happen when you are in the 4th grade in elementary school. Teachers will notice it that you no longer can learn and recommend to your parents that you be put into remedial ( or slow learners classroom ) which does not happen these days. That is why teachers today in the elementary level end us saying "fk it, it useless tying to educate students who can not learn like the fast learners ).
There are something like 6 types of schizophrenia and several sub types that cross over between other illness's.

In elementary school my teachers complained all I did was stare out the window. The school thought I was slow because I wouldn't do my work. I have my school records. They tested my IQ and my memorization skills were off the charts. On a scale of 1--10 my memory tests were a 10. Although my verbal skills were average. The psychologist noted she had never seen anyone score a perfect 10 on the memory tests. I wasn't doing my school work because I thought it was a waste of time. I could remember everything being taught. I was gifted and I lost it all when I got sick. After getting schizophrenia I could barely tie my own shoes. I had to relearn how to communicate with people all over. My speech and thoughts were extremely disorganized. Knowing what I do now about my IQ tests I'm very bitter. I feel as though I was given a gift and robbed of it.
edit on 13-7-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You are limited by what countries will take you.
Canada for instance would not allow you to live there.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I hear Canada is the place to go.

Every Canadian says they pay little to nothing.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I hear Norway is nice
That's what I hear and I don't mind the colder climate. I've heard the language is really difficult to learn. I'm 20% Norwegian as it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hear Canada is the place to go.

Every Canadian says they pay little to nothing.

Good luck!

Yeah I live 15 minutes away from Canada.

link   

Most countries have far stricter immigration and asylum policies than the US does. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't get my hopes up of legally moving to another country based on your situation.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You are limited by what countries will take you.
Canada for instance would not allow you to live there.
Why is that?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I hear Norway is nice
That's what I hear and I don't mind the colder climate. I've heard the language is really difficult to learn. I'm 20% Norwegian as it is.

People told me that about Japanese, but really it just comes down to commitment to study. It is helpful also to keep your brain focused on a task at hand for someone with your issues I would think. Make your brain grounded and too busy for the crazy.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Many countries will not allow you to take up residence unless you bring a useful skill.

You said in your first sentence that you are disabled so you would be a financial burden to that country. I mentioned Canada earlier. They will not allow you to live there.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Many countries will not allow you to take up residence unless you bring a useful skill.

You said in your first sentence that you are disabled so you would be a financial burden to that country. I mentioned Canada earlier. They will not allow you to live there.
Yeah but applying for asylum and straight up citizenship could fall under different categories. I like hockey that's gotta count for something.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I wish you luck but asylum usually falls in the political refuge category.
Honestly most countries have a much stricter immigration policy than the United States.

Again. I wish you luck.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Make sure you research how much money a country wants you to show up with to be able to live there legally, or if you're required to purchase property to get citizenship.

In the case of Canada, I think it was $25,000 in the bank as proof of ability to support ourselves in the event of a job loss (hubs was trying to hammer out a contract for one of the companies working the Sands many years ago, it didn't pan out) I know many countries require an abode purchase in the neighborhood of $200k, that seems to be the average amount many countries require you to spend on one. Some even require investing in a business (best example I know of this is Colombia, actually)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join