It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes, lets talk about it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Wow! that sounds like the "Honey Badger" of the snake world.

Why do Rattlers and Copperheads stay away from the Black Racer?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

The pictures are 35mm prints, and I don't have any way to scan them here. Plus, I'd have to actually find them again. I took 40-50k pictures while I was living there. (amateur photography hobby).

I used to have a film (negative) scanner which worked awesome and was in the process of converting them all to digital but Canon stopped making drivers when Windows changed versions. Now it's no longer supported.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Cobras work on movement, if you are smart, you won't get bit.

Yeah, well I wasn't about to find out, not with that many agitated snakes in the water like that. There were hundreds of them, most of them small (like 12-16" or so), but some bigger ones. And like I said, there were a BUNCH of them!

I'd call 'not getting out of the truck' as..."smart"!

P.S. I knew most times they must not overly dangerous because the palm oil plantation workers managed to stay alive on a daily basis working in the plantations, but I'm not so sure the snakes would have been so 'neighborly' when they were flooded out like that.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I had quite a few pythons. My biggest was a 9 foot red tail boa. I kept them for years and never got bit once. I even showered with them. I figured it was the fastest way to get us all clean. All of a sudden, I kept having reoccurring dreams of being eaten by a 40 foot anaconda. I had to get rid of them. It’s not just humans. I know dogs hate them instinctively too.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats one fat lady.
I heard she passed away recently.

I like snakes but i have never owned any.
Of course you all know that the snake is the symbol for the kundalini energy in the spine.
Also snakes have been used as phallic symbols in history.
Not to mention the many oracles said to use them as aids in trances.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

You never own a snake, they are just weird roommates.
You can never own a snake, they kind of don't do that.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What's with the hippy dippy talk? Of course you own it. I've owned many since childhood. They might not "connect" with you like a dog or a cat but it's a pet and you most certainly own it.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Its a respect thing, I never have owned a snake, I only room with them.
If you sleep in a room with a 115lb snake, its a respect issue, not an ownership thing.

My fav snake was a tiny little guy, his name was Dave.
LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Also, i don't do hippies either...i have blood running out of my ears as i type.
edit on 14-7-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'm assuming for the same reason some other snakes keep them away: some snakes are resistant to the poison and find rattlers and copperheads quite tasty.

And I don't blame them. Fried rattlesnake is awesome.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'm assuming for the same reason some other snakes keep them away: some snakes are resistant to the poison and find rattlers and copperheads quite tasty.

And I don't blame them. Fried rattlesnake is awesome.

TheRedneck

Tastes like chicken I bet! I think my dad said that once.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The pictures are 35mm prints, and I don't have any way to scan them here. Plus, I'd have to actually find them again. I took 40-50k pictures while I was living there. (amateur photography hobby).

I used to have a film (negative) scanner which worked awesome and was in the process of converting them all to digital but Canon stopped making drivers when Windows changed versions. Now it's no longer supported.

How convenient.
👌🤣

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I have a 4' or so Ball Python, and I'm going to have to say, she agrees with the basis of this thread. She won't hurt anything except food. And very picky when it comes to food. She won't eat anything that she doesn't kill herself, and if it's so much as the wrong color or pattern, she seems to want nothing to do with it. But at the same time, she's as gentle as could be. Never bit at me, struck at me, she just likes to come out and lounge. Very curious as well, and sticks her head out every once in a while to see what's going on, especially if there's a lot of activity near her enclosure. For the most part, she keeps herself hidden, but as they say, a hidden snake is a happy snake.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Tastes like chicken I bet!

In my whole life, I have only found one thing that tastes like chicken: chicken!

The closest I can think of to fried rattlesnake is fried alligator tail. Similar taste, both are very rich meats.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

When people say it tastes like chicken ithink they mean thigh meat and refer more to texture. Gator and rattler are similar and most resemble chicken thigh meat

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Snakes? Lord, I am terrified by them!

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

90% of the chicken I eat is dark meat, and I still don't taste the similarity.

Chicken is not really bland, but it's not rich either. Sort of a medium meat in that respect. Rattler and gator tail are both very rich; they almost assault your taste buds. Of course, a good tomato-based sauce helps a lot too.

I keep saying gator tail instead of just gator because the tail tastes completely different from the body meat. The tail is rich, like I said; gator sausage, which is made from the rest of the gator, is kinda bland and has this weird texture. It's OK, just not my favorite.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

A snake as your avvy?

LOL.

He looks like a beautiful creature, I respect all of them but don't blink an eye on how fast they can mess you up.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Alligator tacos are so effing amazing!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join