It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts say Miami is now the coronavirus epicenter just as Wuhan once was

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
People need to understand how much Americans' health, dietary, tobacco, alcohol, and narcotics have affected how we collective can deal will this. We are in crappy shape compared to the rest of the world. Comparing the US to Japan please, we ate bowls of sugar for breakfast and ate sodium and cholesterol for lunch and dinner, while drinking sugar throughout the day. Sure we have done better these last couple of decades but overall we abused our bodies.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Okay.

Now what?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why are you so focused on the Chinese. You do realize that the person making the statement is a doctor with U of M health Systems. Not Chinese officials right?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Yep
But the comparison made is poo.
So the opinion is poo.

Or do the chinese not lie?

OMFG its just like wuhan!!!!

No
Its really not

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

OK. The comparison is not a good one.

Nothing to do with the chinese lying.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There are reports the virus was identified in OCTOBER.
The chinese have done NOTHING but lie.

So no, nothing is like in wuhan, because we have NO IDEA what actually went on in wuhan.

But the super smart md knows this, right?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: CraftyArrow

And those are the lucky ones. I 100% agree with you that there will be a large percentage of people that will have mild flu symptoms and be fine.

If we want to get over this we need to adopt what they did in Japan that has given them low numbers. Everyone needs to wear a mask no exceptions.

It's not luck, most people are not at risk of getting a severe case of coronavirus, sure we all risk getting it and spreading it to others— but the mask is useless, eventually everyone will get it.

I don't know if you get out and shop/ groceries. I see people playing with their masks all the time, touching their face-then touch groceries etc... it's useless.

I have no problem with wearing a mask... it's just that I know it's useless in public.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Yes I've been out. That's why I carry hand sanitizer on me.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Okay.
Now what?

We need to plow through it, if you are at risk, by all means, use the most stringent protocols, isolate and sterilize Like dealing with an elderly person on chemo. Which my family did almost 2 years with my Dad.

Yes it would be ideal if everybody used a mask but it ain't happening, so ramp up your sterilization procedures. Might need very selective shutdowns here and there so the hospitals are overtaxed. Otherwise, there is not gonna be a vaccine for a while we need to see if there is potential for herd immunity again I'd be willing to bet for every 3 known cases there is 1 unknown case and statistically, in numbers situations such as these, there are it's more like 1 to 3 or 1 to 4.

And I say all this with most of my immediate family at risk LOL including me. Got to plow through it best we can.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

sanitizer is useless too, you would have to be f-n crazy to sanitize your hands every-time you touch something.

that sanitizer isn’t going to do anything if someone with coronavirus coughs or sneezes on you, I have seen people sneeze so hard that their masks comes off their face LOL... also there is the effect where the mask lets out the sneeze from the sides etc..

public places are filled with bits of human debris, you might say it's all secondary transmission etc. whatever... it's all around us, there is no stopping it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
People need to understand how much Americans' health, dietary, tobacco, alcohol, and narcotics have affected how we collective can deal will this. We are in crappy shape compared to the rest of the world. Comparing the US to Japan please, we ate bowls of sugar for breakfast and ate sodium and cholesterol for lunch and dinner, while drinking sugar throughout the day. Sure we have done better these last couple of decades but overall we abused our bodies.

Japanese drink like fishes, lack sleep, smoke like chimneys, and there is no way in the world Japanese diets with all their soy sauces, fermented soy, and other soy products don't consume more sodium than all but the fast-food heaviest American diet. Add in to that the fact that Japanese consume many times more mercury than health experts suggest is safe thanks to their seafood heavy diet, radiation pollution much higher in Japan than virtually any other populated region, and the significantly worse air quality in Japan versus all but the US' largest cities and I think you're way off base.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm doing what I can.
Including respecting others, and wearing a mask for their sake, far more so than mine.
edit on 7/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: putnam6

Japanese drink like fishes, lack sleep, smoke like chimneys, and there is no way in the world Japanese diets with all their soy sauces, fermented soy, and other soy products don't consume more sodium than all but the fast-food heaviest American diet. Add in to that the fact that Japanese consume many times more mercury than health experts suggest is safe thanks to their seafood heavy diet, radiation pollution much higher in Japan than virtually any other populated region, and the significantly worse air quality in Japan versus all but the US' largest cities and I think you're way off base.

Well first there is this from Statistica.

Japan is number 4 healthiest countries in the world 2019 US isn't even in the top 20.

www.statista.com...

I'm not so sure look at obesity here in America, long term obesity from childhood on is rampant. That"s just one point, you can talk about mercury levels LOL not to mention Fukushima LOL but still stats don't lie. To think this doesn't have any effect on the number of COVID cases, hospitalizations, and mortality is just not looking at the complete picture

ideas.repec.org...

Only 3.6 percent of Japanese have a body mass index (BMI) over 30, which is the international standard for obesity, whereas 32.0 percent of Americans do. A total of 66.5 percent of Americans have a BMI over 25, making them overweight, but only 24.7 percent of Japanese. This paper examines the reasons Japan has one of the lowest rates of obesity in the world and the United States one of the highest, giving particular attention to underlying economic factors that might be influenced by policy changes. The average person in Japan consumes over 200 fewer calories per day than the average American. Food prices are substantially higher in Japan, but the traditional Japanese dietary habits, although changing, are also healthier. The Japanese are also far more physically active than Americans, but not because they do more planned physical exercise. They walk more as part of their daily lives. They walk more because the cost of driving an automobile is far higher in Japan, whereas public transportation is typically very convenient, but normally requires more walking than the use of a car. In terms of policy solutions, economic incentives could be structured to encourage Americans to drive less and use public transportation more, which would typically also mean walking more.

edit on 14-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh gee willikers clyde look at this >>>>>>>🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🛑🛑🛑

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospital confirms mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh gee willikers clyde look at this >>>>>>>🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🛑🛑🛑

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospital confirms mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

I can see unintentional mistakes in one or two labs but countless labs saying 100% positivity? Something is rotten in Florida no doubt..
edit on Tue Jul 14 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped quote of article

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm doing what I can.
Including respecting others, and wearing a mask for their sake, far more so than mine.

You are SO self-sacrificing and SO virtuous!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

There is no sacrifice involved.

It's a mask.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's a mask.

It's a scam.

Unless it's an scba.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's a mask.

I AM PHAGE, me and my mask are here to save you all, from me.

Did you forget your mask on this day?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-7-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Countless" is a bit silly. Here, count them yourself. Notice that the testing sites with high positivity rates are sites with low total numbers of tests. Very low numbers of tests.
ww11.doh.state.fl.us...

Oh, look.
Aventus Biolabs: 1 test and it was positive. 100% positivity! Horrors there must be a mistake!

They are antibody test results, known to be problematic, and a small number in comparison to PCR tests. Do you think that only 297,000 tests have been done in Florida?

When states report testing numbers for COVID-19 infection, they should not include serology or antibody tests. Antibody tests are not used to diagnose active COVID-19 infection and they do not provide insights into the number of cases of COVID-19 diagnosed or whether viral testing is sufficient to find infections that are occurring within each state. States that include serology tests within their overall COVID-19 testing numbers are misrepresenting their testing capacity and the extent to which they are working to identify COVID-19 infections within their communities. States that wish to track the number of serology tests being performed should report those numbers separately from viral tests performed to diagnose COVID-19.

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

ETA: The Fox report mentions locations which are not in the antibody testing report. Can anyone find the report that they are talking about?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join