It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media Loves Dr. FAUCI - The White House is Now Discrediting Fauci - Media is LIVID.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
However, if it is aerosolized (which.. come on..) then masks are not an effective measure. Thats not bringing "rights" into it at all, rights are being whittled away at a very concerning pace in other areas though.

The actual studies and research on it are very interesting.. They are great for reducing droplets, not so much for anything else. The only systems that truly protect from transmission in either direction use pressure.

Just felt like discussing masks for a second
check this video at 1:35 to 2:42

I am ignoring people on the internet, and I don't watch television, so I don't even know what CNN, Fox, MSNBC, BBC, etc are saying and programming people. I am getting my info from CDC, medical blogs, etc. That seems the safest bet. The television people seem to think this is a partisan issue in America (forgetting the rest of the world is also dealing with this). The saddest thing is that the people of the united statees are fully on board the partisan crazy train for or against based on what their party is leaning towards in an election year. ATS is a hotbed of crazy...and yahoo comments (where plenty still think 5g towers is the cause...even in places with no 5g towers)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Ksihkehe Hand washing, surface disinfection, isolate symptomatic, and mask up when ill. Why has it changed when the evidence hasn't?

Mask up the ill

Agreed

So, how do you know who is ill in a virus with 80% asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms?

psychic squirrels?

If you aren't symptomatic you aren't coughing particles, right?

Then hand sanitizing and hand washing has it covered.

Come on. This has been public health policy for decades.

Why should I have to wash my hands, cover my face with anything when coughing or sneezing, or not shout loudly in a crowded place! My Freedoms!
If you're afraid of getting sick, stay at home
I will take my flu having arse out in your walmart and pretend I am at a rock concert!

Seems a bit selfish, doesn't it.
If you were next to me in line at a grocery store and seen I looked like death but was coughing and sneezing right next to you with no attempt to cover up, would you be annoyed? get over it. its my freedoms to sneeze in your face.

now, take that annoyance and reflect on how others see you and your mindsets in today. If you talk, air is being pushed out of your lungs. Do you know why they say 6 feet distance? because thats about the range before your lung particles start falling down
But
Coronavirus is airborne it appears.
the WHO is trash
WHO thinking: there is no way this is airborne...we have established since 1930 that all you need to do is wash your hands, etc...basically what you are saying
Evidence: This is airborne.

So, you have your marching orders to hate the WHO
the WHO is also the line you are touting...and they are now even starting to slowly come around that this may in fact be airborne and lingers.

-cough-

I get it..you hate this social distancing stuff and don't want a second round of lockdowns. me too bro, but reality doesn't give one toss what we want.

I see. A bunch of straw men.

Masks are not a freedom issue or political issue. Masks are a science issue. Masks should not be a legal issue.

I acknowledged wearing masks when coughing and sneezing (that's called symptomatic) should be the norm. I acknowledged staying home when symptomatic is better. Both are supported by science. Covid has been assumed to be airborne for a long time. That's not new.

From your own article in Nature.

When SARS-CoV-2 emerged, health officials recommended frequent hand washing and maintaining a physical distance to break droplet and contact transmission routes. And some researchers and clinicians say these approaches are enough. Contact-tracing data support those measures, says Kate Grabowski, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. “The highest-risk contacts are those that are individuals you share a home with or that you’ve been in a confined space with for a substantial period of time, which would lead me to believe it’s probably driven mostly by droplet transmission,” she says, although she says that aerosol transmission might occur on rare occasions.

Nowhere in that article does it say that aerosol transmission is an important transmission pathway under normal circumstances in public. It's a problem situationally with close quarters and poor circulation.

I'm starting to think you don't read your sources.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Soo much information
They have shown that in office settings, people under vents pushing air down at them get infected when someone is sick. This means its being sucked up..you don't need to get sneezed on as it is going through the whole duct system and infecting others.

air conditioning in close offices
Sometime back I read about a office that had a ton of people get sick from a single person that had the wuflu. they tracked how he was under a intake and the pattern of breakouts were where air was being let out. this means the particles from him went up into the system and then blown out around the office on people.

What is the solution? well, I guess a requirement for all businesses to have a upgraded hvac filtration installed would eliminate most of the potential in those regards.

There is an endless amount of data..mountains, so sometimes I will simply grab something assuming what is in the article discusses what is already known to someone asking a question thats a bit basic. I guess I should save the basic article links instead of assuming they are all the same.

Point is though, masks work. In the office setting. hvac could work better than nothing, but a mask will work up to 95% effectiveness.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
What happened is that more than 80% of the human population on the planet were infected and after three years those with antibodies were sufficient to prevent the virus having sufficient available hosts to infect, so the epidemic died out over many years because of the action of herd immunity.

So this isn't a viable result of Covid-19? Most People who get it get mild symptoms at best, very few actually require hospitalization.

The whole point of the stay at home orders and masks is to slow the spread, or "flatten the curve" so to speak. The virus is never going to go away and arguably the quicker we achieve herd immunity the better off everybody will be.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

What happened is that more than 80% of the human population on the planet were infected and after three years those with antibodies were sufficient to prevent the virus having sufficient available hosts to infect, so the epidemic died out over many years because of the action of herd immunity.

So this isn't a viable result of Covid-19? Most People who get it get mild symptoms at best, very few actually require hospitalization.

The whole point of the stay at home orders and masks is to slow the spread, or "flatten the curve" so to speak. The virus is never going to go away and arguably the quicker we achieve herd immunity the better off everybody will be.

No, the quicker we proceed to herd immunity the more will die needlessly. We need to proceed as fast as possible but within the capacity of current healthcare for the worst affected.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well every death is needless in my opinion but viruses don't think. They infect and possibly kill. If we all wore masks for 2+ weeks would this virus go away? It would just die off and be no bother?

Imho this is just another of a huge list of viruses that we will never be able to cure or do away with and only the weakest of immune systems wouldn't be able to counter. But to some shutting down our whole small business economy is going to fix the problem? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: chr0naut

Well every death is needless in my opinion but viruses don't think. They infect and possibly kill. If we all wore masks for 2+ weeks would this virus go away? It would just die off and be no bother?

Imho this is just another of a huge list of viruses that we will never be able to cure or do away with and only the weakest of immune systems wouldn't be able to counter. But to some shutting down our whole small business economy is going to fix the problem? I don't think so.

I agree that we will never 'cure' it, but there are countries who are managing it.

Consider Italy, where they had major issues and how they 'flattened the curve' and it is now manageable. Also look at New Zealand where they have nearly eradicated the virus (for the moment).

We aren't helpless and there is a balance between business sustainability and assured health. You'd think that with America's GDP per capita that they could absorb the business impact better than any other country. But many relatively poor countries are doing so much better.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Soo much information
They have shown that in office settings, people under vents pushing air down at them get infected when someone is sick.

From the study cited in the linked article.

The airflow direction was consistent with droplet transmission. To prevent the spread of the virus in restaurants, we recommend increasing the distance between tables and improving ventilation.

Droplets, later in the study we have

However, none of the staff or other diners in restaurant X were infected. Moreover, the smear samples from the air conditioner were all nucleotide negative. This finding is less consistent with aerosol transmission.

Hmm, but still you said people are 80% asymptomatic so masks should just be worn by everyone anyway. Oops, later in the study

1% of the patients in this outbreak were asymptomatic.

You're having a bad couple days with studies.

There is an endless amount of data..mountains, so sometimes I will simply grab something assuming what is in the article discusses what is already known to someone asking a question thats a bit basic. I guess I should save the basic article links instead of assuming they are all the same.

Questions a bit basic? I would hate to see how you handle complicated questions.

Mountains of data. None of it really has panned out for the "everybody should wear masks all the time" argument though.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just so we're clear here.

We all must wear masks to prevent the spread of covid, because even the tiniest droplets left laying about on objects or even coming from your breath is enough to infect someone. The magic 6 social distance is required to keep the virus at bay.

But for the Drs to test if you had it as the vast vast majority of people who get it have zero symptoms at all, then they need to shove a swab directly into your sinuses to get their tests done to be able to collect enough material and then run more processes on that material to amplify the genetic component to be able to get enough to detect it. But oh I get it, if you had it and are now better they need to run these tests to track you.

Does that sound right?

And this makes sense to anyone? Good Lord humanity is doomed.

As many before me have stated, if you're scared to be out, stay home, if you're scared because I'm not wearing a mask, stay home. You probably shouldn't be here.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: gortex

What?

Trump was among the first to act. Shutting down travel from china. Meanwhile deblasio was telling folks to get out and do stuff and pelosi was shilling fir the san fran tourist industry.

Come on, he 'shut the gate after the horse had bolted' and then kept repeating that there was no problem. It doesn't matter how much he preened and postured, if it did nothing

Pretty nuch, nealy akk the Trump adni claims of stoppin fkights were made up. Plus he entire science of new diseases is to be extra cautious as it has several times greater of bein the right choice,]

Trump repeartedly said it;d magically vanish, promototed drugs the evidennce shhowed it killed nore than takin nothing due to owners shares in the drug,

He blamed his last few months on people with actrual knowkeded and training in maths. Instead of learning basic science as making a basic attempt to save US citizens friom mass needless deaths.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hmm, but still you said people are 80% asymptomatic so masks should just be worn by everyone anyway. Oops, later in the study
---
---

Oh, my apologies, I figured you were a bit more aware about the virus and its current common knowledge statistics. I just assumed you were keeping up. I wasn't aware I had to spoon feed you every single detail. lets start slow then

Full Covid-19 Information Source
From the source

For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infection,
requiring oxygen and 5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation

Now, lets revisit the sentence you think contradicts:
"Patient B3 was afebrile and 1% of the patients in this outbreak were asymptomatic"
In this outbreak
in the outbreak they were discussing at that one company with the air conditioning transmission

Imagine if all the doctors and scientists are right and your right wing low level conspiracy theorist politicians are wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster
Just so we're clear here.

We all must wear masks to prevent the spread of covid, because even the tiniest droplets left laying about on objects or even coming from your breath is enough to infect someone. The magic 6 social distance is required to keep the virus at bay.

But for the Drs to test if you had it as the vast vast majority of people who get it have zero symptoms at all, then they need to shove a swab directly into your sinuses to get their tests done to be able to collect enough material and then run more processes on that material to amplify the genetic component to be able to get enough to detect it. But oh I get it, if you had it and are now better they need to run these tests to track you.

Does that sound right?

And this makes sense to anyone? Good Lord humanity is doomed.

As many before me have stated, if you're scared to be out, stay home, if you're scared because I'm not wearing a mask, stay home. You probably shouldn't be here.

Does your breath come from your lungs or from the very tip of your nose?
edit on 15-7-2020 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

What?

Trump was among the first to act. Shutting down travel from china. Meanwhile deblasio was telling folks to get out and do stuff and pelosi was shilling fir the san fran tourist industry.

Come on, he 'shut the gate after the horse had bolted' and then kept repeating that there was no problem. It doesn't matter how much he preened and postured, if it did nothing

Pretty nuch, nealy akk the Trump adni claims of stoppin fkights were made up. Plus he entire science of new diseases is to be extra cautious as it has several times greater of bein the right choice,]

Trump repeartedly said it;d magically vanish, promototed drugs the evidennce shhowed it killed nore than takin nothing due to owners shares in the drug,

He blamed his last few months on people with actrual knowkeded and training in maths. Instead of learning basic science as making a basic attempt to save US citizens friom mass needless deaths.

Dude, with all respect, reading that nearly gave me a seizure. Is English not your first language? Can you at least run a spellchecker before you hit reply, it took me like 4 times reading through just the first sentence and still not sure what the hell you are trying to say.

Consider spelling mistakes like mumbling. The odd mumble here and there happens but normally context makes it understood. Tons of spelling mistakes makes the entire message just a garbled mess.
Try harder. Not trying to embarass you, just man...up the game.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

---
---

Oh, my apologies, I figured you were a bit more aware about the virus and its current common knowledge statistics. I just assumed you were keeping up. I wasn't aware I had to spoon feed you every single detail. lets start slow then

Full Covid-19 Information Source
From the source

For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infection,
requiring oxygen and 5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation

Now, lets revisit the sentence you think contradicts:
"Patient B3 was afebrile and 1% of the patients in this outbreak were asymptomatic"
In this outbreak
in the outbreak they were discussing at that one company with the air conditioning transmission

Imagine if all the doctors and scientists are right and your right wing low level conspiracy theorist politicians are wrong.

I bet everybody can guess where this is going.

For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic

80% Are MILD or asymptomatic. If asymptomatic is a significant portion why isn't it called out specifically? Still, lets continue.

Secondly, both viruses are transmitted by contact, droplets and fomites. As a result, the same public health measures, such as hand hygiene and good respiratory etiquette (coughing into your elbow or into a tissue and immediately disposing of the tissue), are important actions all can take to prevent infection.

Where are the mask recommendations? Why aren't they recommending them for everybody? Oh, because

while we are learning that there are people who can shed COVID-19 virus 24-48 hours prior to symptom onset, at present, this
does not appear to be a major driver of transmission.

So, transmission prior to symptoms isn't a major driver.

So it appears that many of the doctors and scientists are right, but you're in denial about what they're saying.

I love that you think I'm the mentally disadvantaged party here.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Apparently sending Dr. Fauci to the "Wood Shed" had a beneficial effect. He's no longer insisting that a Covid-19 vaccine will not be available until Spring of 2021.

He's now saying the end of this year....2020. And that we'll probably beat China in the vaccine development race.

www.reuters.com... 2ZY

But, Fauci is still not onboard with the October 2020 time-table that researchers are predicting, due to the block-buster Moderna vaccine effectiveness testing that was revealed this morning.

Moderna's vaccine begins final trial on 7/27/2020: www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Where are the mask recommendations? Why aren't they recommending them for everybody? Oh, because

Here

Masks work. and soon enough your governor will mandate you to wear one when you go into a place. See you on youtube screaming about how you don't have to because you know better than the CDC

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Apparently sending Dr. Fauci to the "Wood Shed" had a beneficial effect. He's no longer insisting that a Covid-19 vaccine will not be available until Spring of 2021.

He's now saying the end of this year....2020. And that we'll probably beat China in the vaccine development race.

www.reuters.com... 2ZY

But, Fauci is still not onboard with the October 2020 time-table that researchers are predicting, due to the block-buster Moderna vaccine effectiveness testing that was revealed this morning.

Moderna's vaccine begins final trial on 7/27/2020: www.cbsnews.com...

I am pleased at their progress

Question though...would you rather him have been saying we will all be fine come summer?
I prefer a grim reality with a better than expected outcome vs sunshine up my butt talk that never happens.

Christ man, Trump was saying we should all be back to normal come Easter...there is a reason he is being tossed to the wolves...his sunshine outlook that has without exception been woefully wrong has made people far more impatient than Fauci saying its gonna be awhile, so adjust...might be a year.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Here

Masks work. and soon enough your governor will mandate you to wear one when you go into a place. See you on youtube screaming about how you don't have to because you know better than the CDC

Masks do work in to help stop the spread in close quarters. Hairdresser should wear masks. Their conclusion, the sources they cite, and their pool of 2 whole hairstylists does not support that the general public should wear masks. I don't know why you're unable to separate masks being very helpful in some situations and the entire public wearing them. They are not the same thing.

Your absurd comments about me being irrational and emotional are to cover the indadaquacy of your argument.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Here

Masks do work in to help stop the spread in close quarters. Hairdresser should wear masks. Their conclusion, the sources they cite, and their pool of 2 whole hairstylists does not support that the general public should wear masks. I don't know why you're unable to separate masks being very helpful in some situations and the entire public wearing them. They are not the same thing.

Your absurd comments about me being irrational and emotional are to cover the indadaquacy of your argument.

I think we might be discussing two different things
I am not saying wear a mask outside...that would be dumb and pointless
more to that point, I think we should all be going to the beach if possible as that seems both safe enough and gives a sense of relaxation.
I've been discussing this whole time close quarters. I figured thats what we were talking about. About to go into a 7/11, toss a mask on before entering...take it off once you exit the building.

If this is what you are also talking about on how that is also unacceptable, then cool..game back on, but you're saying now you agree with this stance? fair enough. we will agree to...agree I guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

What?

Dude, with all respect, reading that nearly gave me a seizure. Is English not your first language? Can you at least run a spellchecker before you hit reply, it took me like 4 times reading through just the first sentence and still not sure what the hell you are trying to say.

Consider spelling mistakes like mumbling. The odd mumble here and there happens but normally context makes it understood. Tons of spelling mistakes makes the entire message just a garbled mess.
Try harder. Not trying to embarass you, just man...up the game.

I'm a native English speaker, writer and an ex journo and scientist -may spelling and grammar went to piddle after being hit by a car and getting tonic clonic epilepsy and and bleed on the brain - Had four siexures this week so on 80 times the dose of relaxant/anaesthic they give you before a major Op in the UK. I highly doubt you felt like you were having a seizure

Due to brain not forming in the womb I did amazing to learn my own name let alone three degrees and worked for various Unis in Pharms, Maths and Physics.

All the statements I made are accurate - just missed a letter in the odd word. The first sentence is pretty obviously 'nearly all the Trump admin claims of stopping flights from China, plus the the whole logical approach to new disease is to approach with caution'. Maybe work on your reading comprehension?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join