It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media Loves Dr. FAUCI - The White House is Now Discrediting Fauci - Media is LIVID.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: carewemust

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

What I believe he should have done is:

I asked what Trump should have done.

Nearly everything you listed is the responsibility of the state or local health officer, school districts, and emergency management. Trump can't control quarantine procedures and school policy in every state. Standing orders from a health officer are required for those decisions.

The states allocate funding from the federal government. Emergency declarations open states to be reimbursed by federal funds beyond their normal federal funds. The federal government should have had better supplies already stockpiled and should have been on rotation since the H1N1 scare in 2009, but the states receive funding yearly to plan for and fund public health preparedness. Aside from masks and ventilators being in short supply initially can you tell me where the federal government has failed to provide?

He failed to coordinate the state and local responses. The threat was national, affecting every states.

Fauchi was advising Trump directly. He wasn't advising each of the 50 states individally. The onus is upon the President to coordinate state responses to a national emergency.

So the answer is a resounding "crickets" to my question about what he should have enacted even though you are the one who first said it?

Has it occurred to you that the CDC was providing guidance? It's still up to the states and local jurisdiction to make the calls. You keep writing these responses like you know how things work and what should happen, but you keep backtracking and changing the answer... dancing around my question as I expected. Your should/would list is almost entirely state and local. You assume the CDC hasn't been coordinating and providing guidance with no evidence because that sounds like it would be Trumps fault.

Why are all these agencies reporting to the President if he's not supposed to use that information in a meaningful way?

Of course, if the purpose of the Presidency is merely to be famous for being famous, then he is doing well.

All what agencies? You don't seem to get it. What agencies reporting to him are supposed to be making local decisions? The CDC provides guidance. They can provide some help, but they don't run the state programs. The stockpile of medical supplies the CDC used to handle is now under HHS, but I already acknowledged they should have been better prepared and not have faced problems providing masks.

You can keeping coming up with ever more vague reasons you think he failed, but the whole argument goes back to what Trump could have enacted. You clearly don't understand how the system works and, big shock to nobody, just blame Trump for everything.

Here are a list of agencies under the executive branch of the US government: List of federal agencies in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CDC is a sub-department of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. I would guess that the President is their ultimate boss. Both the CDC and HHS.

Trump's Fauchi's boss, too.

It all keeps pointing back to Trump.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You're appealing to emotion with the execution nonsense. Grandpa isn't changing his vote unless he's listening to the constant hum of the idiot box. I'll just focus on the "experienced" doctors and scientists and show who is being anti-science.

Trump suggested an untested drug. Trump pushed a drug that hadn't been tested on this strain. It has been tested widely. It's anti-science to suggest that a treatment that showed promise with similar pathogens isn't a viable suggestion. Now that it's been tested we see it would have saved many thousands of lives has it been used earlier and more liberally. Anti-science is rejecting things because of the person that said them.

The experienced scientists and doctors on MSM have changed their story, without any change in the evidence, since the beginning. The sweeping change from no masks unless ill and hand/surface disinfection, then to masks during car rides with your family was not because any evidence had changed. The transmission rate hasn't changed and the way it's transmitted hasn't changed, yet for some reason we're now being told we must wear masks. Some states have even declared it illegal to be without a mask.

Why is any mask fine now, but previously people were told not to wear anything but N95? Why isn't it illegal to not wash your hands? Why isn't there a law about gloves at the store or bank?

The best way to prevent transmission of respiratory illness has been hand washing and surface disinfection, then a mask and isolation if ill... for the entirety of my time in public health. The science hasn't changed. The political agenda did. It is absolutely undeniable. There's decades of public service announcements from the CDC and state health agencies confirming this.

There is no denying it has been made a political issue, but to say it's those not wearing masks that made it so flies in the face of decades of public health messaging. Science doesn't change without evidence, but political agendas do.

1) They watch fox news all day and night. They also noted the discussion changing to where it is economy over lives and given the age in question, they aren't a fan.
Yeah yeah, the "you quarantine the sick" but when the ups driver may be asymptomatic, you have an issue
2) just read a ffffing article already trump meds don't work
3) any mask is better than no mask. if you are going to be close to people, try to use a N95 if they are available. I genuinely am not sure how this is confusing to a very specific part of the united states population...must be something in the water.
The rest of what you wrote is stupid...just...stupid. Not worth the time to discuss really when I could have more success teaching my cat quantum physics.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats want a full blown shut down and complete financial break down.

They (and their PR and crisis managers) think it's the only way to win 2020 😎

If only Democrat voters had chosen someone with a normal mind to run against President Trump. They wouldn't be trying so damn hard to cheat!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This afternoon, Dr. Fauci says Covid-19 is surging because the nation didn't 100% fully shut down.

www.cnbc.com...

So I guess he wants a complete shut-down now? Even though the "surge" is just the wave that went through the Northeast/Midwest earlier in the year, arriving in the South and West?

It is apparently surging particularly in Miami, but aside from that, the numbers keep increasing arithmetically across the US.

You must not be looking at statistics. Deaths in the USA have been decreasing since their peak in late April.
Source: www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A few things to add.

"Operating at capacity" as the hospitals are stating is a bit misleading. It's true that they're stretched thin on staff and beds but when this first hit big. many (if not most) hospitals SCALED BACK available capacity and staff. They're now operating at half-speed so to speak.
To use an analogy, if you had a repair shop with 5 bays in it. Business was slow (elective procedures are cancelled) so you close the doors on 3 of the doors and furlough the folks that worked in those bays. You then get slammed but only have 2 bays to work with. You are now operating at full capacity.
Ask any friends/relatives this. If they work at a large, in-patient hospital, ask them if they've reduced the available capacity due to restricted procedures in order to make functional resources available for COVID patients. Ask them how many empty floors/wards there are.

I don't trust the numbers. A few weeks ago a friend (he's a vascular surgeon) said that if a patient is admitted and tests positive, every day that they're in a bed counts as a NEW CASE.

Fortunately I don't know anybody personally who's died. I know 2 people who tested positive and experienced minor symptoms (fatigue, low-grade fever) for 2-3 days and have since recovered completely.

The fact that there are multiple agencies reporting numbers should raise a huge red flag

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

You are WISE. It's what the Media does NOT mention that points to the HOAX aspect of the Covid-19 hysteria.

For example, the CDC says only 8% of hospital beds are occupied by Covid-19 patients.

www.cdc.gov...

Like we said in March, April, May, etc.. definitely not worth closing down a state, or the country over.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This afternoon, Dr. Fauci says Covid-19 is surging because the nation didn't 100% fully shut down.

www.cnbc.com...

So I guess he wants a complete shut-down now? Even though the "surge" is just the wave that went through the Northeast/Midwest earlier in the year, arriving in the South and West?

It is apparently surging particularly in Miami, but aside from that, the numbers keep increasing arithmetically across the US.

You must not be looking at statistics. Deaths in the USA have been decreasing since their peak in late April.
Source: www.worldometers.info...

Yes, deaths were reducing for more than a month and new infections were fairly linear at that time. Now, recently, the number of confirmed infections has begun to climb, going from an average of about 20,000 new cases per day to more than 60,000 new cases per day, in less than a week. The consequence of that, in terms of mortality, won't be apparent until about 14 days afterward.

The mortality ratio of the virus should also come down as it mutates. Natural selection will promote strains that are more infectious, but less deadly. However, if the number of cases pushes past the ability to deal with medical care cases, mortality will climb again.

edit on 13/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

You're appealing to emotion with the execution nonsense. Grandpa isn't changing his vote unless he's listening to the constant hum of the idiot box. I'll just focus on the "experienced" doctors and scientists and show who is being anti-science.

Trump suggested an untested drug. Trump pushed a drug that hadn't been tested on this strain. It has been tested widely. It's anti-science to suggest that a treatment that showed promise with similar pathogens isn't a viable suggestion. Now that it's been tested we see it would have saved many thousands of lives has it been used earlier and more liberally. Anti-science is rejecting things because of the person that said them.

The experienced scientists and doctors on MSM have changed their story, without any change in the evidence, since the beginning. The sweeping change from no masks unless ill and hand/surface disinfection, then to masks during car rides with your family was not because any evidence had changed. The transmission rate hasn't changed and the way it's transmitted hasn't changed, yet for some reason we're now being told we must wear masks. Some states have even declared it illegal to be without a mask.

Why is any mask fine now, but previously people were told not to wear anything but N95? Why isn't it illegal to not wash your hands? Why isn't there a law about gloves at the store or bank?

The best way to prevent transmission of respiratory illness has been hand washing and surface disinfection, then a mask and isolation if ill... for the entirety of my time in public health. The science hasn't changed. The political agenda did. It is absolutely undeniable. There's decades of public service announcements from the CDC and state health agencies confirming this.

There is no denying it has been made a political issue, but to say it's those not wearing masks that made it so flies in the face of decades of public health messaging. Science doesn't change without evidence, but political agendas do.

2) just read a ffffing article already trump meds don't work
3) any mask is better than no mask. if you are going to be close to people, try to use a N95 if they are available. I genuinely am not sure how this is confusing to a very specific part of the united states population...must be something in the water.
The rest of what you wrote is stupid...just...stupid. Not worth the time to discuss really when I could have more success teaching my cat quantum physics.

2) I don't believe you read the study. You threw it out there assuming the article stub was enough to be convincing. Even reading the abstract you would quickly realize this is not a comprehensive study of patient outcomes. In fact it doesn't even talk about patient outcomes. You are either trying to mislead or don't understand the study.

3) Was your cat a professional employed in quantum physics? I guess that's the difference. You're saying it's stupid because you can't refute it. My statement is completely factual and was widely agreed upon until just the past 2 months. Hand washing, surface disinfection, isolate symptomatic, and mask up when ill. Why has it changed when the evidence hasn't?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

What I believe he should have done is:

I asked what Trump should have done.

Nearly everything you listed is the responsibility of the state or local health officer, school districts, and emergency management. Trump can't control quarantine procedures and school policy in every state. Standing orders from a health officer are required for those decisions.

The states allocate funding from the federal government. Emergency declarations open states to be reimbursed by federal funds beyond their normal federal funds. The federal government should have had better supplies already stockpiled and should have been on rotation since the H1N1 scare in 2009, but the states receive funding yearly to plan for and fund public health preparedness. Aside from masks and ventilators being in short supply initially can you tell me where the federal government has failed to provide?

He failed to coordinate the state and local responses. The threat was national, affecting every states.

Fauchi was advising Trump directly. He wasn't advising each of the 50 states individally. The onus is upon the President to coordinate state responses to a national emergency.

So the answer is a resounding "crickets" to my question about what he should have enacted even though you are the one who first said it?

Has it occurred to you that the CDC was providing guidance? It's still up to the states and local jurisdiction to make the calls. You keep writing these responses like you know how things work and what should happen, but you keep backtracking and changing the answer... dancing around my question as I expected. Your should/would list is almost entirely state and local. You assume the CDC hasn't been coordinating and providing guidance with no evidence because that sounds like it would be Trumps fault.

Why are all these agencies reporting to the President if he's not supposed to use that information in a meaningful way?

Of course, if the purpose of the Presidency is merely to be famous for being famous, then he is doing well.

All what agencies? You don't seem to get it. What agencies reporting to him are supposed to be making local decisions? The CDC provides guidance. They can provide some help, but they don't run the state programs. The stockpile of medical supplies the CDC used to handle is now under HHS, but I already acknowledged they should have been better prepared and not have faced problems providing masks.

You can keeping coming up with ever more vague reasons you think he failed, but the whole argument goes back to what Trump could have enacted. You clearly don't understand how the system works and, big shock to nobody, just blame Trump for everything.

Here are a list of agencies under the executive branch of the US government: List of federal agencies in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The CDC is a sub-department of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. I would guess that the President is their ultimate boss. Both the CDC and HHS.

Trump's Fauchi's boss, too.

It all keeps pointing back to Trump.

All the other departments don't matter. Obviously I meant what agencies that have an impact on Covid response. We have come full circle to where I acknowledged that Trumps HHS dropped the ball on PPE in the stockpile.

We have come full circle to you not coming through with any things Trump could have enacted.

What he said or didn't say isn't what you said in your first post. Just accept that it's a lot easier to say "he said, he didn't say" than it is to come up with a tangible thing he could have enacted to accomplish your list of policies that are local and state jurisdictional decisions. If you want to discuss the idiot circus press conferences that's a completely different issue.
edit on 7/13/20 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I'll take Fauci's experience and education over Trump's any day of the week when it comes to this pandemic. It isn't even close.

Why? Anyone can say one thing and then the opposite. That’s all Fauci has done.
edit on 14-7-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You don't know that.
Didn't his granddad die from the Spanish flu which mysteriously disappeared.

Perhaps his opinion is affected by that.

But seriously... If you're looking to Trump for medical advice then you are stupider than the people who didn't vote for him.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe Hand washing, surface disinfection, isolate symptomatic, and mask up when ill. Why has it changed when the evidence hasn't?

Mask up the ill

Agreed

So, how do you know who is ill in a virus with 80% asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms?

psychic squirrels?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe Hand washing, surface disinfection, isolate symptomatic, and mask up when ill. Why has it changed when the evidence hasn't?

Mask up the ill

Agreed

So, how do you know who is ill in a virus with 80% asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms?

psychic squirrels?

If you aren't symptomatic you aren't coughing particles, right?

Then hand sanitizing and hand washing has it covered.

Come on. This has been public health policy for decades.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Mask up the ill

Agreed

psychic squirrels?

If you aren't symptomatic you aren't coughing particles, right?

Then hand sanitizing and hand washing has it covered.

Come on. This has been public health policy for decades.

Why should I have to wash my hands, cover my face with anything when coughing or sneezing, or not shout loudly in a crowded place! My Freedoms!
If you're afraid of getting sick, stay at home
I will take my flu having arse out in your walmart and pretend I am at a rock concert!

Seems a bit selfish, doesn't it.
If you were next to me in line at a grocery store and seen I looked like death but was coughing and sneezing right next to you with no attempt to cover up, would you be annoyed? get over it. its my freedoms to sneeze in your face.

now, take that annoyance and reflect on how others see you and your mindsets in today. If you talk, air is being pushed out of your lungs. Do you know why they say 6 feet distance? because thats about the range before your lung particles start falling down
But
Coronavirus is airborne it appears.
the WHO is trash
WHO thinking: there is no way this is airborne...we have established since 1930 that all you need to do is wash your hands, etc...basically what you are saying
Evidence: This is airborne.

So, you have your marching orders to hate the WHO
the WHO is also the line you are touting...and they are now even starting to slowly come around that this may in fact be airborne and lingers.

-cough-

I get it..you hate this social distancing stuff and don't want a second round of lockdowns. me too bro, but reality doesn't give one toss what we want.
edit on 14-7-2020 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You don't know that.
Didn't his granddad die from the Spanish flu which mysteriously disappeared.

... after killing somewhere between 17-50 million people worldwide in four major 'waves', over three years. It still didn't actually just go away.

What happened is that more than 80% of the human population on the planet were infected and after three years those with antibodies were sufficient to prevent the virus having sufficient available hosts to infect, so the epidemic died out over many years because of the action of herd immunity.

Perhaps his opinion is affected by that.

Perhaps a stray gamma particle went through his cerebellum and triggered a whole line of dormant neurons to fire and the novelty of having a thought made him believe that he reasoned it out, or that God told him, or something.

But seriously... If you're looking to Trump for medical advice then you are stupider than the people who didn't vote for him.

Ah ha! But there is some anecdotal evidence that the same people who voted for him, are also liable take his advice. Due to their intellectual grasp which prompted both actions.

I can also assure you that pretty much all the 'stable geniuses' of renown and human history have not voted for Trump.

LOL

edit on 14/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

** ding ding ding ** we have a winner here folks for the comment most grossly understated.

wish you well over there pal.......switch off the tv & lying filth though maybe. All the best.

(post by fotsyfots removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You need your scientists to reverse engineer that mofo fugly mask Peloosi struts around in.....she's had that thing on for nigh a century now & still kicking !

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots
You need your scientists to reverse engineer that mofo fugly mask Peloosi struts around in.....she's had that thing on for nigh a century now & still kicking !

Oh, her face?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I maintain that the WHO knows exactly what it is doing, right alongside their US ancillaries.

However, if it is aerosolized (which.. come on..) then masks are not an effective measure. Thats not bringing "rights" into it at all, rights are being whittled away at a very concerning pace in other areas though.

The actual studies and research on it are very interesting.. They are great for reducing droplets, not so much for anything else. The only systems that truly protect from transmission in either direction use pressure.

Perhaps more importantly are the more broad knowns about the topic, as well as the unknowns. We know that untrained individuals, particularly kids, will do everything from wear them improperly to fidget with their face more. They also interfere with the respiratory process, and compromise immune function.

Something that could be helpful would be a further exploration of what wearing a mask does for viral load as well.

What we dont know is how this practice will actually affect the population at large. Many "think" they have insight into it, with regards to populations that have adopted it for years.. But making assumptions of correlation there may be entirely missing some critical factors. In other words, those populations may be doing well in spite of the masks.

All that said, there are a plethora of things that have mounting evidence of connection to severity. They tend to range from the very simple (Vit D insufficiency/deficiency) to more complex topics (diet resulting in conditions like metabolic syndrome).

I believe we are dealing with a very, very real health crisis. What concerns me even more is that the measures we are taking are likely to exacerbate the general crisis under the guise of making some charts look better for a single pathogen. And.. even there.. its efficacy is uncertain at best. Without a purified form of the virus, imroper testing platforms, and solely looking at antibodies.. It seems to me shenanigans are afoot. The whole paradigm of "wait til it gets bad, then deliver medical treatment" is trouble.

Given the general agendas of organizations like the WHO, World Bank, World Economic Forum, etc. what seems like ineptitude facilitates their stated plans quite clearly.

Our public health officials, both in the US and abroad, havent cared about actual public health for years. The conflicts of interest alone are suspect, much less the decades of history that exist outside their marketing.

ETA: My guess would be that they will start the "airborne marketing" to more easily enact lockdowns for the next stages of the Plan. I wouldnt be surprised, at all, to see it marketed as some new mutation that resulted from the lack of mask use.
edit on 14-7-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join