It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media Loves Dr. FAUCI - The White House is Now Discrediting Fauci - Media is LIVID.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

The crisis is ongoing, Trump can still get things happening, but he'll have to do something (probably several things) different than he has so far.

The 'crisis' is a creature of MSM and Fauci.

With the amount of testing being 3 or 4 times higher now than it was even a few months ago, the number of cases discovered MUST be higher. Some act shocked and surprised, but the two go hand in hand.

The "crisis" is nothing but flawed and falsified data.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I think we're at a point where Dr. Fauci is about to be EXPOSED as more than just incompetent.

Please remind me , who is more than just incompetent again ?

Dr. Fauci is being used as a scapegoat by President Dumb to distract from his staggering incompetence , unsurprisingly it's left to you to lap it up and propagate his BS.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

When you are in a position to be the person labelling such, i'd bet predicting it is as easy to self fulfillment.

If he's so smart why didn't he predict that no wearing masks just to save a few lives in NYC was goign to cause the entire country to spiral out of control and costs many more lives?

He is negligent. And needs to be fired.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If he's so smart why didn't he predict that no wearing masks just to save a few lives in NYC was goign to cause the entire country to spiral out of control and costs many more lives?

Because the dismissal of the dangers in the early days of the crisis by Trump led to the entire country spiraling out of control , New York wasn't the only city infected so isn't the only reason your country is being hit so hard.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Fauci can redeem himself by taking proactive measures with the plague that was just discovered in Colorado.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Because the dismissal of the dangers in the early days of the crisis by Trump led to the entire country spiraling out of control , New York wasn't the only city infected so isn't the only reason your country is being hit so hard.

What you're suggesting is that health officers, doctors, committed mapractice in failing to act. They had the same information as Trump and Fauci about the virus. Health officers have very broad powers during a public health emergency. They have them because they are supposed to be competent. They aren't just waiting for orders. They make the orders.

It's fine to say Trump is an idiot, but this isn't just stupid political stuff. This is people obligated to act like autonomous professionals and those responsibilities don't get excused by the actions of another even if it's the POTUS.

I don't think they should have acted to impose more restrictions earlier. If you do then it's an indictment against the health officers in local and state positions. You may want to consider the implications of your accusations. If the response was a failure at local levels then you can't assign blame without most of it landing on those given the power to act.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

Now , instead of using partial numbers you have heard on the US news , use some math skills and put those numbers in context.
Denying ignorance.
Why ?
Why do folks only use "part" of the equation ? To look scarier ?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What?

Trump was among the first to act. Shutting down travel from china. Meanwhile deblasio was telling folks to get out and do stuff and pelosi was shilling fir the san fran tourist industry.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you are concerned about freedom perhaps you should consider the US's existing incarceration rate? It was never a 'free' country in the first place.

I can actually process two issues at the same time, thanks, and locking people up with enforcement is basically incarceration as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

What I believe he should have done is:

I asked what Trump should have done.

Nearly everything you listed is the responsibility of the state or local health officer, school districts, and emergency management. Trump can't control quarantine procedures and school policy in every state. Standing orders from a health officer are required for those decisions.

The states allocate funding from the federal government. Emergency declarations open states to be reimbursed by federal funds beyond their normal federal funds. The federal government should have had better supplies already stockpiled and should have been on rotation since the H1N1 scare in 2009, but the states receive funding yearly to plan for and fund public health preparedness. Aside from masks and ventilators being in short supply initially can you tell me where the federal government has failed to provide?

He failed to coordinate the state and local responses. The threat was national, affecting every states.

Fauchi was advising Trump directly. He wasn't advising each of the 50 states individally. The onus is upon the President to coordinate state responses to a national emergency.

So the answer is a resounding "crickets" to my question about what he should have enacted even though you are the one who first said it?

Has it occurred to you that the CDC was providing guidance? It's still up to the states and local jurisdiction to make the calls. You keep writing these responses like you know how things work and what should happen, but you keep backtracking and changing the answer... dancing around my question as I expected. Your should/would list is almost entirely state and local. You assume the CDC hasn't been coordinating and providing guidance with no evidence because that sounds like it would be Trumps fault.

Why are all these agencies reporting to the President if he's not supposed to use that information in a meaningful way?

Of course, if the purpose of the Presidency is merely to be famous for being famous, then he is doing well.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This afternoon, Dr. Fauci says Covid-19 is surging because the nation didn't 100% fully shut down.

www.cnbc.com...

So I guess he wants a complete shut-down now? Even though the "surge" is just the wave that went through the Northeast/Midwest earlier in the year, arriving in the South and West?

edit on 7/13/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19....

A very inaccurate number, but it seems it fits your narrative that COVID-19 is close to 5% death rate... The illogical thought you keep preaching that the only people who can possibly have/had it is confirmed cases is getting old...

That number of 3.3 million has zero meaning outside of total testing. Penn State and others are saying that back in March there was 80 times the number, so well over 10 million back in the first part of March. I asked the question back then of how does it get into nursing homes if it isn't already wide spread, and now they are saying across a vast number of medical institutions the 80 times... sample testing in NTC alone is suggesting 30% of the city has had it, so there is 3+ million right there.

COVID-19 spreads faster than the normal FLU and about 60 million get that in the US per year, so what do you think COVID-19 is right now...lol

I provided links to where I got those numbers from.

As previously pointed out, you can change the numbers around with all sorts of estimates (Johns Hopkins uses confirmed case numbers) but the total number of fatalities remains a concern despite the less relevant statistical juggling.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

He "predicted" it because he slipped up and knew there was a "Plan-B" waiting in the wings with disposable identities and everything else 😎

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Opinion noted. Until there is EVIDENCE revealed by reputable authority, personal opinions are all any of us have.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Democrats want a full blown shut down and complete financial break down.

They (and their PR and crisis managers) think it's the only way to win 2020 😎

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

What you're suggesting is that health officers, doctors, committed mapractice in failing to act. They had the same information as Trump and Fauci about the virus. Health officers have very broad powers during a public health emergency. They have them because they are supposed to be competent. They aren't just waiting for orders. They make the orders.

It's fine to say Trump is an idiot, but this isn't just stupid political stuff. This is people obligated to act like autonomous professionals and those responsibilities don't get excused by the actions of another even if it's the POTUS.

I don't think they should have acted to impose more restrictions earlier. If you do then it's an indictment against the health officers in local and state positions. You may want to consider the implications of your accusations. If the response was a failure at local levels then you can't assign blame without most of it landing on those given the power to act.

When it came down to it, there were major shortages of PPE right across the US that the authorities simply just 'talked it down' without providing a solution or a prioritized response.

When Trump said "everyone can get tested", there were no test kits, and the approvals for new tests were over a month away from becoming a reality.

And all through it, Trump continued to repeat that "it will just go away". It hasn't.

Other countries, with just as much unpreparedness, turned the situation around - they 'flattened the curve' and some have even nearly eradicated the virus. It is against that, that one could easily compare the US's response and find it lacking.

edit on 13/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What?

Trump was among the first to act. Shutting down travel from china. Meanwhile deblasio was telling folks to get out and do stuff and pelosi was shilling fir the san fran tourist industry.

Come on, he 'shut the gate after the horse had bolted' and then kept repeating that there was no problem. It doesn't matter how much he preened and postured, if it did nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This afternoon, Dr. Fauci says Covid-19 is surging because the nation didn't 100% fully shut down.

www.cnbc.com...

So I guess he wants a complete shut-down now? Even though the "surge" is just the wave that went through the Northeast/Midwest earlier in the year, arriving in the South and West?

It is apparently surging particularly in Miami, but aside from that, the numbers keep increasing arithmetically across the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats want a full blown shut down and complete financial break down.

They (and their PR and crisis managers) think it's the only way to win 2020 😎

It has almost nothing to do with party affiliation, for goodness sakes!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

What I believe he should have done is:

I asked what Trump should have done.

Nearly everything you listed is the responsibility of the state or local health officer, school districts, and emergency management. Trump can't control quarantine procedures and school policy in every state. Standing orders from a health officer are required for those decisions.

The states allocate funding from the federal government. Emergency declarations open states to be reimbursed by federal funds beyond their normal federal funds. The federal government should have had better supplies already stockpiled and should have been on rotation since the H1N1 scare in 2009, but the states receive funding yearly to plan for and fund public health preparedness. Aside from masks and ventilators being in short supply initially can you tell me where the federal government has failed to provide?

He failed to coordinate the state and local responses. The threat was national, affecting every states.

Fauchi was advising Trump directly. He wasn't advising each of the 50 states individally. The onus is upon the President to coordinate state responses to a national emergency.

So the answer is a resounding "crickets" to my question about what he should have enacted even though you are the one who first said it?

Has it occurred to you that the CDC was providing guidance? It's still up to the states and local jurisdiction to make the calls. You keep writing these responses like you know how things work and what should happen, but you keep backtracking and changing the answer... dancing around my question as I expected. Your should/would list is almost entirely state and local. You assume the CDC hasn't been coordinating and providing guidance with no evidence because that sounds like it would be Trumps fault.

Why are all these agencies reporting to the President if he's not supposed to use that information in a meaningful way?

Of course, if the purpose of the Presidency is merely to be famous for being famous, then he is doing well.

All what agencies? You don't seem to get it. What agencies reporting to him are supposed to be making local decisions? The CDC provides guidance. They can provide some help, but they don't run the state programs. The stockpile of medical supplies the CDC used to handle is now under HHS, but I already acknowledged they should have been better prepared and not have faced problems providing masks.

You can keeping coming up with ever more vague reasons you think he failed, but the whole argument goes back to what Trump could have enacted. You clearly don't understand how the system works and, big shock to nobody, just blame Trump for everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join