It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media Loves Dr. FAUCI - The White House is Now Discrediting Fauci - Media is LIVID.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Today people are walking around with bandanas and home made masks made out of socks...

Wait. What? Socks?

So when my old man told me to put a sock in it he was actually qualified enough to give out medical advice?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

what about people with homes that share ventilation with other units like apartments. Are they safer at home breathing the same air that everyone else in their building breathes?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12

ACtually ten percent of the population has COvid according to the CDC antibody test, thus, the fatality rate is nearly zero. This is a nothing burger and people need to move and stop fear mongering.

I know plenty close friends and coworkers with covid and none died and none symptoms are worst than the flu. Sure there are dead people but we can find dead people with the flu too if we really wanted to.

People are dying of COVID-19 complications at a faster rate than the flu.

The more who infected, the more will die, even if the infection rate is greater by a factor of ten because of unreportage, then the case mortality rate is one tenth of the 4.2%, but overall the same number of people die.

If the numbers of dead are of concern before we accept the ten fold increase in infections, the numbers of dead don't change after we accept the new figures. Your argument hold no water.

edit on 13/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

apparently. hav eyou see the video? You cut the closed end off, then cut to fashion loops out of it. Cut the elastic end off, and cut loops in there too. Then you can walk around smelling your feet all day.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jesus H. Christ. I can't even.

We're friggin' doomed as a species.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You can't even? Here, let me help. An instructional video. Don't even need sewing:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

-------------------her------------------------------>
(the Deep End)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

a reply to: carewemust

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

Seriously? It likely prevented hundreds of thousands if not more initial infections that would have resulted in many more deaths and many hospitals dealing with that aftermath like NYC and Detroit did.

At least make a reasonable argument and not just anti-Trump comments. Your TDS is stunning and you're not even American.

No, the infection was already in country. Closing the initial point of entry afterwards did nothing to stop the existing spread.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Posted in another thread by Darage.

The CARES act was introduced to congress on January 24th, 2019. YES, you read that right.

7 minute very informative video.

brandnewtube.com...

It ain’t called a plandemic for nothin.

This thing has been going around for many weeks from various sources. I even did a double-take when I first read about it.

It's was added under an existing bill. This article explains it. I don't trust the source, but I previously researched it and this article explains it fairly well.

Congress could barely react to Covid after it happened. They certainly aren't competent enough to plan it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19 Coronavirus and 4.2% of the infected have died of it.

This source, referring to data from the CDC, says that the fatality rate for COVID-19 is likely closer to .26%. Not to split hairs, but your estimate is something like 16 times higher than the likely actual.

The range of estimates put the fatality rate for those showing symptoms between 0.2%-1%, with a "best estimate" of 0.4%. It also places the number of asymptomatic cases between 20%-50%, with a "best estimate" of 35%. By combining the two estimates, the estimated overall fatality rate of those infected with the virus – with and without symptoms – would be 0.26%.

COVID-19 Mortality Rate is 4 Percent - Not

Put another way, over 99.7% of the people who are infected with this virus will survive...and yet Fauci and his like-minded colleagues (and Democrats) would have us all hiding out in caves for another year and a half, while watching our economies, businesses and jobs - from a safe social distance of course! - being destroyed.

Fauci is just another example of the rampant nanny state, that thinks they can eliminate all risks inherent to human existence...all we have to do is to blindly follow every one of their directives, abandon all of our rights and freedoms, and accept that if Fauci says we need to stay in our homes for 180 days we bleeping-well better do it.

I'd go with the John's Hopkins figures, based upon confirmed numbers, however, you may fudge the figures however you want. The total number of dead remains fairly definite.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Trump has repeatedly insisted that it was all "just going to go away". He is, and was, wrong.

Blaming people, especially the ones who were warning the American public of the danger, won't fix anything.

Fauchi advised the President but had no power to enact anything. The President was in the position and had the responsibility to enact things, not Fauchi.

The crisis is ongoing, Trump can still get things happening, but he'll have to do something (probably several things) different than he has so far.

Sorry to ruin your agenda, but as of two days ago the US showed 138k deaths and more than 1.5m recoveries, which is a lot less than the 4.2% death rate you erroneously list.

www.worldometers.info...?%22%20%5Cl%20%22countries%3Ca%20href=

The case-fatality ratio is based upon the numbers of confirmed infected who die, not on those who recover. If you take the two graphs from your worldometer link and overlay them assuming a 14 day time to mortality, from initial detection of infection, then you will see that care has improved but the recent increases in infections indicate that the death rate is likely to overwhelm the advances made in care.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...and probably some sort of enforcement or inducement to not break quarantine.

Lovely. Just the kind of anti-freedom stuff I love to hear.

Why not put them in a boxcar and just send them somewhere else to have the problem handled?

Because quarantine is temporary and you are taking good care of those quarantined.

If you are concerned about freedom perhaps you should consider the US's existing incarceration rate? It was never a 'free' country in the first place.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

what about people with homes that share ventilation with other units like apartments. Are they safer at home breathing the same air that everyone else in their building breathes?

Obviously, when the evaluation of the suitability of accommodation for quarantine is done, such things need to be taken into consideration. If the accommodation doesn't come up to scratch, something else should be considered for the duration.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
When he said don't wear masks it gave him and friends to invest into them compenies that make them. Trump and family didn't invest in them. I've been telling you folks the world is full of trickery.

Fauci's advice also served to give an initial push for spreading Coronavirus.. leading to panic, fear, and locking down the US economy.

PURE EVIL.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you are concerned about freedom perhaps you should consider the US's existing incarceration rate? It was never a 'free' country in the first place.

I can actually process two issues at the same time, thanks, and locking people up with enforcement is basically incarceration as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Not that I expect anything but dancing around the subject, but what do you suppose he could have enacted? Lockdowns of states? More testing?

Bonus question: what action could Trump take that wouldn't cause pushback like travel restrictions did?

He enacted the travel restrictions. Look at the statistics, It did nothing.

What I believe he should have done is:

I asked what Trump should have done.

Nearly everything you listed is the responsibility of the state or local health officer, school districts, and emergency management. Trump can't control quarantine procedures and school policy in every state. Standing orders from a health officer are required for those decisions.

The states allocate funding from the federal government. Emergency declarations open states to be reimbursed by federal funds beyond their normal federal funds. The federal government should have had better supplies already stockpiled and should have been on rotation since the H1N1 scare in 2009, but the states receive funding yearly to plan for and fund public health preparedness. Aside from masks and ventilators being in short supply initially can you tell me where the federal government has failed to provide?

He failed to coordinate the state and local responses. The threat was national, affecting every states.

Fauchi was advising Trump directly. He wasn't advising each of the 50 states individally. The onus is upon the President to coordinate state responses to a national emergency.

So the answer is a resounding "crickets" to my question about what he should have enacted even though you are the one who first said it?

Has it occurred to you that the CDC was providing guidance? It's still up to the states and local jurisdiction to make the calls. You keep writing these responses like you know how things work and what should happen, but you keep backtracking and changing the answer... dancing around my question as I expected. Your should/would list is almost entirely state and local. You assume the CDC hasn't been coordinating and providing guidance with no evidence because that sounds like it would be Trumps fault.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: musicismagic
When he said don't wear masks it gave him and friends to invest into them compenies that make them. Trump and family didn't invest in them. I've been telling you folks the world is full of trickery.

Fauci's advice also served to give an initial push for spreading Coronavirus.. leading to panic, fear, and locking down the US economy.

PURE EVIL.

This is exactly correct, and his excuse is as big a load of nonsense as any 17 year old would shovel after returning home at 3am.

If people would be willing to stop opening their businesses, they absolutely would have avoided buying PPE in mass numbers. If nothing else, he had an obligation to try. What he did was sacrifice the entire nation for NYC. Bastard.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I get the feeling Chronaut is not a US citizen, and doesn't understand how limited the president is when it comes to the states. There was not much more he could do other than extend offers of aid and support, which Gavin Newsom of California said was solid.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

At this point in time, 1% of all Americans have been, or are infected with the COVID-19....

A very inaccurate number, but it seems it fits your narrative that COVID-19 is close to 5% death rate... The illogical thought you keep preaching that the only people who can possibly have/had it is confirmed cases is getting old...

That number of 3.3 million has zero meaning outside of total testing. Penn State and others are saying that back in March there was 80 times the number, so well over 10 million back in the first part of March. I asked the question back then of how does it get into nursing homes if it isn't already wide spread, and now they are saying across a vast number of medical institutions the 80 times... sample testing in NTC alone is suggesting 30% of the city has had it, so there is 3+ million right there.

COVID-19 spreads faster than the normal FLU and about 60 million get that in the US per year, so what do you think COVID-19 is right now...lol

edit on 13-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I get the feeling Chronaut is not a US citizen, and doesn't understand how limited the president is when it comes to the states. There was not much more he could do other than extend offers of aid and support, which Gavin Newsom of California said was solid.

He is from that kind of weird country near Australia. All his posts kind of make sense now don't they...lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join