It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israeli Spy Pollard Fights Life Sentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Almost two decades into his life term, Jonathan Pollard is still fighting to have his conviction overturned. Pollard who was convicted of spying for Israel is claiming that his lawyer failed to represent him properly. Israel continues to press Washington for his release. Israel attempted to use its signature on the accord with the Palestinian Authority as leverage in the Clinton administration.

story.news.yahoo.com[/ url]
WASHINGTON - Eighteen years into a life prison term, convicted spy Jonathan Pollard is struggling in the U.S. court system to overturn his sentence, reviving a case that has long strained relations between the United States and Israel.

A federal appeals court hears a plea Tuesday from Pollard's lawyers — and will consider the Justice Department's rebuttal that Pollard got what he deserved.

The two-decade-old case damaged U.S.-Israeli relations, and the Israeli government has continued to press the issue with the Bush administration. In the 1990s, Israeli prime ministers from both major political parties called for Pollard's sentence to be commuted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Pollard was caught and convicted of spying period. As far as I am concerned he should rot in jail. Don't do the crime if you cannot serve the time. When he dies THEN he can go back not a moment before. Israel continues to press for his release but I doubt that any administration is going to give him clemency.

[edit on 3/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have just read two different interpretations of the Pollard story, I don't know wich one to believe:

www.jonathanpollard.org...

www.aci.net...

For the time being, i would think that neither party in this matter has clean hands , it does give an interesting angle to the clinton-lewkinsky matter however.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Life in jail is too good for this spying scum. He should have been executed a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Life in jail is too good for this spying scum. He should have been executed a long time ago.

I agree and so should have the Walkers and others who's name escape me tonight.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I have quite a bit on information here on the Israeli Spy ring...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well if he were to be released it would not doubt bolster the belief of those that feel the US and Israel are in each others pockets.

Personally I think he's a spy end of subject and should serve his time just like any other spy, he's lucky to not be dead to be honest.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
No, i don't think you can kill foreign spies...

They are much more valuable to exchange with your own spies in opposing jails.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Pollard... what an interesting subject. You know, when 9/11 took place the first thing that crossed my mind was "Israeli spies, Israeli spies, Israeli spies".... Knowing very little of the history of all this.

Soon after I was bombarded by the realization of a recording of my voice being used in a huge film on the soundtrack. i was so confused and had no idea how to start connecting any dots but the recording referred to an usual outburst that i have no idea where it came from. it seemed to refer to a war on capitalism and destroying it's temple. after 9/11 i was plagued with feelings of guilt and people out of the woodwork were coming to alienate me in various ways and some believed that i was possessed by the devil. I turned even more to God and tried to put my faith back in my country that no matter how bad capitalism is for the lower classes, innocents do not deserve to die in terrorists attacks and that these people must be stopped.

My initial suspicions of Israeli spies did not resurface until much later... and now there seems to be more info and clarity on many issues... such as the obvious connection between Zionists and the CIA and the mafia and those connections even to the Vatican.

You tell me, people of ATS... why would Netanyahu, who seems to have a lot of things to do these days... went to see this pollard in prison? You tell me why Netanyahu himself pushed for a short release for this guy to attend his father's funeral. what does he know that he cannot convey to Netanyahu within the walls of a prison?

And while you're at it, what is the temple mount movement? the antichrist is supposed to appear and claim the throne of god on the temple mount. I will read into this more but maybe someone can shed some light on it in he mean time... and summarize it for me. Has it already begun?

I kind of believe the mark of the beast to be on the dollar bill and that we use our hands to exchange it and it is quite possibly what is on the minds (in the foreheads) of the majority of the people the majority of the time.

we know roughly who had a big hand in setting up our monetary system and our banks... and who has worked their way into our government and has convinced most of the allied nations of their so called rightful place in Israel. We also know who is trying the hardest to deceive us by broadcasting lies and stupidity straight into our homes.

what the hell is the temple mount movement and who started this as an organization?

Now I want you to look at this article and maybe it has been posted already, if so- i do apologize but I simply do not have time to scour all threads... as i have been trying to read up on things outside of this website.

...but check this out... Did this REALLY get sent to Bush who, regardless of all the crap, DID push israel off the west bank in his second term and possibly set up a strategic hold right next to Iran... to invade or the opposite?
I'm going nuts on this because it seems that if Duncan Ofinoian is right, bush is no stranger to being pushed around by some cabal. On the other hand, he pushed for some invasive legislation, weird things immediately started happening after 9/11 and i even received some religious literature with end times pictures on it 9animated- fire in the sky type thing) with the family of Jesus (baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph) looking VERY much like the Bushes. very strange stuff... handed to me at my own door by a Johavahs witness and i was getting a LOT of visits.

Our government is so torn and so many seem to be bluffing on many issues, it's freaking hard to tell... and everybody knows these mobsters are loaded with nukes and are NUTS! They are so embedded into our CIA it's crazy and nobody can really tell who is on who's side.

Three rabbis try to be condescendingly convincing about their rightful place, seem to insinuate threat and speak of the temple mount movement...and want the release of POLLARD...as if they are politicians and not rabbis at all.. backwards propaganda or WHAT?

gracethrufaith.com...
edit on 23-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join