It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump throws his own under the bus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
twitter.com...

If you keep following the tweet Trump was responding to, you eventually come back to this article-

www.propublica.org...

I know if I were Fisher, I’d be pretty damn bummed out to see this tweet. The guy and his company obviously put some effort into supporting the president and his goals, only to be dismissed by the man himself. This company ended up securing $1.7 billion in federal wall money after showing off their “Lamborghini” wall. Did the Democrats plant him? Did the House give this guy the $1.7 billion to continue his work?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
He isn't talking about the group who raised the money, it was in reference to how the media is portraying it.

In Trump fashion, he's simply responding to the damaged seen and only reminding people of the wall he is personally pushing.

It's literally a nothingburger, no really newsworthy.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
He isn't talking about the group who raised the money, it was in reference to how the media is portraying it.

In Trump fashion, he's simply responding to the damaged seen and only reminding people of the wall he is personally pushing.

It's literally a nothingburger, no really newsworthy.

I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles.

You reading the same tweet?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The last step of every Trump business plan. When it invariably falls apart and he needs someone to place the blame on.

He really is running this country like one of his businesses.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Lots of people are "bummed out".
Somebody will call to boycott him.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Did you read any of the linked materials?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Im not reading any more than that tweet, so i may miss some context. But i read that as him saying he was disappointed that instead of supporting the wall with a real effort, the only stretch of wall built was a small piece in an area that was already incredibly difficult to build on. Like the project was doomed to fail.

I don't disagree with him on that.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Fisher’s success and the $1.3 billion contract in Arizona he won in May — the largest border wall contract ever awarded — came despite repeated questions about his qualifications and work. Army Corps of Engineers officials have said the firm won because it submitted the lowest bid.

Last December, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., called for the Pentagon’s inspector general to review Fisher’s first $400 million fence contract, awarded in December over concerns of “inappropriate influence.” The audit is ongoing.

See also:

The Daily Star reported that after the firm was passed over for initial bids, its CEO, Tommy Fisher, started pitching designs on conservative news outlets and paid lobbyists $145,000 to discuss the wall with lawmakers. Mr. Trump eventually urged Corps officials to award contracts to the company.
Border wall construction firm favored by Trump gets $1.3 billion contract to build 42 miles

The reason Fisher's company got the big contract was because Trump put his big thumb on the scales.

edit on 12-7-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pthenapeople got paid, jobs 🙂

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This might have been shared before but interesting connections between Trump and Fisher Sand & Gravel.

the-strange-case-of-fisher-sand-and-grave l-and-the-border-wall

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im not reading any more than that tweet, so i may miss some context. But i read that as him saying he was disappointed that instead of supporting the wall with a real effort, the only stretch of wall built was a small piece in an area that was already incredibly difficult to build on. Like the project was doomed to fail.

I remember the point was to prove a wall could be put up in an area that was deemed as impossible to wall. That stretch was put up with their own funds or funds they raised.

Anyway, Trump threw them under the bus. Maybe he meant what his interpreters are saying but it looks like he threw them under the bus with his "best words".

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Trump could shoot one of his supporters' mothers for absolutely no reason and his ardent followers will just come right back and kiss his shoes, like clockwork.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

But I thought he only hires the best people?

Trump Says He “Disagreed” With Privately Funded Border Wall, So Why Did His Administration Award the Builder $1.7 Billion in Contracts to Erect More Walls?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The last step of every Trump business plan. When it invariably falls apart and he needs someone to place the blame on.

He really is running this country like one of his businesses.

Interesting comment coming from someone that supports the officials turning the very city they live in into a #hole.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Trump could shoot one of his supporters' mothers for absolutely no reason and his ardent followers will just come right back and kiss his shoes, like clockwork.

Hell he could shoot 1 million far left and everyone would kiss his ass...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I remember Trump talking about the We Build The Wall group at one of his rallies, when I have some more time I'll try to find a video of it. I remember it being nothing but praise.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Im not into the trolling nonsense.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well of course. Hes a salesman and developer....not typically a career of highly ethical people. And a politician now too?

Im unsurprised

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yeah we’re not even human when you get down to it. Just a bunch of soulless drones eager to lick Trumps boots.
We can’t think for ourselves. It’s best if you round us all up for your final solution.

Funny how those who ignore history become what they hate.
edit on 12-7-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Im not into the trolling nonsense.

But you'll make excuses for a hypocrite instead? What I posted was valid and you couldn't even answer. He's criticizing their actions on the wall project, yet he went ahead and hired them regardless for his border wall project.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join