It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Enthusiast Shoots Three Armed Intruders, Killing Two

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are so simp Phage

Long time ago, i talked to you about this exact same thing, you did not learn anything about it, yet you think you "know" better

Why are you like this?

Let me explain you again, since clearly you are so inexperienced in life you talk out of ignorance that sounds as wisdom to you

I was almost raped when i was 13, i had a gun at my house that belonged to my late grand father and i knew how to use it. The gun was not one i had used before and it was too heavy for me, but i managed to shoot it at the guy, the bullet went through his leg and out the other side and hit the bed, he was on drugs or something and still had time to attack me and i almost lost my right eye because of how hard he hit me against the wall, then i was unable to defend myself and i still remember he touching my breasts and taking of my pants when he was trying to rape me

But since i hit the guy on the leg he started to lose blood and tried to walk away at some point and fell down on the living room and then people that heard the gun shot came into the house and found us, i was completely out so i don't even remember that part and i woke up at the hospital later on

If i had not had a gun and knew how to use it, i would be dead now, and i know that because they guy was someone i knew, so he was going to rape me and he also was going to kill me because i knew the guy, i was going to say it was him

Some time ago, on another thread, i told you this, but you are so lame sometimes you still figure out ways to be even more, you don't understand anything at all

Go outside and interact with people, you talk from a place you don't understand anything at all about why people need to be able to do some stuff. Like owning a gun.

And calling the police is ridiculous, i was 13 and i did not even had enough time to do that, i just went and locked myself into my moms room and found the gun there, and it saved my life. You are very ignorant about real life situations and just speak what you think is the most accepted reasoning. Out of complete ignorance

So don't talk about things you don't understand at all, to have a clear judgment you need to have lived through something or be in close touch with someone that did. You clearly have none of those experiences and it makes you look terrible foolish

This is the second time i explain this to you, but clearly you are unable to learn or change your mind. And that's foolish and dumb. At this point in your life you are not questioning anything, but just declaring yourself a total simp and you don't even get it, so sad

And you still want to look like some wise guy? lol

And that's what makes me angry when i see your ridiculous attempt at sounding smart and deep when you don't have a clue what you're talking about. You did not learned anything since the last time i told you this, and here we are again. How dumb can this get?

If people like you were to take control over things like guns and such, i would be dead now. It's ver simple stuff, i find it very hard to figure out how you can't see the obvious. Or you think cops will materialize in 2 seconds next to the drugged giant rapist and stop him on the spot? Don't be so naive please. Cops would get there to retrieve my body and take it to the morgue, and notify my mom that i was killed and raped and they don't know who did it

Oh and just to clarify, in case you try to derail into a dumb argument. What bothers me the most is that you talk as if you had some kind of knowledge or wisdom, and that some people interpret your words as wisdom that comes from someone with authority and knowledge when in reality you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about and mislead people into a ridiculous path of ignorance. And then you try to pretend it didn't happen

It's so ridiculous and yes it makes me angry because as a survivor of that situation and as someone who managed to live because of having a gun to protect myself, i found your words and attitude extremely stupid

And i'm sorry but that's how it is. And lots of people will see your words and assume the same as you do, because they think you know better and trust you, when in reality you are full of it and have no clue about how it feels to be there or why/how things happen in real life

That's all

edit on 14-7-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I've never figured out how a burglar would be brave enough to go up to a door smash the glass in the middle of the quiet night and not think he's going get buck shot , from a 12 gauge....in the face when he walks through the door

When your around others sometimes you do this you would never normally do

But these guys are a dime a dozen

They do nothing not rob, steal, cheat. lie,

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Around my parts, South of Boston, same thing. For weeks, lines outside the gun shops half way around the buildings to get in. Obviously from Covid distancing, but there were a lot of people and a lot of cowboy hats on
. There is a DAV shooting range a few miles from the house that at times, sounds like a popcorn machine. Both police and the public use it.

I doubt if there are any on my street that do not have some form of self defense nowadays. It is a very peaceful neighborhood, but people are very concerned about what is going on in this country.
edit on 14-7-2020 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Finding myself rather content with Florida’s Stand Your Ground law right now.

My mother’s meth-head ex-boyfriend sent a package to my house recently. I’m assuming he got my address when she was living with him as he’s certainly not intelligent enough, or have the money to pay someone, to find it elsewhere. This guy has a HUGE list of felonies and in the 6-8 months he was with my mom, tacked on additional criminal threatening, domestic violence and assault charges.

First thing I did was contact the Sgt who oversees the division of the Broward Sheriff’s Office that is a tenant at my job. I gave him the rundown of the guy and asked what my options were. He asked, “Do you own a gun?” I do. “With his record and issues he’s had with your mother, it’s well within reason to believe that if he shows up at your house, he will be a legitimate threat to your safety.”

That’s all I needed to hear. I have cameras on every inch of my property and they’re all motion activated. I’m quite sure my mother is still speaking to him (she’s not very bright) so I sent her a message telling her if she is still talking to him that it’s certainly in his best interest to lose my address because I will not hesitate if he shows up on my property.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The size of suppressor that would actually be required to silence a weapon would be quite large and unmanageable for most people. Suppressors are definitely available, and fairly easy to find. It's the tax stamp that takes time to acquire one legally. The stuff you see in movies is complete bullsnip. Putting a suppressor on a firearm will not make it quieter than a BB gun. There's videos all over the internet showing what a suppressed 9mm sounds like, and it's not much quieter than without the suppressor.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

The size of suppressor that would actually be required to silence a weapon would be quite large and unmanageable for most people. Suppressors are definitely available, and fairly easy to find. It's the tax stamp that takes time to acquire one legally. The stuff you see in movies is complete bullsnip. Putting a suppressor on a firearm will not make it quieter than a BB gun. There's videos all over the internet showing what a suppressed 9mm sounds like, and it's not much quieter than without the suppressor.

Did I say that it would ?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Just a little information for the lesser informed, since the movies and TV always refer to suppressors as silencers. But you also mentioned that they are not legally available. They actually are legal to own, it's just a painful process to get one. I actually own 3 of them, and BATFE and the FBI has records of my ownership of them. It's the same transfer paperwork that you would have to file in order to legally purchase an automatic firearm. It was a little easier for me to get through the red tape a little faster because at the time I held an active TS-FSP security clearance at the time. There are actually a couple of class 3 manufacturers in my area that manufacture them for a living.

americansuppressorassociation.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt
Each might have thought that the firing came from their own side.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

I remember reading here someone saying that you could go into a movie theater, shoot someone with a "silencer" and go out and no one would notice LMAO, when it was pointed out that it was not possible and that every would sure hear it, they all got insulted in several ways

I feel like most of the people who thinks guns are bad never touched one. Maybe, like in other countries, there should be some kind of training, even basic stuff, so they would at least learn the basis and don't have such weird ideas or believe things happen like in movies. but who knows

Oh and they should also be explained and maybe talk to other people who have shot someone before so they understand that is not just walking away like nothing happend, and that you will spend years with some issues and won't have any regular life after that since it changes a lot of stuff in your head and how you act around. Maybe that also would stop some people from going out there with their legal guns hoping something happens where they can use it for the first time, legally

edit on 16-7-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: infolurker

So what is a gun enthusiast?
I’ve got a dozen or more.. am I an amateur or enthusiast?

You're playing COD, do you have less than 3 loaded firearms within reach?

If you answered yes, you're not a real enthusiast...

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Of course a suppressed weapon will still be heard. One of my suppressors is for .40 S&W or 10mm. It went on a Glock 20 with a threaded barrel, and was still louder than the Glock 17 in 9mm. The 10mm is a pretty wild round, but there is no way that you would be able to carry a suppressor large enough to make it quieter than a subsonic .22 round. The idea behind a suppressor is exactly the same as the muffler on a car. So it would definitely still be audible in a movie theater. Just a matter of people falling for Hollywood theatrics. Guess what else happens in the movies that you can't do in real life. Remember those scenes where people are walking away from cars exploding 20 feet behind them that were rigged with a half pound of C4? And they walk away unscratched in the movies. In reality, being that close to an explosion that size would likely liquify your organs. So just because a suppressor the size of your wife's lipstick makes James Bonds guns make less noise than tearing a piece of paper doesn't make it true, or even possible.

As to the people carrying a concealed weapon because they are hoping to have to use it someday, those are the people that should NOT be carrying a firearm. Those are the people that are going to hurt someone that is most likely innocent. Most of us that carry do so with the hopes that we never have to use it, but know that some day we may have to. In a life or death situation requiring my weapon, I will do everything in my power to survive or save a member of my family, but if it's use is not necessary, it's almost like it's not there unless I'm out in the desert or at the range using it for recreation or keeping my skills sharp.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join