It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Enthusiast Shoots Three Armed Intruders, Killing Two

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Glocks jam?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: infolurker

LARP, LARP.

I learned that term in the Q thread.

Indeed, the robbers were Live Action Role Players, that took on an enemy that was above their skill class.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Armor level was way low.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Absolutely.
I will forgo comment about not having a cleric in the party, as actual death occurred.

I'm not keen on any situation like this. But if you want to call it a LARP, you might be dismissive of the actual criminal activity that resulted in two individuals dying.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Not at all.

But the term "gun enthusiast" is a bit unsettling. My brother-in-law, to whom I gave my guns a while back, has a nice collection. But he doesn't brag about it.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Gun enthusiast?
That's what he's known for? That's his only avocation?

Okay. Bearing arms is one thing. But...

Nowhere it says that's all his known for, or his only avocation? Where did you see that? Being a gun enthusiast doesn't mean that's all you have in life, don't be so simp please

You are jus trying to always go against anything that doesn't fit your views? I bet you don't even know how to really hold a gun and think guns are something no one should have other than cops and army.

I'm assuming much? Same as you so fare game, right? lol
edit on 12-7-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Good for him . Yes every once in a while a gun can save a life .
These guys were stupid anyway Braking glass is sure to wake the owner and any dogs .

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

You are jus trying to always go against anything that doesn't fit your views?
Have you ever heard of the Socratic method?

I bet you don't even know how to really hold a gun and think guns are something no one should have other than cops and army.
You lose. But good on you, you get the idea. You just need to see that it applies to the questions that others may ask. Discussions can be productive if the parties want it to be so.

edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You are jus trying to always go against anything that doesn't fit your views?
Have you ever heard of the Socratic method?

I bet you don't even know how to really hold a gun and think guns are something no one should have other than cops and army.
You lose. But good on you, you get the idea. You just need to see that it applies to the questions that others may ask. Discussions can be productive if the parties want it to be so.

Have you ever heard "when the truth lies all on one side, to adopt a Solomon-like position is to be totally biased" ?

You don't understand where you are standing on anymore, it's all about your views, just now you proved it by trying to dismiss something i said about your "facts" that you added to a story that did not had them at all

Why did you add to the article something that wasn't there, to lean into it as if it was "truth"?

You're not very honest

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Why did you add to the article something that wasn't there, to lean into it as if it was "truth"?

Please review.
I asked questions.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Now I'm the kinda man that wouldn't harm a mouse
But if I catch somebody breakin in my house
I've got a twelve gauge shotgun waiting on the other side

CDB - Simple Man
edit on 7/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Please review.
I asked questions.

If you going to act like a manboy, it's pointless

I have seen your posts before. You act like if you had any kind of authority or wisdom, but all you do is repeat other people's point of views or knowledge, you are not wise at all

I said very clearly that you added "facts" to the article, please point where exactly it was said that being a gun enthusiast is all he is known for. You clearly have a dislike for the guy because he can handle guns and you don't like that. IT shows on your own attitude and words

Your "questions" are meaningless because all you want to do is to run away from the fact that you attempted to obscure and change real facts so you could drive your agenda and bias and turn it into "facts"

We can spend hours talking about whatever thing you want to redirect this conversation, but the fact remains that you tried to lie and mislead adding to a story that did not have your conveniently inserted words that mislead other people who trust you

SO, you are not honest

You are the one who should review, your attitude and lack or mental space that you allow yourself to learn and understand life better. Because you have fixed views that are mostly not ok and you don't get or even try to get them

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   

We can spend hours talking about whatever thing you want to redirect this conversation, but the fact remains that you tried to lie and mislead adding to a story that did not have your conveniently inserted words that mislead other people who trust you

You're wrong. That's your right.
I wanted to stimulate discussion. It seems to have worked. At least as far as you're concerned. But it's too bad it had to be about me. You started out pretty well.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You're wrong. That's your right.
I wanted to stimulate discussion. It seems to have worked.

Don't apply your low standards to me,

I can see through you, it's all a bunch of redirection and lies, you don't want any constructive anything.

As i said, it's very clear and simple to see what you added to the story that wasn't there, and the reason why you did is also obvious

I keep screenshots of all of i write and what posts i reply to, so editing away reality is not going to be good anyway, just in case you may think of it

You are not looking for fare discussion or finding the truth about anything, it is displayed already, in ways you can't deny. You can go for hours on this and it won't change the fact that you attempted to mislead and create a narrative around your own beliefs

It's there dude! Why are you running away from it?

Gun enthusiast?

Here you go again, explain and point where "That's his only avocation" was specified, how do you know that?

It's clear what you think, don't run away from it

Please be more honest

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You can go for hours on this and it won't change the fact that you attempted to mislead and create a narrative around your own beliefs

What do you think my beliefs are, exactly? Since you want to make it about me?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Perhaps it was just murder?

I mean, they were armed, did they just wait for each one of them to be gunned down, before the next one stepped through the door and into the firing line?

The story sounds a bit flimsy.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You can go for hours on this and it won't change the fact that you attempted to mislead and create a narrative around your own beliefs

What do you think my beliefs are, exactly?

Again

Gun enthusiast?

Please stop being a man child, it's boring and embarrassing not only for you

This is my last reply to you, because it's clear you are just going to keep running around the bushes in shame but not able to grow up and act like a real adult and admit to what you tried to do, even if you know very well what that was

So by bye mister Solomon

P.S.

Your ego is incredible giant, more than your bias

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Okey dokey.
See ya.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

This reminds me of what happened to a friend of mine.

He was home laying in bed. Someone broke his living room window and was climbing in. He went for the shotgun in his bedroom. When he came outside his bedroom he racked the slide and the guy coming in jumped right back out.

Score for the gun owner.
edit on 12-7-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Better result than killing someone.
That is one very scary sound. My dad had a 12 gauge pump. I think my brother got it but he died. Don't know where the gun went after that. His wife is kind of nutty though. So that might not be a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join