It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the throw casting fishing net I was to order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well, I finally got some bread to order one now. Its seems like this is the best one suited for my needs. I need a "bait casting " throw net for salt water and our river here is salt water mixed with fresh water. The bottom of the river is all sand, not rocks or other stuff the net will grab onto.
This is the one I got my mind on. What do you guys think? If you know another one around 40 bucks let me know.

its on amazon

NITRIP Fishing nets Nylon fishing nets Hand-casting nets Nylon metal fishing accessories Fishing enthusiasts River lakes Ponds, etc. Fishing gear (2.4m)

Can't post amazon links here.
edit on 0700000031322020-07-11T20:32:31-05:00323107pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

that didn't work either
dang I don't know how to post the amazon link?

edit on 0700000010342020-07-11T20:34:10-05:00341007pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

Well, what I found out now about amazon and its sellers from China is that they can not say for sure when the product can be delivered and maybe not deliver at all. Dang.
edit on 0700000032542020-07-11T21:54:32-05:00543207pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Try dynamite.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I always just bought them at Walmart or Kmart. But I live in Florida. They may not be available at your local stores. If its your first cast net. Don't buy a super nice expensive one. Chances are you will find a tree branch or sharp rock to get hung up on. Even if you swim down to get it. Its not easy to untangle a net. They are designed to catch and keep things. Lol

I find a cast net under a 5ft radius is pretty much worthless. They are just too small. The smaller nets after opening in the air will spring back and close on themselves in the air if your throwing it hard to reach something far away. 5ft radius is not too big to easily learn how to throw consistantly and its big enough if your not accurate at throwing to a certain spot you get a little leeway.

Always loop the rope around your wrist! Nothing worse than throwing your net and watching the rope fly off into the water. And I don't mean tie it to your wrist either. Every cast net comes with a loop on the end of the rope. Feed some rope threw the loop and stick your wrist in the loop created. It creates an easily removed and fast to put on slip knot so the rope doesn't fly off your wrist.

If you do throw the net and the rope with it. Don't worry the rope floats grab a fishing pole hook the rope and pull it in. I have done it a few times myself.

Good Luck!

new topics

join