It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Abbott warns of 'lockdown' coming next if virus spread doesn't slow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

They don't do anything. Any cures will be created by civilian companies.

You might be right about that, at least.
Most of the research is being done by "civilian" companies. With a lot of cash provided by the feds.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I know I'm right about it because that's what always happens. The CDC does not have the expertise or equipment to do anything about this virus or any other disease. Any work they do is contract related hiring companies that actually do the work.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Any work they do is contract related hiring companies that actually do the work.

You are correct. The CDC doesn't do a lot of R&D.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

Deaths are on the decline in TX. The cases are as well because we had a military hospital setup and they tore it down in a week because nobody showed up. No customers.

Hang on, you are claiming that CASES in Texas are on the decline? Death rates, maybe you could debate that, for now.

But the number of cases? From what I'm seeing, they are growing. You all had 20,000 new cases between yesterday and today. That's just in the last two days.

That is not declining.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'm saying being in the trenches here in TX there is something else going on. The hospitals keep saying they are close to capacity but the temp military hospital was shutdown in a week. I also jog by a 24/7 testing center several times a week and nobody is in line. I do see staff playing on their phones and goofing off. I jog at different times of the day. Never seen anybody there.

And nobody is check and balancing the hospitals. Just taking their word for it. They keep crying about all the cases but never recommend opening up the military medical tent. Why is that I would like to know. I think it's a legit question. Nobody will answer it.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I’m from Oklahoma but now live in Nevada and have many very good friends that live in Texas, mostly Houston. I just got off the phone with a buddy in Houston and he went to get tested and I was on the phone with him and could hear a line of people waiting and also could hear the PA telling people to spread apart.
So congrats if your area of Texas is good to go but remember that lots of places are not.
Just wear something to catch droplets to help your fellow countryman. Cause if you don’t then you must hate America

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Deaths are spiking, dramatically, as well. At least according to the Texas Department of State Health Services:

tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov...

Can't overlook your eyewitness reports, but statewide it would seem that what you claim to see personally is not the reality for others.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

This is correct. Outside austin, houston, and san antonio no one will enforce any lockdown, and id expect to see people march on Congress Ave.

Hairdressers have already dug in. Many have stated they wont shut down and if anyone is shut down theyll rent booth space for free to help them out.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Texas, mitigation measures were withdrawn prematurely, while infection rates were not declining and other measures were not in effect. We see the results.

We'll see if masks are sufficient, but at the rate the virus is spreading, they may well not be.

Party hearty dude!

That's why we can't have good things.

I wonder how many of these new cases have to do with BLM protests?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Deaths are on the decline in TX.

According to whom? Looks like they've spiked quite dramatically over the past week.
covidtracking.com...

The source is the Texas DSHS. Do you have a different source? One more reliable? I'd like to see it.

Once I was watching a report on an attack on a US FOB base in Afghanistan on CNN. They went into great detail on the attack. How many attacked, how they did it, how many US Soldiers were killed.

Sounded legit. Only problem. It was entirely false because I was there. Everything they said was false. They also missed the most important bit of info. We leveled everything around that FOB within a 2 mile radius. Every home, school, mosque. All of it. All destroyed.

I learned something that day. Just because the news says it, government says it doesn't mean it's true. During this whole virus the story has kept changing and shifting. No mask, wear mask, need ventilators, no ventilators, need military ships, don't need them, need makeshift hospitals, tear them down...meh

Believe what you want. If you believe them then go ahead. I do not because I live in TX, work in TX, talk to hundreds of people a day and I'm hearing the exact opposite and seeing the exact opposite.

After careful observation of developing events during wars or crisis situations, I have come to the same conclusion. When an official reports on a situation, it is the complete opposite of what they are saying. At most, if you look at the earliest reports from sources closest to the events that are then later "corrected", you might get closer to the truth.

Just my opinion as I get older and more cynical, but it never seems to fail - if they say it is one thing, you can be sure it's something else entirely.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Some, probably. You might be able to take a guess if you look at the county by county data.
dshs.texas.gov...

But so what? Cases continue to rise. Are protests doing so? In Texas?

edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
you do realize when someone coughs or speaks many many droplets comeout at the same time so it is not 1 hitting the mask right

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: carewemust

Since 90% of the masks people wear don't stop any virus,

You have a source. Right?

Only N-95 masks filter out viruses. Most people don't wear N-95 masks.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Army sending Medical Task Force to help fight COVID-19 in Houston

Meanwhile, at MAGA;

The level of cognitive dissonance on display here and outside is astounding. We'll look back at this and wonder how it got to this point. A virus, a pandemic. It doesn't care about your politics. Yet people act as if it does. Texas is burning right now.
edit on 12-7-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Texas is burning right now.

Only parts of Texas. The parts where people are.
Out in the prairie, no problem.

edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

In Texas, mitigation measures were withdrawn prematurely, while infection rates were not declining and other measures were not in effect. We see the results.

We'll see if masks are sufficient, but at the rate the virus is spreading, they may well not be.

Party hearty dude!

That's why we can't have good things.

I wonder how many of these new cases have to do with BLM protests?

Was talking to a nurse that works in a COVID unit at a Houston area trauma center. She said they have about 60 or so covid beds non ICU and they are almost full. She expects another spike in a week or so from the protests.
edit on 7/12/2020 by TXTriker because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Out in the prairie, no problem.

Thanks for staying so stubbornly factual and realistic Phage. We ALL need that right now, even those of us concerned about this virus.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Deaths are on the decline in TX.

According to whom? Looks like they've spiked quite dramatically over the past week.
covidtracking.com...

The source is the Texas DSHS. Do you have a different source? One more reliable? I'd like to see it.

Once I was watching a report on an attack on a US FOB base in Afghanistan on CNN. They went into great detail on the attack. How many attacked, how they did it, how many US Soldiers were killed.

Sounded legit. Only problem. It was entirely false because I was there. Everything they said was false. They also missed the most important bit of info. We leveled everything around that FOB within a 2 mile radius. Every home, school, mosque. All of it. All destroyed.

I learned something that day. Just because the news says it, government says it doesn't mean it's true. During this whole virus the story has kept changing and shifting. No mask, wear mask, need ventilators, no ventilators, need military ships, don't need them, need makeshift hospitals, tear them down...meh

Believe what you want. If you believe them then go ahead. I do not because I live in TX, work in TX, talk to hundreds of people a day and I'm hearing the exact opposite and seeing the exact opposite.

I'm with you! I live and work in Texas and have several friends that work in hospitals. Hell where I live there are 8 hospitals in my neighborhood alone. None hospitals around me are maxed out. My friends who work in said hospitals have told me that they have had the easiest past 2 weeks they have ever had working there. So I don't have a link either to back up what I am seeing first hand and what I am hearing first hand from the folks who work in the hospitals.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join