It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Abbott warns of 'lockdown' coming next if virus spread doesn't slow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But in Texas, the governor is over-reacting.

He under-reacted earlier. He realizes that now. Now its time for catch up.
www.propublica.org...

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope, that's the latest CDC it's death per week. Rock solid official data. What the MSM is convinently not reporting now.

Strawmen don't work, the data is solid.

Here is the info your conflating trying to get away from the clear death per week data: Johns Hopkins

A lot more testing, a rise in positives, but death rate clearly falling. Might be a little spike next week when it's updated, but still small in the overall scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Nope, that's the latest CDC it's death per week. Rock solid official data.

Your source:

COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.

Read it.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Doesn't affect overall curve.

Strawman

Deaths are plummeting to very low levels.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Doesn't affect overall curve.

Incorrect.

Deaths are plummeting to very low levels.
That is changing. That's what "in flux" means.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Correct, but it is still minuscule compared to overall trend.

The data is behind, it only goes to 7/5 on both charts.

7/12 data will show a small rise. But it is still small compared to where we were.

EDIT: lol you edited your reply, I can no longer say Correct to your reply, but I will leave it above, those reading understand I said correct to what he originally said not his now edited.

I'm through arguing Page. It's rock solid official data, Yes it's only up to 7/5 and 7/12 will show a small rise, but compared to where it was it is still very small.
edit on 11-7-2020 by pianopraze because: to point out Phages edit.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Surely it will stay there. Surely not many more will die. So who cares?
Who cares if the hospitals fill?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Texas, mitigation measures were withdrawn prematurely, while infection rates were not declining and other measures were not in effect. We see the results.

We'll see if masks are sufficient, but at the rate the virus is spreading, they may well not be.

Party hearty dude!

That's why we can't have good things.

Thank you for that illuminating information.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Deaths and hospitalizations in Texas are increasing.

However....

10,800 Covid-19 Hospitalizations out of 40 million citizens (.03%) is NOT worth severely damaging the economy/families.

111 deaths for every 1 million Texas citizens (over the past 4 months) is NOT worth severely damaging the economy/families.

Texas is merely experiencing what Northeast and Midwest states experienced during the Spring.

For Texas, the Covid-19 "crisis" will pass also.

edit on 7/12/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Does your crystal ball tell you what the the economic impact of an unmitigated COVID epidemic would have been?

Millions of Texans ill?

edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Do you think he's going to make a habit of it?
Because that's really what it takes.

*sigh* I'm with ya Phage but at least it's something.... That's the best we can hope for in this presidency.... hopefully some will be influenced and save lives.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Sorry for the buzzkill.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

That graph is clearly in line with the lock downs implemented earlier this year, and it's well known that there's always a lag in deaths following spikes. People typically don't die immediately upon contracting the virus. It's weeks worth of fighting before that typically takes place.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Table 1. Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by week ending date, United States. Week ending 2/1/2020 to 7/4/2020. cdc website

Which is what the CDC and WHO base their "pandemic/epidemic" status on.
At least a good portion of it.
edit on 7/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.

But you already knew that.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Deaths are on the decline in TX. The cases are as well because we had a military hospital setup and they tore it down in a week because nobody showed up. No customers.

Yet, the hospitals keep screaming they are at capacity the entire time. Nonsense. If that was the case then why not send them to the military makeshift hospital. Nobody can explain that one but I can.

Hospitals are in fact a business. The more cases they report the more revenue. Easy revenue because nobody is verifying what they are reporting so they keep reporting high numbers. That is the game. They will keep doing it too. The numbers will not go down anytime soon. I pass by these hospitals and the parking lots are not packed. The testing centers, nobody is showing up.

It's a ruse. The virus is real but nowhere near what they are reporting. They are even admitting the cases are minor symptoms to none at all for most of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Deaths are on the decline in TX.

According to whom? Looks like they've spiked quite dramatically over the past week.
covidtracking.com...

The source is the Texas DSHS. Do you have a different source? One more reliable? I'd like to see it.
dshs.texas.gov...

The cases are as well because we had a military hospital setup and they tore it down in a week because nobody showed up.
When was this?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Deaths are on the decline in TX.

According to whom? Looks like they've spiked quite dramatically over the past week.
covidtracking.com...

The source is the Texas DSHS. Do you have a different source? One more reliable? I'd like to see it.

Once I was watching a report on an attack on a US FOB base in Afghanistan on CNN. They went into great detail on the attack. How many attacked, how they did it, how many US Soldiers were killed.

Sounded legit. Only problem. It was entirely false because I was there. Everything they said was false. They also missed the most important bit of info. We leveled everything around that FOB within a 2 mile radius. Every home, school, mosque. All of it. All destroyed.

I learned something that day. Just because the news says it, government says it doesn't mean it's true. During this whole virus the story has kept changing and shifting. No mask, wear mask, need ventilators, no ventilators, need military ships, don't need them, need makeshift hospitals, tear them down...meh

Believe what you want. If you believe them then go ahead. I do not because I live in TX, work in TX, talk to hundreds of people a day and I'm hearing the exact opposite and seeing the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

So you don't have another source.
Nothing at all then. But you live in all of Texas and talk to everyone in Texas. So you know what's really going on in Texas.

Texas is a pretty big state but your opinion is noted.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

So you don't have another source.
Nothing at all then. But you live in all of Texas and talk to everyone in Texas. So you know what's really going on in Texas.

Your opinion is noted.

The source is me and the hundreds of people I work with, my spouse works with, neighbors and their jobs and community forums. They are all saying the same thing and it's not what the news is saying.

Oh and the CDC is a fvcking joke. I have said this before, my boss was an executive manager there. He said it was so poorly ran and filled with so many idiots he finally resigned. A bunch of people making well over six digits doing next to nothing as he described it. He was doing desk audits of Doctors and they weren't doing anything associated with what they were hired to do. Just remedial tasks. He tried to change the culture but it was futile. It needs to be shutdown entirely. They don't do anything. Any cures will be created by civilian companies.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join