It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Transcripts Released

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

You know something, I think BLM is one of the most misguided movements I've ever known or read about and has set race relations back decades.
The progress that our societies have made in reducing systemic racism over the last 30 - 40 years has been great and deserves recognition.
We must never let our guard down and have to continue the fight against racism whatever form it takes, but I believe BLM has been blown completely out of proportion and has been taken over in order to further other aganda's.

Then I read things like your post and I think that maybe they have a point after all and that racism is as prevalent as ever.
edit on 13/7/20 by Freeborn because: typo's and stuff

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have to assume “hooping” was in reference to basketball in this context, since he just asked him maybe seconds before if he was on any drugs and Floyd said “no”. Wouldn’t make much sense to go right from “No” to “yes”. Also, no one would say “I was hooping”, that’d be like saying “I was snorting earlier” or “I was injecting earlier”, if you’re going to admit your drug use, you’d say clarify it with what drug you took, not so much the method of delivery, especially in the context of telling some cops you’re clearly scared to death of, I think the last thing he’d choose to say is “I put some PCP up my ass”.

Were the amounts of the substances in his body ever released? Most drugs can stay in your system for days, hell, weed will stay in it for months depending on your fat levels and a hair test will show proof of drug use for up to a year.

Regardless, I’ve since heard multiple police officers say that once they detain a suspect, their safety is in the hands of the officer. It doesn’t take a genius to see an obvious change in Floyd’s responsiveness and Chauvin could have avoided all of this had he been just let up for a minute. There were what, 3 cops on him when he was laying down and cuffed? There’s no way he’d have been able to jump up and haul ass from that position.

Even without hearing the inflections in his voice, you can tell Floyd was scared sh!tless by that transcript. Sure, he could have been a really good actor, but this seems like it’d have been a perfect time to exercise deescalation tactics.

“Look, George, I know you’re scared right now. But for your safety and our safety we have to get you into a vehicle. We’re going to open the window before you get in and you can stick your head out of the window once you’re in, but we HAVE to get you into a vehicle. Do you understand that, George? No one here wants to see you hurt.”

When I was 5-6, my mother’s boyfriend held my sister and I hostage with a shotgun after he kicked my mother out of the house and told her he was going to kill us. It turned into a stand off with the police without a single shot fired. There have been plenty of stand-offs since then (mid-late 80’s) that have been deescalated. Knowing it’s possible to deescalate more severe situations, the Floyd situation seems like a small effort into controlling the situation would have gone a long way.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

They also get paranoid and scared while high on drugs.

I lost count the amount of times he was told to get in the back of the car in the transcript.

Still, the officer clearly contributed to his death.

Don’t resist arrest. Comply and complain later.

Finally, painting George Floyd as some kind of Martyr or hero is an absolute joke!

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Macenroe82

Still, the officer clearly contributed to his death.

This is now up for serious debate, reasonable doubt is all that is needed. The charges are murder 2. With all of the drugs and health issues, any "stress" could have contributed to Floyds death, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was murder. Manslaughter might have been a more appropriate charge, but even that is a stretch now.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join