It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police union leader sounds the alarm - They are coming through the door

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

just the facts ma'am

I just stated the " Facts " to you Sir or Madam . Now Empty your Pockets ...............)
edit on 11-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe get rid of the unions, and re-think the role of policing, right now, they are there to shake people down, and collect revenue for the state. Fix that and you just might get somewhere.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Maybe get rid of the unions,

Not gonna do that. Nope. Not gonna.

(That's supposed to sound like "H." Did it work?)
edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Domt blame cops. Blame legislators...copa are enforcing their laws

Its like hating the sword, not the swordsman

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How about unions which protect bad cops by any means?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
one of my good childhood friends is a deputy in the suburbs where i live and he is a good cop, when i was struggling with addiction the police that came to my house for my overdose still check up on me from time to time and ive been clean for years and years.

i think dealing with police is like dealing with anyone else(for the most part), if you are respectful and tell the truth and dont act like an idiot you will have ZERO problems if you encounter the law.

My lawyer told me ALONG time ago that if you get arrested or its going that way the best thing to do is be polite and do what they ask because by that point in time it's you only option(also keep your mouth shut till your lawyer gets there). The fight is for the court room....

it boils down to respect i think, If you give the cop respect and talk to them like a normal person there is a chance you will get a warning(minor traffic stops)

Also if your not breaking the law you will not have interactions with the police. If you have a family member that is having a mental issue the last people to call is the police, and honestly if you can get them to the hospital your self than you should(drive them there or hire a private ambulance).

dealing with people that are disturbed is not really the polices job and should be avoided at all costs... drug your family member if need be to get them to the doctors....
edit on 11-7-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If you give the cop respect and talk to them like a normal person there is like almost zero chance youll get hurt.

It seems that those who are not white often have more to deal with than "acting normal."

Even today, while I have the privilege of serving as a United States senator, I am not immune to being stopped while driving at home in South Carolina or even while walking onto the grounds of the Capitol. Each time, I hold my breath and each time, I have been able to exhale and go about my business. Thank God!

www.usatoday.com...
He's a Republican, and the only such black Senator, in case you were wondering.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i think that is a case by case issue that have to be looked at from all points of view.

there are for sure bad apples on police forces but there are also great people who want to serve their community.

Instead of cutting funding they should go into all the complaints their officers have and weed out the bad ones. A cop with 27 complaints or ones that move around after they get fired have no place on any police force.

As far as the complaints go, where there is smoke there is usually fire.

The thing i dont understand is how some of these cops stand by and watch this stuff happen right in front of them and do nothing...thats not observation its guilt by proxy/association when you watch someone get murdered on the street
edit on 11-7-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

i think that is a case by case issue that have to be looked at from all points of view.

The Senator, from his experience, seems to think differently. That's it's not a matter of "case by case."

I'm not black. Are you? Do you think your point of view means anything in relation to his experience?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you there, defunding the police is ridiculous and the leftist mobs need to have their feet held to the fire. No doubt about it.

The Extermination of FREE SPEECH in America Circa 2020 is going to be a Complete Failure . WE THE PEOPLE Will Not Allow it !

I sure hope we don't allow it

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

The thing i dont understand is how some of these cops stand by and watch this stuff happen right in front of them and do nothing...thats not observation its guilt by proxy/association when you watch someone get murdered on the street

Most of these areas where we see this are dysfunctional societies, and cops tend to mirror the population they work in. High crime, high drug rate, extreme social issues so on and so forth. The people who live there are hard on themselves and the cops are also hard as that is what these areas live by their own rules. Is it right, nope, is it reality, yep...

Should we try and fix it, yep. Does that fix need to start at the fundamental levels of the dysfunctional cultures that breed it, yep.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It is low information legislators passing laws their donors and other special interests care about passing, using whatever made up justification and mass hysteria they can gin up to excuse it that I care about.

The whole thing stems from the fact there is a law criminalizing virtually every type of behavior you can think of, and most of it is merely something XYZ person or group finds distasteful vs. being able to articular to a factual basis and need for the law.

Going back to largely pre-1900 laws would be sensible, both in scope and sheer number. Because who does it fall on to enforce those 1000 page code books? Police. Who benefits from the massive law books? Lawyers. Who writes the law? Largely lawyers. Those scheming scheisters are every bit as bad as legislators.

When 99% of cases are resolved by plea bargain because doing anything else would bring the system to a screeching halt, you know you have a big problem. They talk about systemic problems? Well there is their systemic problem! Plea bargains deny due process by essentially threatening a harsher penalty unless you sign away your rights and accept a reduced punishment. Not only is the accused harmed, but victims are harmed too since the real lawbreakers (those with a victim, either people or property) are harmed by not getting the justice proscribed by the law.

Allowing lawyers to be so intimately involved - from writing the law, to prosecuting criminals and defending criminals - is a true travesty. Laws should not be so complex as to require any sort of specialized education to navigate them. After all, how can one honestly expect the common citizen to do this when they are so numerous and complex? Is it fair to expect citizens to know each and every law, with the tactic admission that they are too numerous and complex to practically do that? Is it fair to expect citizens to understand the nuances of each law? Of course not.

You should *know* when your conduct is unlawful. IE: it should be objectively wrong, harming another person or their property. Even the illusion of unfairness or a double standard should be enough to err on the side of caution. Take Roger Stone, who allegedly lied to congress (per the corrupt jury + judge). Even if that is true, it is nullified by virtue that congress (and individuals in congress) lie to us on a daily basis about far more important things. Government lies as a matter of policy. Yet it wants to jail citizens for doing the same? I don't think so

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

How about limiting the requisite interactions with the public by eliminating 99% of the bulk laws that have no business existing in the first place? Passed by an inept and incompetent congress/legislature that cares more about special interests, lining their own pockets and lobbyists?

Why does everything someone finds distasteful or offensive need to be criminalized ?

You should know when your conduct is unlawful. You shouldn't have to wonder, then be held to the ridiculous standard of "you should've known it was illegal! ignorance isn't an excuse!" when the laws are so numerous and complex, and so poorly written that scheister lawyers are needed to decipher them

Take seat belts in cars as one primary example. This is the biggest reason a traffic stop is going to happen, stemming from yet another lie told when it was first passed (you won't be stopped only for this! we promise!). Reduce LE workload, limit needless offenses.

Speed limits are another one.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yeah. We should be able to drive as fast as we want. On whatever side of the road we want to!
Stop signs? Screw it!

Liberty!!! !!! !!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The thin blue line needs wiped from their vocabulary. Inappropriate.
It's the line between citizens and cops.
We pay their gd salaries.
Cops have gotten dumb, militant and aggressive.
Remove pensions and unions and require a 3rd party camera stream.
People are corruptible and need monitored when in control positions.
Especially when they are armed and not trained to deal with high stress situations.
Laws need removed. Too many laws.
If the laws weren't being used as income for the state, right removal, political reasons etc...people would like cops.

You don't target police for laws you were too lazy to go vote against. It's really that simple.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Hmm... Guess you are not a Believer in Self Responsibility in a Free Society . A Pity ..........

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Not when there are so many with no sense of responsibility who can kill me without thinking about it. No.

Sounds like you're an anarchist to me. Are you?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I participated in a pro-police protest today.

When they held up a sign that said, "Honk If You Support Police". . . . I honked.

I'm a protester now.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm a protester now.

No you're not.
You're a supporter. Obviously.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

" Not when there are so many with no sense of responsibility who can kill me without thinking about it. No. "

Hmm... you sound like the Perfect Candidate for responsible Firearm Ownership . Might even Help you Sleep better at Night ......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join