It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a turning point...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Police take gun fire in Detroit, nearby getting shot in the head by a suspect and do what any reasonable person would do and returned fire - thus killing said armed suspect.

We have body cam and dash cam evidence concerning all of this - little is in question here about a justified use of force.

But what happened after the fact? The shooting amplified existing riots!!

So, this is a clear and publicized turning point. Many have already known these riots are being used as an excuse to be a criminal. Now, when someone is ON VIDEO deciding to SHOOT AT COPS.... it sparks more riots because the cops didn’t just accept their death! It doesn’t get more obvious than that to me - this is now and always has been an operation to further destabilize society and the economy. And, it’s kind of working in major cities. WTF is wrong with people?

I don’t care what race, gender, orientation, etc. you are - this dude shot at cops. That’s going get you shot. Heck, shooting at an armed citizen will likely get you shot, too. So now is it all law enforcement shouldn’t have guns, citizens shouldn’t have guns but these criminals are OK to have guns to protect themselves?

Ridiculous. Hope all of you Big City Libs are loving that you’re reaping what you sewed!

PS - If you’re a big city lib who is contemplating getting out (which is wise to consider), you shouldn’t. Your ideals got you here - and we don’t want them in the burbs or more rural communities - so stay home and enjoy the sh!t blizzard you whipped up - we don’t need your help out here!

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
umm you seam upset .
just how many people do you really believe would just stand there while someone shoots at them ?
These people who are rioting are Criminals and a person trying to kill some one is also .
So tell me how that has ANYTHING to do with 95% of people who just want to make it to work and back ALIVE be it a rog cop or criminal who is shooting at them ?

It amazes Me how the other so called side You say your own really believes people Just want to DIE be shoot and killed .

So to Inject a little sanity into this post Do you contend Cops have not killed raped Murdered beat bribed strong armed sold drugs ?
Show one cop doing the thing ANY normal person would do IN NO WAY justifies all the killings by cops .
Criminals will always BE criminals even when they ware a badge .

10 % of people your side there side Just want a BLOOD bath and they dont care whos Blood .
the OTHER 90% of us who are sane just want TO LIVE as in NOT BE shoot and killed over a criminal or cop who had a fight with his wife the night before .

Both your side and there side are just tow wraped up in wanting blood to see the oves .

edit on 11-7-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Unless you are completely off the grid you need big cities.
They do kinda help ya man. Just sayin.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's unfortunate, but it's true. Most of the people that leave the cities and suburbs immediately set out to change their new location to more closely resemble the pits they left.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it's a mistake to overgeneralize.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
umm you seam upset .
just how many people do you really believe would just stand there while someone shoots at them ?
These people who are rioting are Criminals and a person trying to kill some one is also .
So tell me how that has ANYTHING to do with 95% of people who just want to make it to work and back ALIVE be it a rog cop or criminal who is shooting at them ?

It amazes Me how the other so called side You say your own really believes people Just want to DIE be shoot and killed .

So to Inject a little sanity into this post Do you contend Cops have not killed raped Murdered beat bribed strong armed sold drugs ?
Show one cop doing the thing ANY normal person would do IN NO WAY justifies all the killings by cops .
Criminals will always BE criminals even when they ware a badge .

10 % of people your side there side Just want a BLOOD bath and they dont care whos Blood .
the OTHER 90% of us who are sane just want TO LIVE as in NOT BE shoot and killed over a criminal or cop who had a fight with his wife the night before .

Both your side and there side are just tow wraped up in wanting blood to see the oves .

Wait, so you’re saying this incident sparking riots and the general destruction of peoples businesses and life’s work doesn’t bother you? What’s wrong with you?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Completely justified police shooting.
The guy was a total idiot to pull out a small caliber piece like that thinking he was going to take the cops on.
Good riddance dirtbag.

Then the morons who want to start a riot over it, posting a bunch of bullsh!t on social media to get the paid agitators stirred up.
I don’t live in Detroit, but I like police Chief Craig.
I don’t believe that he will lay down and take it like the police chiefs in other Liberal cities.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

It's unfortunate, but it's true. Most of the people that leave the cities and suburbs immediately set out to change their new location to more closely resemble the pits they left.

Yep. At least initially.

But then those folks, like most humans in whatever environment they’re in, start to conform to the norms of where they are.

Change is good periodically, and having new viewpoints or perspectives rarely hurts. But when your ideals make something dysfunctional, you probably shouldn’t share them.

Along these lines - what’s also mind blowing to me is that there’s definitely some legitimate changes that need to occur in our justice system. There is an enormous amount of corruption and abuse - which I fully support cleaning up.

But, people going out and destroying property in mass, taking over people’s neighborhood, taking out businesses, etc. isn’t the way to do it.

Unless you’re a liberal. Then you say “well they were stuck inside because of COVID and they have every right to be pissed off - so this is what happens”. No, it’s not. For being so “edumacated” the left doesn’t seem to have any common sense. If you want to solve a problem, start from within your community/family. Elect people who are running on platforms of corruption reduction, get rid of your politicians who have been in their seats for too long, make it clear that lawlessness and abuse - in general! - are not ok.

Instead, you have current state in large urban liberal centers. Dumpster fire.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think it's a mistake to overgeneralize.

If this is in regards to liberal urban centers, one would be hard pressed to exaggerate the level of dysfunction they’ve brought on themselves - generally and broadly.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Completely justified police shooting.
The guy was a total idiot to pull out a small caliber piece like that thinking he was going to take the cops on.
Good riddance dirtbag.

Then the morons who want to start a riot over it, posting a bunch of bullsh!t on social media to get the paid agitators stirred up.
I don’t live in Detroit, but I like police Chief Craig.
I don’t believe that he will lay down and take it like the police chiefs in other Liberal cities.

You are correct he didn't take it and good for him.

www.detroitnews.com... /

"Detroit police chief James Craig said he released the video hours after the incident to quell "a false narrative" that the shooting was unjustified. The "erroneous information that was put out has incited violence," Craig said during a press conference at Public Safety Headquarters."

"Craig's comments came shortly after a protest was staged at the corner of McNichols and San Juan, where Littleton was killed hours earlier. Several members of the crowd threw bottles, bricks and other projectiles at officers, who deployed tear gas and made eight arrests, the chief said.

Craig praised the officers at the protest, and those who were on the scene earlier when according to the video, Littleton fired at the officers, one of whom charged the gunman.

"He's a hero," Craig said of the officer. "He showed tremendous courage trying to apprehend an armed suspect. It's simply a miracle he's alive."

All from the article.

Guy who shot at the officers got what he deserved IMO and the Chief did absolutely the correct thing, getting the tape and info out ASAP.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The treason and sedition continues, how much longer Patriots?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hmmmm.... a little perspective is in order here.

Newly released body and dash-camera footage by Detroit police in a deadly officer-involved shooting shows the suspect fired at police first before officers fatally shot him.

"Newly released"... so the video was just released.

The death of 20-year-old Hakeem Littleton Friday sparked protests throughout the city...

Which Friday would that be?

...July Fourth weekend...

There it is! A week ago Friday... which would be the 3rd of July. And when was the video released? Yesterday Friday, on the 10th of July.

So the protests would have taken place after the killing occurred but before the video was released -- seven days. The protesters were obviously presuming the worst. (When you're a hammer, everything's a nail, eh?)

And, no, the protesters were not protesting what they knew to be self-defense on the part of the officer. They obviously presumed too much, and they obviously presumed too much because there have been too many officers who have shot/killed unarmed people who posed no immediate threat to them. (Because when you're a hammer, everything's a nail, eh?)

This is what happens when police behave badly, are not held accountable, and the process is not transparent.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Irrelevant.

The animal shot at the Officers, he was swiftly put down.

The cops a Hero, GET OVER IT.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007

How much longer for what? You another one of those internet tough guys who's all 'I'm locked and loaded, let's do this' and then does nothing?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Irrelevant.

No. When the OP is all about the people protesting a justified shooting, and presents it in such a way that the protesters KNEW it was a justified shooting -- i.e., self-defense when the perp shot at him first -- then it is not only RELEVANT, it proves that the OP is IRRELEVANT.

The cops a Hero, GET OVER IT.

Yes, he probably is. He is definitely justified in shooting in self-defense, and there's a good chance he prevented the perp from shooting and possibly killing others.

Nothing for me to get over. I don't have a problem with the truth.

Apparently you do.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: av8r007

How much longer for what? You another one of those internet tough guys who's all 'I'm locked and loaded, let's do this' and then does nothing?

You don’t need to start a ground war to begin to solve this problem.

In fact, we’ve had enough war in my opinion and we don’t need more of it.

But, the post you questioned does raise a point - if the police won’t stop the problem, how long until the problem either reaches communities that don’t want the problems or people get seriously tired of dealing with this and take matters into their own hands?

I don’t say that as a keyboard warrior - I say that as we have multiple instances throughout history of people taking matters into their own hands to resolve a problem (never mind that’s kind of how America came about...).

I don’t have the answer to that, but I do suspect that if we see that happen in a few communities the movement will in fact spread. I suspect that would make the general situation in America pretty dicey if it went down like that, so I’d rather see us get back to the issues at hand and working on them as opposed to violence and lawlessness on all sides.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This is what happens when police behave badly, are not held accountable, and the process is not transparent.

No this is what happens in an idiocracy, it's what happens when society is socially engineered by the MSM and education system to make every issue about race to the point where they become racists themselves.
edit on 11/7/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
You don’t need to start a ground war to begin to solve this problem.

That kind of ruins it for all the basement dwelling mercs, they'll never get to try out their new kit.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Same kind of person who fervently wishes for the "Patriots" to do God's work, and then gets pissy when people who care about the country and constitution go out and actually do something, because they don't fit his specific vision of what a patriot is.

I mean what patriot wears Hawaiian shirts?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Same kind of person who fervently wishes for the "Patriots" to do God's work, and then gets pissy when people who care about the country and constitution go out and actually do something, because they don't fit his specific vision of what a patriot is.

Pretty much what I figured.

I mean what patriot wears Hawaiian shirts?

Not this guy. Unless Versace made one. Then I'd consider it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join