It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defund failing public education that is refusing to actually educate our children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
School's purpose has changed. They are now babysitters and meal providers. Education took a backseat when our society changed and more parents needed to work to put food food on the table or create a better life and get out of the rut of poverty.

But hey...wait a gosh darn minute! Even if those parents were home more and the families lived comfortably with better income and in better social standards, would those kids still be in school NOT getting an education? Is it because mega cities don't have enough teachers and classrooms are over crowded? Not enough teachers aid assistants? We've thrown tons of money at the issue and what ever they (say) they are doing doesn't seem to be working.

So what gives? As long as there are children they will be in school. Why not educate them while we're at it?

edit on 11-7-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: neo96
Defunding political re education camps works for me.

Home school or private school.

And give your children the tools they need to succeed in life.

Your typical working stiff doesn't have that kind of time or money...

They’d have a lot more $$ if we got rid of property taxes for public education...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Children aren't "immune" but Covid is no worse than the flu / cold for them. The data is readily available. In NYC, of the 20,000 or so dead, only like 700 were under 44 years old... You can literally count on one hand the number of deaths of people under 18 in most cities.

Covid primarily affects those who are unhealthy and have severely compromised immune systems.

If teachers feel they might be at risk, they should stay home. The rest of us need to get on with our lives.

Wash hands. Sanitize.

Schools and day care centers are already petri dishes of bugs. Every parent knows this. Covid is no different.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Defund everything.

paying taxes is oppression.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Obviously the mainstream education complex is all in favor of the Democrat/NWO agenda to stupefy the public once and for all πŸ›‘βŒπŸ›‘

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well I guess shutting down the world and scaring all logic out them has backfired. They never lost their jobs, had to hold up in their homes, be cut off from their friends , family, loved ones, forbidden to go to church, unable to traditionally bury their dead, or forced to wear masks to do the simple activities of daily life outside the home, with flu or the cold.

So trying to put that genie back in the bottle is not going to be that easy.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well I guess shutting down the world and scaring all logic out them has backfired. They never lost their jobs, had to hold up in their homes, be cut off from their friends , family, loved ones, forbidden to go to church, unable to traditionally bury their dead, or forced to wear masks to do the simple activities of daily life outside the home, with flu or the cold.

So trying to put that genie back in the bottle is not going to be that easy.

Yes, it is sad. The social fabric has been destroyed over hysteria. People are afraid to gather around each other. Kids have lost a good year of learning / development.

It will take years to get over this assuming our complicit media don't keep milking this nonsense every winter during flu season.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly! Always appreciate your insight on issues.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Timely post.

The school situation with this lock down is the one big issue that isn't getting as much attention as it needs.

My local schools shut down in late March and we had to home school our 5 year old. It was near impossible because both Mom & Dad also have demanding careers. Just because school shut down does not mean our bills and jobs did too. Not too mention also having a 3 year old with no day care options either. To the schools credit, they did do three days a week of 1 hour Zoom meetings with the teacher though.

Now the school system is saying they will likely just do two days a week in the fall. This still doesn't address how parents are supposed to juggle this and their jobs.

The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is that we know kids are the least affected by this Covid nonsense. So why the rush to shut down the schools? Secondly, it would be far safer to have the kids at a known entity with consistent social distancing / decontamination policies than forcing a substantial number of parents to have to put their kids in random day cars multiple times throughout the week because the schools are part-time.

Start a petition in your town to refund taxpayers 3/5 of the taxes they pay for education. If the public schools only educate the kids 2/5 of the time taxpayers should not pay for all of time that the schools don't provide.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I tried pointing this out when schools were first shut down.

We're going to have people becoming adults and entering the workforce with less education than before.

You think colleges and universities are going to lower their standards for acceptance? They're have already been instances of colleges waiving ACT SAT scores.

They are already letting people get driver's licenses without taking the test.

It's a good thing automation is coming along nicely ain't it.

What oh what are we going to do with all the people who can't or won't find work?

It's a good thing I already positioned myself as an automation technician.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

What oh what are we going to do with all the people who can't or won't find work?

Historically we conned them into a hundred grand in school debt to get degrees in art.
Now we're just stacking them up in high rise rentals in big cities to more efficiently dispose of them when the next collapse happens.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Defund Democrat cities and states.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

I mean. Can't really disagree with ya there. The question is what is going to be done about all of them?

When they can't find work to pay off their debts. When they live off of government assistance? When they don't really contribute to society?

Will we get to a point where people won't have to contribute to the economy or society?

When automation and robotics do most of the work.

We'll have careers for scientists, engineers, technicians, and farmers. That's basically it. And farmers probably won't even be farmers in the traditional since, but more like technicians maintaining autonomous farm equipment.

I'm already positioned to be able to find work as an automation technician. There will probably still be a need for electricians and mechanics, but there's been a push for a while now to combine the two trades.

Heck, as an automation technician/engineer I already do the work of a mechanic, electrician, plumber, rad tech, hvac, welder, telecom/IT/programmer, you name it I can do it. I can design the systems, and improve on existing systems as well.

There are people who have no skill, mostly from lack of trying. What is going to be done when robots are flipping burgers? What about when banks and grocery stores are automated?

That time is coming. I predict towards the latter portion of my life if I live long enough to be an old man.

Probably won't have flying cars mass produced. People already can't drive. What makes anyone think everyone can fly?

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I tried pointing this out when schools were first shut down.

We're going to have people becoming adults and entering the workforce with less education than before.

You think colleges and universities are going to lower their standards for acceptance? They're have already been instances of colleges waiving ACT SAT scores.

They are already letting people get driver's licenses without taking the test.

It's a good thing automation is coming along nicely ain't it.

Education is a powerful thing, a good education teaches people to think for themselves.

That is totally against what liberals/progressives stand for, everyone MUST think as they do, or else, lose their job and have their lives destroyed. That is the way liberals/progressives and leftists operate all over the USA today.

No wonder it is Democratic Party cities and states that want to keep children out of school and at the same time make it difficult for parents to homeschool. One Democrat even said homeschooling should be illegal. So keep kids at home until their is no virus or flu ever in the US, stop homeschooling.

Then the liberal left has the minds they want, unthinking lock step followers.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to: Edumakated

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one, I'ts the community.

as a public school teacher who has worked in several vastly different socio-economic districts I have personally seen this. Student's performance and success in education is really a function of the whole community, (especially the parents) .

Each situation is different at each location, I don't have a magical fix for everything but I can tell you blanket de-funding is not the cure. It is a deeper problem rooted in our society.

One other thing to consider on this: The public education system has been in a constant state of change and evolution since it began some 200 years ago in America... the current crisis may end up fostering a change for the better....

edit on 7/11/2020 by Lr103 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2020 by Lr103 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I definitely want to be in a position to be able to be there for my children and hopefully be able to raise them to be able to share the values and such that I have. In the least I hope that they would be able to have the ability to think critical and think for themselves.

I would like to have a traditional family with a stay at home mother, but if that's not possible I'd rather select the educators myself and pay them to come to my house to teach my children.

That's all dependent upon if I can even find a woman who is worth her salt. All the ones I meet currently are irresponsible and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: neo96
Defunding political re education camps works for me.

Home school or private school.

And give your children the tools they need to succeed in life.

Your typical working stiff doesn't have that kind of time or money...

Wrong. We did it until our local Catholic elementary school closed. If your priorities are in the right place it's possible. I worked in a public school system from '94-'12 and in the last ten years of that I saw a serious degradation of quality teaching and methods because of federal regulations. The DOE was one of the worst ideas ever, it took a lot of control away from locals and handed it to the feds. Bad decision.

I disagree with the online education not being good enough though, there are a lot of instructors that do high-quality jobs in this format. I will say that I personally know many teachers that weren't good in the classroom and would be far worse online.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I definitely want to be in a position to be able to be there for my children and hopefully be able to raise them to be able to share the values and such that I have. In the least I hope that they would be able to have the ability to think critical and think for themselves.

I would like to have a traditional family with a stay at home mother, but if that's not possible I'd rather select the educators myself and pay them to come to my house to teach my children.

That's all dependent upon if I can even find a woman who is worth her salt. All the ones I meet currently are irresponsible and ignorant.

I don't know how old you are but look for one a little older and more settled and secure. I know a lot of single women in the 30-50 range that would be excellent wives.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
More like stop destroying our Kids minds with curriculums designed by satanic baby killers and Secret Societies ex- Global Cabal influences and all kinds of other morally corrupt groups.

Enough babysitting....and its time for the Rainbow that over the last 30-40 years settled over all of our Education processes in a "tactical systemic manner" to disappear....like it is suppossed to when the Storm is over.

No more siphoning off all of the smartest most inquiring minds....no more supporting the less than ideal minds encouraged and funneled into Post Secondary streams....to dumb us down.

From despicable disgusting satanic p#do Disney to our Rainbow shadowed education and Political systems....we need to purge the evil man.

And we are.

Public education was weaponised against us all.....that sacred ground is being repatriated.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I disagree with the online education not being good enough though, there are a lot of instructors that do high-quality jobs in this format. I will say that I personally know many teachers that weren't good in the classroom and would be far worse online.

It depends on the system used.

All home-school curricula are online, and home-schooled kids generally are much smarter and much better able to think for themselves than those in the public fool system.

It is the online version of the public fool system that is being denigrated - and rightly so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join