It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President TRUMP Announcing a Path to U.S. Citizenship for over 2 Million "DREAMERS".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What about the parents of Dreamers? You know we’ll never deport the parents of newly minted U.S. citizens. Dreamers are anchor children. Yet no one talks about it, like so many unpleasant truths in this nation, like who will pay to support illegal aliens when they’re too old or disabled to work. Just like Dreamer parents, we’re much too nice to deport them.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

We should absolutely deport them, since they are the ones who broke the law and created the mess to begin with.

It will also have a chilling affect on future illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's starting to think like a politician now. He is only doing this to get votes because election year. Same with Biden appealing to the mask crowd. The funny thing is, oh back in March, the mask crowd was stating that they don't work and now look at them. I laugh Everytime they get all Karen on someone for not wearing them. Hypocrites.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It’s my second favorite bone! Thank you

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Trump doesn't have a choice.

SCOTUS told him he had to.

That depends on what you're talking about. SCOTUS told Trump that he couldn't eliminate the work permits and federal benefits paid to DACA recipients without also stating his plan for whether or not he planned on deporting them too. Trump's Executive Order will cover his plan to put them on a merit based system in order to avoid their deportation, but it will not include a pathway to citizenship, as only Congress can create that.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: chr0naut

This must come as a shock to all those who believed that he was going to oust the lot, after calling DACA "an illegal amnesty" and actually campaigning for years on ending DACA.

I suspect that Trump five days ago loosing his attempt to end DACA in the supreme court, caused this about face.

I guess all his previous 'strong arm' rhetoric was lies, and that he is clearly a conniving politician, just like the rest?

It'll be fun watching all the pro-Trumpers praising him for betraying them.

I knew they'd find a way to criticize Trump

Glad you're ok the record opposing this assistance to DACA. Or are you supporting Trump I'm confused........?

I think that I'll wait to see what happens.

It could be just another one.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Although I don't think he has the legal authority to do so, as a non-binding personal opinion only I'd like to see it happen in a way that judges merit.

For instance, DACA recipients who made the most of this opportunity and got an education OR is working AND not breaking any substantial laws should be able to stay. They've proven themselves worth it already.

Those who came here and started breaking our laws, sponging off others, doing drugs and disrespecting our country in any way should not. From the data I have seen DACA recipients are largely in the first category, in contrast to most illegal aliens who enter the country
edit on 7/11/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And the penalty for election fraud, benefits fraud, drugs, human trafficking and being an illegal immigrants is.....1 way ticket to just south of Mexico’s southern border. I hope he puts in a rider to dissolve the NFA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yeah it'll leave them speechless alright.

Speechless at how much of an inept cuckold Trump is, for handing them what they want while screwing over his supporters yet again.

We voted for Trump to stop illegal immigration and deport the illegals already here. We voted for him to repeal DACA. Instead he turns around and does the exact opposite.

Good thing we didn't vote for Hillary though right? Otherwise we would have had daca and a pathway to citizenship for illegals as well as race riots and anarcho-tyranny....oh wait.

Trump is too busy tweeting LAW & ORDER to do something. The army under his command issues emails declaring MAGA a white supremacist hate speech and is training soldiers to fight "white extremists."

While white people who voted for Trump and are his base can't even get a bone thrown their way, Trump makes sure to remind us about the black unemployment rate and meet with Hispanic leaders to launch a Hispanic prosperity program.

Because this is who will vote for him apparently. Gotta pander to every group except the one that got you into office apparently.

Trump is a disgrace and you and other Trump supporters are humiliating yourselves by going along with this back stabbing from Trump. I don't even want to vote for him anymore. Let Biden win and maybe in 2024 the GoP will wise up and actually represent my interests. Or not let the country collapse. Either outcome is preferable to this corrupt system continuing on.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It doesn't matter who does it so long as it gets done and it's good for the dreamers right?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Doesn't matter.

Liberals like my friend will believe that the dems forced him.
They will see this as a win for dems.
And other non voters and repubs will think this too.
Doing this isn't going to make any dems switch sides though I think that is why he is doing it.
But it might make some repubs not vote at all. Look at what some of them in this thread are saying. look at what repubs in congress are saying. They don't like this. For some this could be their reason for turning away from him.

I know one non voter that does think he was forced.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And that's why Obama left them in the limbo. Obama was leaving the office, he didn't need votes anymore.

Actually I agree with this.

And I said that trump would start doing things the left likes once we got closer to november.
It's all about the votes.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Why didn't Obama and the dems take care of this when they had both houses and the POTUS? Makes ya think, huh?

Doesn't matter.
This is all about votes. Will this get dems to switch and vote trump?
What do the non voters think?
Will the dreamers vote trump because he is doing this?
Will we see dreamers on fox campaigning for trump or will we see them on cnn thanking the dems for making this happen?

Can they vote? Will they be able to if this happens?

Will this turn away repubs?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Phage

Obama wanted Congress to do something.
So did Trump.

What happened?

The DACA Dreamers were apparently used as pawns. Thankfully that's coming to an end soon, thanks to a brave and empathic President.

Trump is also using them as pawns. Why can't you see that?
I think you do see it but wont admit it because you think that it's some kind of clever trolling.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The DACA Dreamers were apparently used as pawns.

No. They were protected because Congress didn't do crap about them.

They have been used as pawns though. When ever one side needed to have a soap box to stand on it was the dreamers they used.
Not all , but many in congress needed the dreamer issue just so they would have something to argue over. Something that makes it look like they are working.

And now trump is using them.
But trump knows he only has 4 years at the most left in government. So if his use of them helps him and makes it so that they can't be used by the congress anymore I think he is the type to do that.

As long as it's good for the dreamers I don't care. If the dems , repubs, indos, potus does this it wont change how I feel about any of them.
I just want it done.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

We should absolutely deport them, since they are the ones who broke the law and created the mess to begin with.

It will also have a chilling affect on future illegal immigration.
Yes, we should, but we won’t.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer

He's starting to think like a politician now. He is only doing this to get votes because election year. Same with Biden appealing to the mask crowd. The funny thing is, oh back in March, the mask crowd was stating that they don't work and now look at them. I laugh Everytime they get all Karen on someone for not wearing them. Hypocrites.

I don’t want ‘em to get citizenship, but it was gonna happen no matter what. Most GOP Congress critters don’t have the guts to ignore accusations of racism and cruelty. If supporting amnesty gets Trump re-elected, I guess that’s a compromise I’m willing to accept. I don’t like it, but that’s life in general and the sordid reality of politics. Maybe it’ll get him some votes. I doubt Democrats will compromise on any issue as a quid pro quo.
edit on 12-7-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The path with a little thought is something very easy to figure out.

Simply put? Service for citizenship. Whether military, civil service, or something else entirely.

While on the path, you get payed, no taxes taken out. One can leave at any time--facing whatever penalties may await an illegal immigrant.

At the end of the service period--raise your hand, take the oath of citizenship, and welcome to America.

Then you've become a citizen with all the rights and duties that come along with it. Paying taxes. Etc...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I know. Most Repubs are as spineless as their democrat drinking buddies. It's why the gridlock didn't end when we controlled both houses of Congress and the President.

I'm ok with amnesty if it gets Trump reelected also. I have nothing against the DACA folks other than the fact it was illegal.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Bring back the caravans!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join