It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President TRUMP Announcing a Path to U.S. Citizenship for over 2 Million "DREAMERS".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Isn't that against the ATS Terms of Service?

It isn't. Actually.

I've never checked into the possibility.
You just clicked "ok?"
edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Obama wanted Congress to do something.
So did Trump.

What happened?

The DACA Dreamers were apparently used as pawns. Thankfully that's coming to an end soon, thanks to a brave and empathic President.

edit on 7/10/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The DACA Dreamers were apparently used as pawns.

No. They were protected because Congress didn't do crap about them.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Obama wanted Congress to do something.
So did Trump.

What happened?

The dems have the house. Trump already offered them a deal, dreamers for the wall. Dems f'd over the dreamers.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The dems have the house.

Not until 2019.

Before that the president, the House and the Senate were all Republican.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: HalWesten

Not me, no screaming here over this topic. Rather than scream i will say good on ya Trumpyboy.
Shoulda done this a couple of years ago,but better late than never.

One thing though, let's see exactly what that ''path'' is and whether or not he really signs it.
Could this be just another one of his ''I'm gonnas''

Why didn't Obama and the dems take care of this when they had both houses and the POTUS? Makes ya think, huh?

Obama and Democrats had the White House/House/Senate for only 2 years. They passed the scam ObamaCare in 2010 (without reading it) and voters rebelled by taking away Democratic leadership of the House in Nov 2010, and the Senate in Nov 2014.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The DACA Dreamers were apparently used as pawns.

No. They were protected because Congress didn't do crap about them.

They were protected by Obama's Executive Order? As illegal aliens, they would have been deported otherwise.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

They were protected by Obama's Executive Order? As illegal aliens, they would have been deported otherwise.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: panoz77

Not me, no screaming here over this topic. Rather than scream i will say good on ya Trumpyboy.

One thing though, let's see exactly what that ''path'' is and whether or not he really signs it.
Could this be just another one of his ''I'm gonnas''

Why didn't Obama and the dems take care of this when they had both houses and the POTUS? Makes ya think, huh?

Obama and Democrats had the White House/House/Senate for only 2 years. They passed the scam ObamaCare in 2010 (without reading it) and voters rebelled by taking away Democratic leadership of the House in Nov 2010, and the Senate in Nov 2014.

You'd think they could manage passing a dreamer bill in about 2 weeks, let alone 2 years. If it was important to them, it wasn't. Keeping your slaves dependent on you, is worth more than setting them free.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
2 million more taxpayers.🤔

No brainer.🤷🏾‍♂️

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

The dems have the house.

Not until 2019.

Before that the president, the House and the Senate were all Republican.

And your point is what? You want the GOP to do the libs work for them for nothing? If the dems cared for the dreamers, they would have taken the wall deal.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

No one stopped Obama from doing this even earlier, during his EIGHT years in office....but ....crickets.....

Obama, "you did not build that".... correct, Trump did....

But, but Obama looks so good in a suit and says nice words and all that.....smh....

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't agree with It but he has to do it. Dreamers is a made up word. These people are here illegally. Apply for citizenship. There is a process. Yes, blame it on your illegal parents, blame on whoever. Doesn't matter. There is a process. Use the process. Follow the process. This deters others from being in this Hades state. Giving them citizenship encourages and emboldens more of them to go for it. It's not solving the problem. What will happen is more and more will be enticed to come here and get chewed up and spit out by meager paying jobs. It's making lives worse for them in the long run. More and more will be in this situation. A never ending revolving door of cheap, replaceable labor.
edit on 11-7-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Apply for citizenship. There is a process.

No there isn't. They are here illegally (through no fault of their own). That creates a whole set of roadblocks to citizenship
thelibreinitiative.com...

These are people who have been living in the US for the vast majority of their lives. They are American in every way but name. They don't have a home anywhere else.

Hopefully Trump actually has something in the works that can help them.

We'll see what happens.

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Good for him, a big winner this election season. Whatever he thinks is best

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sounds like he does. But I expect, as usual, democrats will throw a tantrum over any solution he comes up with and stomp their feet because its racist, sexist, xenophobic, pro-Russia, nationalist, religious zealot, etc and all the above.

Of course it will be none of those things and the entire premise of their argument will be on its face false. As it always is.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, July 10, 2020

President Trump announced this major action while in Florida today..

(REUTERS) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he will sign an executive order on immigration in the next few weeks with a road to citizenship for migrants who are in the United States illegally but arrived in the country as children.
More at: www.usnews.com...

This is good news. I think there are approximately 2 million "dreamers" living in the USA.

He said this in an interview on Telemundo (the Hispanic channel.)

I'm thinking that it's something he said on the spur of the moment and unless he gets a lot of noise/support for it, it won't happen.

"If you look at the Supreme Court ruling, they gave the president tremendous powers when they said that you can take in, in this case 700,000 or so people ... Based on the powers that they gave, I'm going to be doing an immigration bill," Trump vowed. "One of the aspects of the bill that you'll be very happy with and a lot of people will be, including me and a lot of Republicans, by the way, will be DACA. We'll give them a road to citizenship."
source: townhall.com...

Ted Cruz, however, tweeted in response: "There is ZERO constitutional authority for a President to create a “road to citizenship” by executive fiat. It was unconstitutional when Obama issued executive amnesty, and it would be a HUGE mistake if Trump tries to illegally expand amnesty. "

There was a backlash from other conservatives, as you can see from the article.

So... I'm betting there won't be an Executive Order or if there is, it's so badly done that the Republicans and the courts challenge it immediately.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The dem controlled house hasn't put anything forward to help them.
Why would they?
They can't vote.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

This must come as a shock to all those who believed that he was going to oust the lot, after calling DACA "an illegal amnesty" and actually campaigning for years on ending DACA.

I suspect that Trump five days ago loosing his attempt to end DACA in the supreme court, caused this about face.

I guess all his previous 'strong arm' rhetoric was lies, and that he is clearly a conniving politician, just like the rest?

It'll be fun watching all the pro-Trumpers praising him for betraying them.

edit on 11/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This must come as a shock to all those who believed that he was going to oust the lot, after calling DACA "an illegal amnesty" and actually campaigning for years on ending DACA.

I suspect that Trump five days ago loosing his attempt to end DACA in the supreme court, caused this about face.

I guess all his previous 'strong arm' rhetoric was lies, and that he is clearly a conniving politician, just like the rest?

It'll be fun watching all the pro-Trumpers praising him for betraying them.

I knew they'd find a way to criticize Trump

Glad you're ok the record opposing this assistance to DACA. Or are you supporting Trump I'm confused........?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join