It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Void... does anyone remember it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Some people speculate that we are all a part of the universe, akin to the "Force" and that when we die we go to the place we were created... the void. Not everyone goes immediately to the void, some stay and linger as ghost and spirits, however once there they see their own reflection of their inner selves. Like an awaking the void fills with light(i.e. love, hope,etc.) and the person again joins the universe. Some people skip directly to the "light" because they have a greater understanding of their purpose and of extinence's purpose. God, which is an intangibility that no one can ever comprehend, because it is everything, including us, we define our own reality, as does "God".

Our bodies are but constructs that allow us to interact with a physical world, and all "being" to exist. The question about the reason for life is in itself the answer. We live to live. No one should squander what we are apart of...

I remember the void... not as a memory...but more of a "feeling"... an instant that was over when I was born into this world. When I grew old enough to finally reason... for one brief instant I knew where I was from... like an apifany of existence... and then it was over.

Do you remember the void and the light? Perhaps a feeling of being apart of something before you were born? I am just curious... I am trying to find "God" in my own agnostic, scientific way, so if you could indulge me with you thoughts about life and existence I would appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Yes, without a doubt I remember Heaven or the Void as you call it. I have never been afraid of dying, and I've had conversations with lots of people where they try to explain that sort of fear to me but I cannot imagine it. It's not like I want to die or anything, in fact I'm excited for the possibilities and pleasures this life holds, but I know 100% in my mind that when I die, I will be back in the "hot tub" of heavenly bliss.

I can't explain it, but it's true in my case. It's like a delicious food that I ate once but can't remember the taste of. I can't remember the 'taste' of Heaven, but I am constantly reminded of it by the blandness of the 'taste' of Incarnation. (poor analogy
)

[edit on 15-3-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i can remember being born, last year i had an awakening and i remembered every single thing that has happend in my life, all actions thoughts and dreams. it was the strangest night of my life, i had visions of my own death and everything, it was as if i had discovered the truth about human nature. it was a eureka moment that lasted all night long, time stopped when the light bulb in my head flicked on.
after that night nothing was the same, i was in the void. the abyss.
it was the dark night of the soul, i was depressed for months and i wished i had never had my awakening, ignorance IS bliss.
now im free from the trance i can see people in their own trance, their complex personalities they've created for themselves. i like it when peoples minds reach the border of the unknown, and they faze out for a second or two starting the cycle once again

join