It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta rolls back to phase 1 COVID plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Off the top of my head, perhaps because there was a "flu season" every year and the health system had been set up to better deal with it. I reckon 1918 probably had a part to play with that.

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

ATLANTA — Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms

Seriously....that's her actual name??

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Everyone is probably going to have to go back to Phase 1, and the economy is going to take another hit. All because people can’t be adults and just wear a damn mask.

Because of all the idiots that think an inconvenience is oppression.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Oh yea, I forgot. It's an election year. Silly me.

Is that why the UK was in lockdown until recently also, because of American politics, dam your politics are so widespread more so than bloody covid

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

All because people can’t be adults and just wear a damn mask.

While joining large groups, while in close proximity to others who aren't wearing a damn mask.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Texas won't be going back to "Stay at home" orders or any phase 1, so what if people have to wear a mask, it isn't a big deal with a few exceptions as outlined by our own State.

Meanwhile, Coronovirus is spreading like wildfire in Cali.

All in all, I think if they push the Mask mandate without having to roll back, things will be fine.

No sense in taking another economic hit.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Flesh699

Off the top of my head, perhaps because there was a "flu season" every year and the health system had been set up to better deal with it. I reckon 1918 probably had a part to play with that.

Mortality rate for the US is 4.3.

Moratlity rate of 1918 was 2.5.

Sorry bud, not buying it.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Texas won't be going back to "Stay at home" orders or any phase 1

That would be good. But with the death rate seemingly taking off (higher than ever), along with hospitalizations (higher than ever), It may not be a good idea to take if off table. For some counties, at least.
covidtracking.com...

If too many people get sick, that too can have a large effect on the economy.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Hospitals are and will continue to do elective surgeries which obviously takes up resources and beds.
Yes. They seem to be talking about projection a while out. Best to slow the snowball earlier rather than later, I think. Flatten the curve, so to speak.

Yes but let's not forget the CDC caveat that all hospitalizations and deaths recorded include pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses. Which has to skew the numbers as well. Again I'm not saying don't wear a mask, I don't like it but I do because I'm taking care of people at risk as well.

www.cdc.gov...

Confirmed & Probable Counts

As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement pdf iconexternal iconissued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease. Nationally notifiable disease cases are voluntarily reported to CDC by jurisdictions.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.

A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:

Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19
Not all jurisdictions report confirmed and probable cases and deaths to CDC. When not available to CDC, it is noted as N/A.

Accuracy of Data

CDC does not know the exact number of COVID-19 illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths for a variety of reasons. COVID-19 can cause mild illness, symptoms might not appear immediately, there are delays in reporting and testing, not everyone who is infected gets tested or seeks medical care, and there may be differences in how jurisdictions confirm numbers.

Changes & Fluctuations in Data

Health departments may update case data over time when they receive more complete and accurate information.

The number of new cases reported each day fluctuates. There is generally less reporting on the weekends and holidays.

Differences between CDC and Jurisdiction Data

If the number of cases or deaths reported by CDC is different from the number reported by jurisdiction health departments, data reported by jurisdictions should be considered the most up to date. The differences may be due to the timing of the reporting and website updates.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I don't disagree.

As abbott has said, Coronovirus is here to stay, we have to learn to love with it.

I do know that some of the biggest offenders were young adults and Bars, I even seen this with my own eyes.

Texas responded accordingly.

Overall, while cases are to naturally increase, it being a Novel virus and all, I think Texas has been doing pretty decently.

edit on 10-7-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yes but let's not forget the CDC caveat that all hospitalizations and deaths recorded include pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.

Pneumonia is not an illness, it is a condition. A condition which can be caused by various viruses and bacteria. Including SARS-CoV-2.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yep, for every 1 million people in Texas, only 108 have died all year, from covid-19 related conditions.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yes but let's not forget the CDC caveat that all hospitalizations and deaths recorded include pneumonia and other respiratory illnesses.

Pneumonia is not an illness, it is a condition. A condition which can be caused by various viruses and bacteria. Including SARS-CoV-2.

Not saying it is, just that it's highly likely that some pneumonia and respiratory cases and deaths have been lumped together as COVID.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Only 3,013 people.

Including 95 deaths today, 105 yesterday, and 98 the day before that.

covidtracking.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The CDC separates pneumonia cases between COVID and influenza.
Their (out of date) statistic show 128,582 deaths involving pneumonia. 51,572 (40%) involving COVID.
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yea that her name and even though I disagree with her on this among other things, she is a good mayor has high integrity and character but politicians are gonna politic. The shutdown came on the heel of Governor Kemp stating her mask law was unenforceable. Right after that here comes the Shutdown 2.0 Let's put everybody on welfare.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Because this virus spreads like you know... the common cold? Which spreads like wild fire for the most part. And this is a coronavirus, just it's 'novel' meaning, new. And it really does a number on the respiratory system, to the point where it causes pneumonia. Think it's safe to say if someone in today's climate gets pneumonia, it's going to be from COVID-19, because the other causes of pneumonia are either from infection, or bacteria. Which are treated completely different.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

it is to early , they are supposed to be locked down in November

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Yea that her name and even though I disagree with her on this among other things, she is a good mayor has high integrity and character but politicians are gonna politic. The shutdown came on the heel of Governor Kemp stating her mask law was unenforceable. Right after that here comes the Shutdown 2.0 Let's put everybody on welfare.

I agree she is a good mayor with integrity, but I think she is legitimately looking out for—and cares about—Atlanta's residents, hence the reason for returning to Phase 1.

Why the hell is Kemp interfering with cities and mask ordinances? That's stupid, reckless, and, IMO, overstepping of authority. If a city wants to mandate masks in the absence of a state mandate (Savannah, Decatur, Atlanta, etc), that's their business and right.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Everyone is probably going to have to go back to Phase 1, and the economy is going to take another hit. All because people can’t be adults and just wear a damn mask.

Because of all the idiots that think an inconvenience is oppression.

We agreed to flatten the curve not destroy the economy over a virus the VAST majority of people survive without any issues.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join