It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta rolls back to phase 1 COVID plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well here goes the shuffling back and forth, Atlanta goes back to Phase 1. Guess you have to hope they know what they are doing but somehow to me it looks like a political ploy more than anything else. They are also reactivating the virtually unused overflow beds at the GWCC.

www.wsbtv.com... U/

ATLANTA — Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms is preparing to roll back the city's reopening plans as coronavirus cases surge, a spokesperson told Channel 2 Action News Friday.

The city will go back to Phase 1, in which all residents are ordered to stay home except for essential trips.

Atlanta entered Phase 2 at the end of May, which was described as an “easing” of restrictions phase.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Democrats any means necessary to keep their agenda of authoritarianism alive 🆘👃🆘

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They'll be celebrating Bottoms Up as millions go bankrupt 🥴

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Atlanta rolls back to phase 1 COVID plan

Yeah.

Number of available beds at metro hospitals reaching critical levels (not to mention areas of Texas, Arizona, and Florida)

“The stress it puts on the hospital systems, the medical systems is significant and that is increasing, not decreasing,” Jansen told Channel 2 Action News.

The number of hospital beds are filling up for trauma patients and those needing long term care, and when you add in those needing treatment for the coronavirus, there's barely enough bed space.

“We’ve tripled that number. Not quite as high as we were in the peak in early, mid-May but we are rapidly approaching that,” Jansen said.

Coronavirus hospitalizations have more than doubled in last 2 weeks

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is the Governor of Texas a Democrat?
www.texastribune.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

She faked Contracting coronavirus last week to lay the groundwork for today's action.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'd bet $20 Pennsylvania will be back to phase 1 in the next 2 weeks.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well it just doesn't look like the numbers warrant another shutdown, I don't want anybody to get sick, my Uncle just got out of the hospital with COVID he was there 4 days 76 years old previous lung condition and he is out and at home doing fine. Just like 95% of the patients do. Hell most of my family is at risk cause we are either old, overweight had previous conditions and or smoke. So we are and have been aware of the danger, I would not be surprised if one or two of us hasn't already got COVID honestly. That said this ain't Canada we got bills to pay and we need to get back to work to see if our business will actually be viable. Been virtually shut down four months with COVID and the riots and we were really hoping to get just a chance.

It's almost like she couldn't enforce the wear a mask, so she shut it all down.

And yes it's frustrating economically we were getting ready for our August tradeshow normally our largest of the year. Even though we know numbers will be down we were hoping to get some business and be able to meet our customers and get back to work, which obviously is all in jeopardy now.

edit on 10-7-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Shhh, youre breaking the ATS protocol,

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The hospital situation is irrelevant?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
All good here in Michigan we have a new $500 fine for not wearing a mask we have to keep people out and about to make money. $500 here and $500 there so where does the money go??? Saw this coming.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"During the 2017-2018 season, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was at or above the epidemic threshold for 16 consecutive weeks. During the past five seasons, the average number of weeks this indicator was above threshold was 11 (range of 7 to 15 weeks). Nationally, mortality attributed to P&I exceeded 10.0% for four consecutive weeks, peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018."
www.cdc.gov...

So.....................where were the masks and lock downs during 2018?

Oh yea, I forgot. It's an election year. Silly me.

CAN I GETTA BIG AND ANNOYINGLY LOUD OOF?
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago0904699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Your source:

While flu vaccine can vary in how well it works, flu vaccination is the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications and prevents millions of flu illnesses and related doctors’ visits and tens of thousands of hospitalizations.

Perhaps the same will be true for COVID at some point. Then these measures may not be necessary.

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The hospital situation is irrelevant?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not at all I get that they have to be cautious, but they do have the overflow beds that were barely used the first go around, still available. Even in our worst days here they only used 17 of the 200 available, as well as now the hospitals have gotten way better at managing triage and getting patients in and out quickly. As a side note, the hospitals aren't eliminating other surgery procedures which is telling in itself wouldn't you say.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Your source:

While flu vaccine can vary in how well it works, flu vaccination is the best way to prevent flu and its potentially serious complications and prevents millions of flu illnesses and related doctors’ visits and tens of thousands of hospitalizations.

Perhaps the same will be true for COVID at some point. Then these measures may not be necessary.

I haven't had the flu shot in 25 years. To think a magical vaccine is the only thing to stop absurd power projections (masks) and the corporate take over of mom and pop stores is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If hospitals are raising alarms, it might be prudent to pay attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I haven't had the flu shot in 25 years.

That's awesome.

The flu vaccine helps control the disease. There is no COVID vaccine.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

If hospitals are raising alarms, it might be prudent to pay attention.

Hospitals are and will continue to do elective surgeries which obviously takes up resources and beds. Atlanta my have a rush on beds but there are lots of hospitals in the surrounding area especially on the northside, which I had to visit numerous times the past 2 weeks. Last checked Georgia has over 22,000 hospital beds with the vast majority within one hour of Atlanta.

www.ahd.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I haven't had the flu shot in 25 years.

That's awesome.

The flu vaccine helps control the disease. There is no COVID vaccine.

So could you explain why nothing was shut down and forced quarantines weren't a thing before a flu vaccine was developed?
edit on fFridayAmerica/Chicago5505699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hospitals are and will continue to do elective surgeries which obviously takes up resources and beds.
Yes. They seem to be talking about projection a while out. Best to slow the snowball earlier rather than later, I think. Flatten the curve, so to speak.
edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join