It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Right To Openly Discuss Ideas Must Be Defended."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
WATCH:
twitter.com...

This man in the video (London?) stands alone on the street, quietly and peacefully, holding his sign (stating the OP title, above).
Soon, he is beset by Antifa-like protestors, shouting him down, calling him "NAZI SCUM"...THREATENING HIM...AND FORCING HIM TO GO AWAY.

"The Right To Openly Discuss Ideas Must Be Defended."

Who'da thunk such a message would be so controversial?
Since when is saying: "The Right To Openly Discuss Ideas Must Be Defended."...Nazism and 'Hate Speech'?

FOLKS...this is where we're all heading.
The idea of even defending the open and free discussion of ideas...is now being shouted down, silenced and called 'Hate Speech'.

To those here on the Left...I ask---What is your idea about this?

Do you support what these people have done?
Are you AGAINST 'The Right To Openly Discuss Ideas Being Defended'?
(See what I'm doing here--defending and encouraging the right to openly discuss ideas?)

If you answer "NO" to any of the above questions...you need to speak out against Marxist groups such as ANTIFA and BLM.

edit on 10-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
His sign is extremely and overtly ‘anti leftist’

There is no other slogan that could be more in opposition to left wing ideals

‘Openly discussing ideas’ goes against EVERYTHING they stand for and preach about

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

It clearly triggered a MOB response against him.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Well , Once the " Discussion " Ends , then the Head Butting Begins to Determine the Leader of the Herd , and for the Survival of the Species .......

edit on 10-7-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not only does the mob not like the message, they're assaulting the guy shoving him and taking his sign. There's even a cop in the crowd. TV cameras too. Unbelievable behavior.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Geez TAT...didn't you get the memo !?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Seems to be from 2017 or earlier.

Published on 13 May 2017
edit on 10-7-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Not only does the mob not like the message, they're assaulting the guy shoving him and taking his sign. There's even a cop in the crowd. TV cameras too. Unbelievable behavior.

Imagine being upset, offended by someone saying their right to openly discuss ideas should be defended.
Imagine being labeled 'NAZI SCUM' for defending your right to defend your rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Seems to be from 2017 or earlier.

Published on 13 May 2017

I never said it was new...what does that matter?

BTW...TY for imbedding the VID....

edit on 10-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

As someone on the left, my idea about this is that this is happening in England. We tore down their statues and used them as bullets against them so we wouldn’t have to put up with this.

It’s why we’re fighting tooth and nail against your orange moron trying to enshrine himself as a monarch.

No thanks are needed.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
He is from the US and that was all it was. It is the odd man out thing and the sigh of course although he could have held nothing and just have been walking by and it would not have mattered at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You're right, and it's not the first time in our history that free speech has been attacked by the herd, the self-appointed censors.

I've thought for years that the planet is over-populated with humans. Our population density has become unsustainable, and many species go nuts when there are too many in too confined an area.

The masses reject authority somehow.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Context always matters. Obviously I agree with the message the guy is holding up on his sign and am appalled by the reaction this gets. However presenting it without mentioning the date is negligent at best and manipulative at worst. It creates the impression that there is even more of this madness going on right now than is already the case.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s why we’re fighting tooth and nail against your orange moron trying to enshrine himself as a monarch.

You really have some odd ideas about Trump.
No big deal really. Just a psychotic fixation and wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

As someone on the left, my idea about this is that this is happening in England. We tore down their statues and used them as bullets against them so we wouldn’t have to put up with this.

No thanks are needed.

"The right to openly discuss ideas must be defended", to you, boils down to Orange Man Bad. Predicable but boring.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You cannot serve two masters is the problem, you will always love the one and hate the other. Just as so, being a leftist and an American is serving two masters. You cannot be free and also be a leftist, the sad fact is you've been enslaved by an ideology and cannot even recognize the danger before you. The left looks more like Nazi germany today than any wild leftist imaginations about Trump could ever be.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
More context - this seems to be written by the guy who held the sign - his name is Daniel 'DC' Miller

Apr 16, 2017
THE TRUE STORY OF LD50

I decided to attend alone, and make a counter-protest to support the freedom to discuss ideas, and against intimidation. I made a sign saying “The Right to Openly Discuss Ideas Must be Defended” (the reverse side said “Stand-up to Violence and Intimidation”) and came in the morning and stood against the gallery wall. I’d only been there for a moment when a crowd began to form. Almost immediately, I was surrounded by a group of people screaming Nazi at me — “Nazi”, “white supremacist”, “fascist”, etc. I said I was Jewish, and also an anti-fascist myself, and I believed in discussion. The crowd jeered. I stood my ground until a guy appeared — Garry McFarlane, a Black Lives Matter leader, and ripped it from my hands. Led by him, the crowd pushed me away. “Don’t worry, I got the whole thing on video,” I heard a voice next to me say, and she disappeared. 

See also:
Targeted, harassed and falsely labelled a fascist

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You won't get the cowardly leftists to defend this because they want to abolish hate speech.

They want to be justified in harming people when something is said that they disagree with.

They'll say things like "Consequences for free speech" to justify their totalitarian motivations and violent actions.

Cowards.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They (the lunatic identity politics corporate left) hate open discussion and free speech because their ideas thrive only in an environment of censorship and repression. To the point they marginalise and oppress the more traditional or moderate left more than their percieved opponents. Their arguments collapse under the most minute of scrutiny.

Fortunately for mankind ideas that rely on mass censorship and repression in a culture that has engrained the fundemental rights of man for centuries do not persist. The petty tyrants of today will meet the same fate as their not dissimilar brethern (in terms of operation, not ideology) the ultra religious right of 30 years ago - total marginalisation, rejection and discreditation.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe all those claims about fluoride and (SNIP) making us dumb were right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join