It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wayfair Trafficking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
A Ytube ad posted on twitter for Wayfair.

Link

Creepy Joe: MMmm Fresh out of the 📦

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Robbo2006

what the actual f**k

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

what the actual f**k

We should be Looking for the original source of the advert. Could be made up nonsense. It certainly looks like it.

Why isn’t anyone questioning things anymore?

It’s not just this thread, it’s happening in lots of others. What’s happening people?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I got told its a doctored fedex ad, did not factcheck it but it makes sense.

//Eventually found a link: meaww.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: slapjacks

what the actual f**k

We should be Looking for the original source of the advert. Could be made up nonsense. It certainly looks like it.

Why isn’t anyone questioning things anymore?

It’s not just this thread, it’s happening in lots of others. What’s happening people?
I couldn't believe all the comments on Twitter from people who believed that rubbish. When I was 5 years old, my parent told me I had to poke air holes in the box I carried my frogs in or they would suffocate. There were no air holes in those boxes, and of course many other things, like sex traffickers are going to keep a low profile, not run public ads of how they ship kids in cardboard boxes with no holes in them.

Fake advert aside, I don't really buy wayfair's explanation that 14,000 is just what a high end cabinet sells for.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006

originally posted by: gps777
A Ytube ad posted on twitter for Wayfair.

Link

Creepy Joe: MMmm Fresh out of the 📦

Except totally fake
Wayfair ad is fake

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Thanks for clearing that up and that link abeverage

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Drucifer
...nothing is going to rejuvenate them better than a week of adrenachrome foam face masks.

The only reason you think that is because you've never sucked the stem cells from someone's spine with a 24kt gold straw.

I laughed. That’s dark. Super dark. I’ve got a pretty dark sense of humor, but you win.

Star for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Snopes:
Snopes Debunk

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
Snopes:
Snopes Debunk
Not the greatest debunk I ever read. As I said in my previous post, "sex traffickers are going to keep a low profile", but "Fake advert aside, I don't really buy wayfair's explanation that 14,000 is just what a high end cabinet sells for". So I already made the same point as Snopes that thinking child traffickers would use such a high profile method does seem so absurd as to not make sense.

But, that doesn't really answer the question about the ridiculously overpriced items. If Wayfair had said it was an accidental pricing error that might be plausible, but I can't buy the pricing was legitimate as they claimed, and Snopes found an even worse example, this $99 shower curtain selling for $9999 with your name on it, is Wayfair going to claim that's a legitimate price too? Snopes has no answer, the link currently says:

"We reached out to Wayfair for more information about the expensive pillows and shower curtains, but have yet to receive a response." What can Wayfair possibly say to explain this?

So while I agree with Snopes that the child trafficking conspiracy is too weird to be true, there must be some explanation for the overpriced items, and Wayfair's claim they are valid prices is awfully hard to believe. What's the real reason? I have no idea, so it's an interesting story even if it's not about child trafficking. The $9999 shower curtain is personalized, but you'd really be getting ripped off if you paid another $99 for personalization, so even $200 would be a rip-off.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
Snopes:
Snopes Debunk

Oh thank god! For a second, there, I thought there might be a real investigation.

Hey everybody! Snopes is here to set the record straight! Guess we’ll be seeing this thread in the hoax bin soon.

/sarc

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ApCadmus
Definition of Waif = a missing or abandoned child.
Definition of Fare = a price you pay for a person to go from A to B.

They put it in plain site.

They had baby albums priced at $16,000 also. And pillows for $10,000.

All with girl names.

Their spokeswoman said it was a "glitch" on Twitter.

This was also on their website earlier (may still be).
prntscr.com...
"If you're looking for a place to buy kids and babies online..."

I am buying a put option against them on Monday for sure. Their stock is going to tank.

No need to even do research or anything these days, they just outright say it.

Coz that’s totally believable.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Modern life is rubbish.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

To be fair, I work for an online retailer and pricing mistakes happen quite often (as well as mistakes with the header title, dimensions, weight etc etc). The stock items are usually uploaded and re-uploaded to the database in bulk from an excel file and if the data in that file gets skewed somehow and is missed, then the items "go live" with the mistakes in place and probably won't be changed until someone (usually a customer) points it out.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nik1halo

How often does your merch have names of missing kids and your company issues a statement saying no it's industrial grade that's why this chair named Mariah is 14k.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
a reply to: nik1halo

How often does your merch have names of missing kids and your company issues a statement saying no it's industrial grade that's why this chair named Mariah is 14k.

They made a mistake saying the pricing is correct instead of it was a publishing error they happen.
Anyone who knows anything knows an "industrial cabinet" will not be over 2000 for the best.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You can pretty much type your own name in there and get stuff that matches it, they aren't selling missing kids on Waif-fare.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
ok but why are they selling files.abovetopsecret.com... 2 shower curtains that are basically identical 1 is 99 bucks and the other is 9999 bucks no one in their right mind would order the one for $9999.99 unless they are in the know what;s really going on......I am not saying child sex trafficking...... money laundering comes to mind......and wayfair sets the prices and there is an option to put out of stock.......something is not right.......I sent the shower curtain pics to snopes and asked them to follow up...can't be explained away like the cabinets, and that was not a very good explanantion

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You can pretty much type your own name in there and get stuff that matches it, they aren't selling missing kids on Waif-fare.

edit on 15-7-2020 by research100 because: added link

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nik1halo
a reply to: SeaWorthy

To be fair, I work for an online retailer and pricing mistakes happen quite often (as well as mistakes with the header title, dimensions, weight etc etc). The stock items are usually uploaded and re-uploaded to the database in bulk from an excel file and if the data in that file gets skewed somehow and is missed, then the items "go live" with the mistakes in place and probably won't be changed until someone (usually a customer) points it out.
Pricing mistakes happen, that's understandable. What's not understandable is how Wayfair can put out an official statement saying the way too high price was correct. If that was a mistake it's not understandable, it's crazy. They were basically being asked why is the price insane and they say its not insane, it's correct. Now they not only have an insane price, but an insane answer about why the price is insane.

originally posted by: research100
ok but why are they selling files.abovetopsecret.com... 2 shower curtains that are basically identical 1 is 99 bucks and the other is 9999 bucks no one in their right mind would order the one for $9999.99 unless they are in the know what;s really going on......I am not saying child sex trafficking...... money laundering comes to mind......and wayfair sets the prices and there is an option to put out of stock.......something is not right.......I sent the shower curtain pics to snopes and asked them to follow up...can't be explained away like the cabinets, and that was not a very good explanantion
Those shower curtain pics came from the Snopes article! which said they already asked Wayfair about them, and have not received any reply so far.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

There's also the $10,000 throw pillows - same design, different names

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join