It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in, BLM is immune to Covid.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddguy

originally posted by: The2Billies

a reply to: network dude

Yes BLM is a very racist group, even against black people.

They have clearly said that Black Lives Matter ONLY applies to black people killed by white police.

They have been very clear that the black people killed by BLM members do not matter.

They have been very clear that the black children killed by BLM members do not matter.

So yes they are racist because they are quite clear that ONLY Black people Killed by White police matter.

There are lots of quotes on this.

They don't care at all about the hundreds of black people murdered in the inner cities the past few weekends. Those black lives don't matter and BLM is very clear on this point.

So to BLM the vast majority of black people who are murdered in the USA do not matter.

The true primes of BLM is to highlight the unjust treatment that blacks face when dealing with the American legal system. its really that simple. Bringing up how blacks murder blacks is not only a deflection of the true goal of BLM.

Thank you for clairifying that.

The ONLY black lives that matter are those who are black and killed by white police.

The black Child murdered at a BLM protest by a protester didn't matter, her life didn't matter to BLM.

The black men murdered by BLM protesters in Seattle didn't matter, their lives didn't and don't matter to BLM.

Only select black lives matter to BLM.

Remember that the next time you are protesting - the vast majority of black lives don't matter at all to BLM, they are worthless to BLM and BLM doesn't care about most black lives - only the black lives taken by white police - all other black lives are meaningless, disposable, expendable and don't matter to BLM.

I appreciate your clarification of the matter that the vast majority of black lives are worthless and don't matter to BLM.
Black lives taken by black people matter the least and are of no consequence to BLM at all.

Again, the BLM movement at core is about the unjust treatment that blacks receive from the american legal system. All this other crap you are spewing has nothing to do with BLM.

Just remember the next time that you are deflecting that you honestly dont care about the lives of the black community or how they are pumped through the legal system like cattle, you rather just point out how blacks kill other blacks (like it isnt a proximity and poverty issue).

All I can see is that BLM doesn't care about the vast majority of black people murdered, only select black people. This has been their consistent message and your message. They are even perfectly ok with BLM members murdering black men and a child through their silence on the matter. This tell the world how much BLM really cares about the majority of black people, they don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why are people scared of these cowards? I thought democrats hated racist groups anyways.

Of course, though, it's not like they didn't try this back when they flourished in the KKK. Another day, another racist group.

so you are saying BLM is a racist group?

isn't the idea of separating humans due to racial differences pretty much the definition of racism?

BLM isnt about separating humans due to racial differences. Is this what you were told?

This is what I am seeing. If you think it's different, I'm going to need to you to explain this a bit more. My perspective sees it this way. Maybe if you step back and look at it from and outside view, you would understand why I say that.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddguy

I have 4 grand kids. 3 of them are mixed. I have a vested interest in seeing that racism get's shown the door. We had been making progress. It wasn't cool to be a racist asshole anymore. Even my people (rednecks) seemed largely against blatant racism.

But this movement seems to be hijacked and pushing for more separation, more distancing between the races.

We don't want no police? WTF is that about? Idiots might think that, but nobody with working brain cells would think removing police is the answer to anything.

This movement has/had the potential to make some real changes with regard to how Police interact with Black people. And I do think that police treat black people different in some places. Now, if we could introduce personal responsibility, and make those same black people understand WHY the police think and act like they do (WITH dialog), then we might make some real headway.

I'm sofaking tired of the victim mentality making excuses for poor behavior. If you would like to discuss this, I'd be happy to do so, with respect.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It’s not just the police. Now they don’t want courts or prisons either.
They might as well say “we are the enemy and we are coming to kill you”

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

It’s not just the police. Now they don’t want courts or prisons either.
They might as well say “we are the enemy and we are coming to kill you”

Now, why is nobody in the media asking the obvious question?

Q: Who wants no police or court system in place?
A: Simple, criminals. Only people intent on committing crimes are the ones that do not want anyone or anything to get in their way.

Q: WHY is this ^^^^^ not blatantly obvious?
A: Fear and a cult mentality. Fear of not going along with a frightening mob, fear of being labeled racist, fear of standing up and being openly critical of this idea. This type of control is exactly how cults gain subjects and use them to recruit more cult members. Using intimidation, fear, and threats of being banned from "their friends/relatives list". It is easier to go along with the crowd than to stand against it. This is the basis of how the 15th-16th century witch trials got so out of hand. This is another reason to destroy history. It will allow these things to be repeated if you don't know how the inevitable outcome will play out based upon historic accounts.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I have 4 grand kids. 3 of them are mixed. I have a vested interest in seeing that racism get's shown the door. We had been making progress. It wasn't cool to be a racist asshole anymore. Even my people (rednecks) seemed largely against blatant racism.

But this movement seems to be hijacked and pushing for more separation, more distancing between the races.

We don't want no police? WTF is that about? Idiots might think that, but nobody with working brain cells would think removing police is the answer to anything.

This movement has/had the potential to make some real changes with regard to how Police interact with Black people. And I do think that police treat black people different in some places. Now, if we could introduce personal responsibility, and make those same black people understand WHY the police think and act like they do (WITH dialog), then we might make some real headway.

I'm sofaking tired of the victim mentality making excuses for poor behavior. If you would like to discuss this, I'd be happy to do so, with respect.

Fully agree with everything you said. The movement has been hi jacked and thats why i will keep saying that the core of this moment was to highlight the unjust treatment of blacks by the American legal system.

Like any reasonable person knows cops are essential and all cops aren't racist but the institution itself is geared towards racial inequality and the whole system needs to be changed.

This false narrative of "black on black crime" being ignored by the black community needs to stop being used as a way to demean the fight for justice. Blacks address these crimes among themselves all the time, rappers, community activist, churches, THE PEOPLE, they all speak against situations like Chicago and look for ways to make change but the issue isn't just bad behavior thing, its a poverty, lack of education, lack of resources, and the removal of rights thing that is also heavily fueled by this current unjust system that im sure you are aware of.

To be clear. as a black man that fully understands the poor race relations in this country, i am no victim, but not every black person has access to the resources i had. You may think its a victim mentality, in many cases it is. No matter what though, as a white man, you can only imagine. No matter how many biracial kids are in your family.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm seeing, as well.

Progress was being made, slow steady forward progress. Surely, there were hiccups along the way, but overall, racism was, and I suppose in most places, still is being shown the door.

I live in the Deep South, NE Alabama. I've seen little overt racism here, that would not have been the case even twenty years ago...we won't even talk about what it was fifty years ago, when Jim Crow was the Law of the Land in many places.

Is that progress still being made? Probably, but BLM is not helping the cause any.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Is that progress still being made? Probably, but BLM is not helping the cause any.

Thats false. Not supporting the official BLM organization but you cant deny the progress they have made. Just because YOU don't support the organization or the current direction they are taking (Which i don't either) , you cant deny the attention they have brought and the progress they have made.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

When BLM first became a thing, I was all for it, and I still am. Because it was about doing the right thing. Doing something about the deaths of blacks at the hands of law enforcement, and the imbalance in the justice system.

All very worthy goals.

That may, indeed, still be the case, but much of that is being very much overshadowed by the public perception of BLM.

This is politics. In politics perception is 90 percent of the battle. Too much of the public perception of BLM as a dangerously unhinged group is going to hurt the continuing fight that the Civil Rights Movement brought to the forefront. Many more moderate voices need to come to the front, otherwise the perception is going to remain bad, and get worse. Deserved, or not, doesn't really play into it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yes BLM is a very racist group, even against black people.

They have clearly said that Black Lives Matter ONLY applies to black people killed by white police.

They have been very clear that the black people killed by BLM members do not matter.

They have been very clear that the black children killed by BLM members do not matter.

So yes they are racist because they are quite clear that ONLY Black people Killed by White police matter.

There are lots of quotes on this.

They don't care at all about the hundreds of black people murdered in the inner cities the past few weekends. Those black lives don't matter and BLM is very clear on this point.

So to BLM the vast majority of black people who are murdered in the USA do not matter.

The true primes of BLM is to highlight the unjust treatment that blacks face when dealing with the American legal system. its really that simple. Bringing up how blacks murder blacks is not only a deflection of the true goal of BLM.

Thank you for clairifying that.

The ONLY black lives that matter are those who are black and killed by white police.

The black Child murdered at a BLM protest by a protester didn't matter, her life didn't matter to BLM.

The black men murdered by BLM protesters in Seattle didn't matter, their lives didn't and don't matter to BLM.

Only select black lives matter to BLM.

Remember that the next time you are protesting - the vast majority of black lives don't matter at all to BLM, they are worthless to BLM and BLM doesn't care about most black lives - only the black lives taken by white police - all other black lives are meaningless, disposable, expendable and don't matter to BLM.

I appreciate your clarification of the matter that the vast majority of black lives are worthless and don't matter to BLM.
Black lives taken by black people matter the least and are of no consequence to BLM at all.

Again, the BLM movement at core is about the unjust treatment that blacks receive from the american legal system. All this other crap you are spewing has nothing to do with BLM.

Just remember the next time that you are deflecting that you honestly dont care about the lives of the black community or how they are pumped through the legal system like cattle, you rather just point out how blacks kill other blacks (like it isnt a proximity and poverty issue).

All I can see is that BLM doesn't care about the vast majority of black people murdered, only select black people. This has been their consistent message and your message. They are even perfectly ok with BLM members murdering black men and a child through their silence on the matter. This tell the world how much BLM really cares about the majority of black people, they don't.

All i see is your ignorance and lack of care for the black community. Instead of looking for understanding, you want to hold onto and ride this false narrative that blacks dont care about each other, they just viciously murder each other without remorse and only care when cops kill them.

Lets not even talk anymore eh?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When BLM first became a thing, I was all for it, and I still am. Because it was about doing the right thing. Doing something about the deaths of blacks at the hands of law enforcement, and the imbalance in the justice system.

All very worthy goals.

That may, indeed, still be the case, but much of that is being very much overshadowed by the public perception of BLM.

This is politics. In politics perception is 90 percent of the battle. Too much of the public perception of BLM as a dangerously unhinged group is going to hurt the continuing fight that the Civil Rights Movement brought to the forefront. Many more moderate voices need to come to the front, otherwise the perception is going to remain bad, and get worse. Deserved, or not, doesn't really play into it.

I agree. I can only do my best to remind people when i can that this fight is against the unjust treatment of blacks by the American legal system.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The problem here is that that is the ideal you hold in your heart.. but it is not in theirs.

This is how movements are hijacked, though many start out with the manipulation in mind. When examing what a system (or organization, or group) "is," do not look at how its described. Instead, look at what it actually does, and what the results actually are in the "real world." To be fair here though, everything from BLM to the green new deal is pretty openly described to be different than the ideals they are supposed to focus on.

This same tactic is used in everything from environmentalism & animal activism to poverty, world hunger, & "sustainability." They are set up to do two things:

1) Achieve funding, ideally perpetually
2) Achieve power and control, ideally perpetually

In order to achieve those goals, they can not actually address the problem. Its a sordid, duplicitous operating platform, but actually working towards the ideals they manipulate would wreck the business. They can just blame lack of progress on whoever opposes them, frequently under the guise of DoubleSpeak. Statements like "If you dont support BLM, you are racist," "If you disagree with the green new deal, you hate the environement," and "you must hate sustainability if you criticise sustainable development goals!"

Importantly, its not so much about individuals. So, you might personally say you dont think like that (or do), but the important factor is how deeply embedded that can become in the social group as a whole.

Even if there is absolutely no intentional manipulation, attempting to achieve our ideals can have the exact opposite result. Thats where a plan, openly discussed between all social groups, is an absolute necessity alongside having the patience to not allow our emotions to be the sole factor in how we work towards our goals.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

The problem here is that that is the ideal you hold in your heart.. but it is not in theirs.

This is how movements are hijacked, though many start out with the manipulation in mind. When examing what a system (or organization, or group) "is," do not look at how its described. Instead, look at what it actually does, and what the results actually are in the "real world." To be fair here though, everything from BLM to the green new deal is pretty openly described to be different than the ideals they are supposed to focus on.

This same tactic is used in everything from environmentalism & animal activism to poverty, world hunger, & "sustainability." They are set up to do two things:

In order to achieve those goals, they can not actually address the problem. Its a sordid, duplicitous operating platform, but actually working towards the ideals they manipulate would wreck the business. They can just blame lack of progress on whoever opposes them, frequently under the guise of DoubleSpeak. Statements like "If you dont support BLM, you are racist," "If you disagree with the green new deal, you hate the environement," and "you must hate sustainability if you criticise sustainable development goals!"

Importantly, its not so much about individuals. So, you might personally say you dont think like that (or do), but the important factor is how deeply embedded that can become in the social group as a whole.

Even if there is absolutely no intentional manipulation, attempting to achieve our ideals can have the exact opposite result. Thats where a plan, openly discussed between all social groups, is an absolute necessity alongside having the patience to not allow our emotions to be the sole factor in how we work towards our goals.

This is all true. I can only do my best and help those in my proximity who care to understand, understand. I take issue with people who try to hide their racism under "All lives matter", try to demean the significance of the fight with "what about black on black crime" and or try to act like they really dont understand the unjust treatment from the American legal system that blacks have to face, how it effects lives, and the development of a community.

I live in Washington DC. I see more whites out protesting and marching then blacks. Whether its their own white guilt or their understanding that there needs to be change made, I respect it.

This is the time for all these uncomfortable conversations. The healing process isn't always smoothing sailing. It can be very painful.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

To be clear. as a black man that fully understands the poor race relations in this country, i am no victim, but not every black person has access to the resources i had. You may think its a victim mentality, in many cases it is. No matter what though, as a white man, you can only imagine. No matter how many biracial kids are in your family.

I would never dream of understanding what it's like to be black, I mentioned my grand kids just to illustrate that I'm invested in a solution, likely more so than others.

But you think the police need to change, and I agree, but the reason for the police to act the way they do towards blacks in certain areas is also a large factor. If all you saw were gangbangers who had no regard for a human life, day in, and day out, would your outlook on the people you encounter be a positive one, or negative? And remember, there are an awful lot of black cops with the same outlook.

The culture became such that drugs, whores, killing, selling drugs, generally doing illegal sh!t is not only tolerated, but celebrated. If you can't see that, we can't have a dialog at all. if you do see that, what do you think can be done to change it, or do you not think it needs changing?

Nobody is without fault here, and the sooner we all realize that, the sooner we can get back on track and continue to fix this idiotic issue.

I'll leave you with why I'm so optimistic about this. My son in law grew up in inner city Baltimore. His stories about growing up are frightening and come right out of movies I didn't think represented reality. he sold drugs to survive, while his mom was high on heroin and his dad was dead. His brothers all in jail, or just getting out. He had everything stacked against him, would have likely been just another death statistic. But he joined the Army, got his sh!t together, and focused on his strengths. He is now a first Sargent, Is an incredible leader, has the respect of everyone he has come in contact with, and shows no signs of not being anything he wants to be at the end of his military career. he didn't have to do any of that, but he did. he put in the effort and rose above the garbage situation. Sure he's somewhat of an anomaly, but I'd wager there are many more like him that just haven't realized they have a choice.

Maybe someone will find a way to get that message to the kids who would listen to it.

Thanks for the respectful dialog.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This is all true. I can only do my best and help those in my proximity who care to understand, understand. I take issue with people who try to hide their racism under "All lives matter", try to demean the significance of the fight with "what about black on black crime" and or try to act like they really dont understand the unjust treatment from the American legal system that blacks have to face, how it effects lives, and the development of a community.

I live in Washington DC. I see more whites out protesting and marching then blacks. Whether its their own white guilt or their understanding that there needs to be change made, I respect it.

This is the time for all these uncomfortable conversations. The healing process isn't always smoothing sailing. It can be very painful.

I agree with all you stated above. And the problem is when someone completely ignores the actions (real actions) of a group to which they subscribe or support, and only concentrates on the "stated goals" (which are mere words), then they are putting blinders upon themselves. They become blind to the atrocities and destruction that becomes part and parcel of that groups ACTIONS.

See where where are coming from now?

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I could go into another long tangent about how things came to be but i'll leave it at both sides have work to do. However, it needs to be understood that one side is and has been fighting an uphill battle since day 1 so this whole "pull yourself up by the boot straps thing isnt really applicable on a large skill with the way things are now. Regardless, i too am very optimistic right now but i know it wont be a super smooth process. Thank you for your perspective as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I agree with all you stated above. And the problem is when someone completely ignores the actions (real actions) of a group to which they subscribe or support, and only concentrates on the "stated goals" (which are mere words), then they are putting blinders upon themselves. They become blind to the atrocities and destruction that becomes part and parcel of that groups ACTIONS.

So lets also not ignore the actions (real actions) of these racist institutions that have helped force the community into its current position. Very real, atrocities and destruction, coming from the outside, that the black communities had been screaming about for decades. The only difference, on side is blaming a group of people, the other side is blaming not only these racist systems and institutions but the people that blindly support them.
edit on 13-7-2020 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2020 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

So lets also not ignore the actions (real actions) of these racist institutions that have helped force the community into its current position. Very real, atrocities and destruction, coming from the outside, that the black communities had been screaming about for decades. The only difference, on side is blaming a group of people, the other side is blaming not only these racist systems and institutions but the people that blindly support them.

Yes, racists will exist....period (on all sides, let's be honest here). Do I support them, no. However, to ignore the progress that has been made over the past 150 years is also disingenuous to those of us who are alive today that are not racists. But being lumped into that category due to the pigment level of one's skin. And also to hear BLM activists openly state that the color of ones skin matters is (to those of us who were taught that it matters less than the content of one's character) is also an insult.

Does the justice system incarcerate black people at a higher rate? Yes.
Does the black community also embrace negative stereotypes in their music and actions? Yes.

The issue seems to be a refusal to admit these things on all sides.

To me, skin color is irrelevant to how I interact and respect a person. I judge them on their actions. I alwys have and always will. However, I have openly been told that is ignoring the problem now. When, I was taught it shouldn't matter at all by parents that marched with MLK Jr.

So, it seems to me that the message has changed drastically, yet many refuse to acknowledge that even to this day and wave color around as a sword to strike out at people for not agreeing with the radical change in the message.

Sorry, but, I refuse to consider a person's color in any personal or professional decision I make. Respect me, I'll respect you. Simple, to the point, and we can all get along. I owe you nothing, you owe me nothing.

edit on 7/13/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think you have the right idea but I think you lack insight but its not your own fault. If you truly understand the impact of these racist institutions, not just as "yea i heard about that before" but really take the time to understand, you will see that even the glorification of negatives stereo types in music comes from the position and restraints these institutions have placed on the community. Rapers have spoken on this for years. How white execs actively seek to promote the gangster image for record sales, how rappers wont get their songs played unless they talk about ignorant crap.

Lets be real, a lot of young suburban white kids are some of the largest attendees at these rap concerts, buying up all the albums and streams. They know all the lyrics, all that. The difference is they have no really connection to the music because they aren't in the communities.

I know it sound like a bunch of blame passing. I can only give you my word that when i first came to seeking a resolution to the issues the black community faces, I too though that many of the arguments were just blame passing but the more history i learned and continue to learn, the more i realize what systematic racism truly is and how it impacts our country as a whole today. The black community as a group doesn't stand a chance if these things aren't addressed.

P.S I as an American, I owe you some level of respect as my fellow countryman. If we disagree on something, we should at least try to find some common ground. If not, we should respectfully go our own ways. If i have to be 1000 with you, I'd rather not have to call myself "Black" or you "White" Id rather call you my American brother or sister.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Mayor Bill de Blasio is permitting Black Lives Matter protesters to continue marching through city streets while canceling all large events through September.

I can only see two reasons for this.

Reason 1, Everyone is scared to death of BLM and will cowtow to any wishes they have, for fear of being labeled "racist". There is no end in sight and BLM would be crazy not to exploit this and ask for all kinds of crazy things.

Reason 2, They are secretly super racist and hope that the BLM protests will cull out Brown folk.

If there is another reason, such as some science that shows that the title of the OP isn't a joke and I'm just ignorant of science, then I'm open to it.
But when states are reporting huge spikes in cases, just after Trump's 6500 rally The BLM protests, you have to do some amazing gymnastics to set policy like this.

Are these folks really this flucking stupid?

Short answer, yes.
They are that stupid.
They let trump best them like a Cherokee drum, over and over and over.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join