It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N712jm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I searched and didn't see it being discussed. What's n712jm and what is it's purpose? A bit weird for a 737 that's 7 years old still has the green paint that Boeing applies for testing. I know the Drive.com has covered it a bit and it has been talked about on other sites. Just curious what ya'll think? Here's the flightaware link for said aircraft. flightaware.com... Some odd profiles it seems to be flying.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: norb85

No one knows. It's obviously a testbed for something, but whatever it is, it's classified.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Thanks for the reply Zap! This was what I was thinking. Here's my speculation that I had post else where: "How about a testbed for the B-21 or rq-180? I know the past testbed aircraft have been owned by the respective company building said plane. F-22 testbed(n757a) was owned by Boeing. The f-35 testbed catbird(n35lx) is owned by lockheed. Maybe this will be transferred to Northrop after all the bells and whistles are added?" So why would the USAF let it be tracked at this point? Is the project that it's a testbed for coming out from the black world to the gray world?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I should have said whatever it's testing isn't classified, it's what it is going on that is. Based on the pictures, it's testing static systems, and receivers, most likely RWR gear. The big question is, for what. There's no real reason to hide that, since static systems are universal, and the RWR systems are mostly internal where they can't be seen.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It would need to be a larger platform that it's going into, yes? A whole 737 for one system or multiple systems? Also the green paint for 7 years? Why not just paint it white or whatever color and send it out? Costing cutting? Easier to fly something with the test paint that doesn't raise questions? And hidden away for 7 years and then just comes out to play? Did the system(s) and technology need to mature before it was ready to test? This maybe a stretch, but could it be testing something for the x-37b? Flying out of KCOS would make sense for this with the space force HQ not too far from there. I know you probably don't have answers for many of these questions, but the only way to figure it out is to ask. Thanks again Zap for your insight on this and many other topics. I enjoy lurking and reading yours and everyone else's threads.

Ok I went and looked the who owned this, I thought USAF owned it for its whole life. But I was wrong, Boeing and Wells Fargo trust owned it for a number of years before going to Denmar tech in April of last year and then went on to be owned by the USAF in April. Interesting stuff!
edit on 52020Fri, 10 Jul 2020 22:29:43 -0500b85 by norb85 because: Added another blurb.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Being a larger aircraft gives them the ability to test an entire setup instead of testing piecemeal. They can also test multiple systems, in this case both the static and warning receiver, at the same time. That accelerates testing.

As for the anti corrosion coating instead of paint, it protects the test rig. This way they can't accidentally paint over something, and if it's going on something that has a coating, such as RAM, they get a more accurate test.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw this in. Pretty darn sure you and Zaph went through this aircraft's history, but I'm putting this here for others to see.

flightaware.com...

Edit: here's Denmar www.denmartech.com...
Reno? Hmm use to live there.

Wonder if these guys are involved...

edit on 11-7-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Denmar is a rather interesting company. Read the company description.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Denmar is a rather interesting company. Read the company description.

Noted.

As far as a 737 test bed goes too..

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Catbird has been parked at Plant 42 for awhile now. Catfish is back in play though.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yes but in the OP it was mentioned that a 737 could provide a viable testbed for a radar nose in an F35. So I did a wee bit digging and saw the 737 platform. ( my bringing up Denmar ) wasn't a random finding.
Much like the 757 duck nose platform I keep seeing flying out of st. Louis testing for the F-22. I got it saved under my "Boeing Extras" setting on Flightradar24.

Gotta say, when I moved from Reno many years ago, I was invested in the medical business. Thought Reno was to boring. Now and for some time I realise the underbelly of what has been building up.

Perhaps I should venture back home and see who has been cooking up what.

Edit: plant 42

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Catbird did most of the F-35 integration, but was parked several years ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Where? Victorville? Can't find it at Edwards.
Edit: ah! Fort Worth texas..

Btw, 2 JANET beech 1900's left Edwards North auxiliary today.... that intrigued me😮

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Palmdale. She's hiding by the Skunk Works buildings.

top topics

join