It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Thats always good. I'd enjoy pwning n00bs from the Death Starrrerrrrrrr My PC :p

hehehe

I don't think there is going to be multiplayer at first. Will Wright described this game as a-symetrically online.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
so you're saying my high score will pwn noobs? :p

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
so you're saying my high score will pwn noobs? :p

No, not just that(though that too will probably be available at launch). The Creatures/Buildings/Vehicles that you make will be uploaded to a central server so that when other people create a game they have a chance of downloading material designed by you to populate their worlds. I'm sure that Multiplayer will come, either through an expansion or a mod(i'm betting a mod).

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Consider this game bought! Holy crap, this looks amazing.

Dunno if this has been linked but here we go anyway:

G4TV Spore Video

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
15 Minute Developer Demo

media.pc.ign.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The more I see of it, the more I want it. Even if it isn't half as good as it looks, it's going to be amazing.

Sometimes the the hype surrounding a game isn't unfounded, and I think this is one of those times. I cannay wait!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Robin Williams Plays Spore

I must admit I really can't wait for this game, it looks amazing!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I saw the posted vid of this game (not here, sorry) about 3 months back, left my details at the programmers site for further info when it is due to be released / updates etc.

I have not heard anything since, but at the same time waiting for the PS3 so tolerance and patience are fast becoming one of my best attributes lol

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I have not heard anything since, but at the same time waiting for the PS3 so tolerance and patience are fast becoming one of my best attributes lol

You mean you're waiting for the Betama....erm a Bluray player

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
wow spore looks tasty. i cant wait to play this game and my kid is going to dig watching it. ill just need to distract her during the humping scene

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Has anybody heard anything new about this game? There seems to be a void between releases of information.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's been delayed to 2nd half of 2007.

Here are some newish impressions of the vehicle editor

www.pcgamer.com...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by sardion2000]

[edit on 4-1-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Gotta a question...Are you going to need a supercomputer to run this game? and will it fit on 1 DL DVD?

Because the game seems HUUUUGE. My pc is 2-3 years old, and I have no plans on buying a new one.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
They plan on porting it to multiple platforms so no worries. 360/Wii/PS3/DS/PSP are all gonna get their versions eventually according to Wright himself.

As for the graphics quality, since it's based on procedural programming I wouldn't think that it would take that much horsepower.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
As this is a net based game (in the sense that all gamers can download there info for other gamers to utilize) Do you have to pay for internet on the consoles???
What prices, Wii specifically???

I think I'd much prefer to have this on PC but again I don't yet know if I can run it...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You just pay for Browser access on the Wii when the trail is over. Online capabilities per game is another area.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
im going to build a new pc next month to be ready for the new c n c. im confident after that ill be able to play spore on pc
cant wait for either game. i am a rts slut!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I remember in a video about Spore with wright doing some commentary on it, that he was asked the question about multi-platform...and he reponded that he's only focusing on the PC for now.

My pc is a P4 3ghz...So I guess if this game can run on the Wii, my computer should be able to handle it without lag/stutter.

I hate watching any news on this game...it just makes me cringe that I have to wait 9 more months yet.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
At least it will be that much more refined and polished. I just got back into WoW so I have tons to chew over in the upcoming expansion.

Here is another crazy game that's coming for pc soon, if you got a good video card that is.

Bioshock Q2 2007

Oh yeah, I have to revise the release date for spore. According to IGN, spores release date is Q2 2007 not H2 2007 as I had originally read on a #ty blog

[edit on 5-1-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Bioshock looks awesome and very twisted, I hope my pc can run these games but I'm alittle unsure of it processing power, If only my graphics card wouldn't keep messing me about...

Edit: I notice on the developer walkthrough vid, it has the X-box buttons on the little icons bottom left of the screen, so this will be on consoles(360 at least) and would be so cool to put it on the wii...

[edit on 6-1-2007 by chris01621]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join